The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Kursk on October 30, 2015, 11:57:14 PM
I don't understand that attitude. Seeking an alternative to US hegemony does not imply seeking the opposite extreme. Russia is , essentially, a capitalist country. It has a reasonable, pragmatic approach to human rights. It is not North Korea.

Pussy Riot.
Would that happen in Western Europe?
Come to think of it, Ireland was an intolerant theocratic state before we joined the EEC.

Kursk

Quote from: weareros on October 31, 2015, 01:06:08 AM
I don't understand that attitude. Seeking an alternative to US hegemony does not imply seeking the opposite extreme. Russia is , essentially, a capitalist country. It has a reasonable, pragmatic approach to human rights. It is not North Korea.

Pussy Riot.
Would that happen in Western Europe?
Come to think of it, Ireland was an intolerant theocratic state before we joined the EEC.

Pussy riot..are you serious ? they desecrated a church that is sacred to many orthodox Christians. Fair enough, make your point but why pick on something that is sacred to many older Russians who have endured great hardship and persecution to maintain their faith. This is the problem with western idealists. They are so effing stupid. They have no idea what plays well to a Russian audience. Pussy riot are absolutely despised by the majority of Russians.

And what ordinary Russians think about their church is not too far distant to what many Irish people feel about their church. Lads like you are too quick to assume. The Catholic church in Ireland are guilty of some pretty heinous actions but they are still the "catholic church of Ireland" . They are an essential part of our identity. These days everybody is telling us we must "adapt" and go with some eurocrats vision for our country. People will naturally resist this and return to those things that make us unique and separate us from the global mass of unthinking slaves to facebook or google or whatever corporation that throws a few shekels our way.

and to hell with the EEC. What did it ever do except control the global food supply and create butter mountains  ::)

Maguire01

More people are being exposed to the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6J-Qg9kN3M
It really doesn't.

Kursk

It depends what your reference point is I suppose and there is a lot of subjectivity. For example Saudi Arabia is ranked one of the worst in the world but I think many muslim countries (at least of the Sunni persuasion) would strongly dispute that ranking.

Franko

muppet

Quote from: Franko on November 02, 2015, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: highorlow on November 02, 2015, 12:14:58 PM
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/eh-folks-we-need-to-talk-yet-again-about-enda-34158948.html

When you see the things he's said and done pulled together in an article like that it just confirms how big a feckin eejit Kenny really is.

I thought this comment beneath it was interesting:

Is that all we need to talk about Gene?   Not republican army councils?  Not republican paedophilia?   Not republican rapes or cover ups?  Not republican Kangaroo courts? Not poisoning of water systems along the border by republicans?  Not fuel or money laundering by republicans? 

In the whole twenty odd years I've been reading Gene Kerrigan there has never been a whole column by him criticizing the pernicious activities of the republican movement.  All the constitutional party's in the state get in the neck from Gene but never Sinn Fein.   Why not?

Fine Gael have clearly higher than normal levels of incompetence and gombeenism, but some of the others parties are in a different place altogether.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

That's awesome. Minister for druggies. Passionate environment??? WTH.
Meanwhile there are people with genuine medical issues that are not self inflicted that are denied treatment due to cuts.
More PC madness.

"It will effectively mean a diplomatic immunity to inject heroin in a safe, secure, passionate environment," he said.

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2015/1102/739107-minister-proposes-injection-rooms-for-addicts/
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on November 02, 2015, 04:29:14 PM
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/eh-folks-we-need-to-talk-yet-again-about-enda-34158948.html

When you see the things he's said and done pulled together in an article like that it just confirms how big a feckin eejit Kenny really is.

Is that all we need to talk about Gene?   Not republican army councils?  Not republican paedophilia?   Not republican rapes or cover ups?  Not republican Kangaroo courts? Not poisoning of water systems along the border by republicans?  Not fuel or money laundering by republicans? 

In the whole twenty odd years I've been reading Gene Kerrigan there has never been a whole column by him criticizing the pernicious activities of the republican movement.  All the constitutional party's in the state get in the neck from Gene but never Sinn Fein.   Why not?

Fine Gael have clearly higher than normal levels of incompetence and gombeenism, but some of the others parties are in a different place altogether.

Focusing on messenger as opposed to the message. I'm sure Gene would tackle SinnFein if they got in to govt. Fine Gael are in govt now and the article is about the taoiseach and the blatant lies he's telling. The fact SinnFein are worse is irrelevant. 

Maguire01

Quote from: mikehunt on November 02, 2015, 09:18:24 PM

Focusing on messenger as opposed to the message. I'm sure Gene would tackle SinnFein if they got in to govt. Fine Gael are in govt now and the article is about the taoiseach and the blatant lies he's telling. The fact SinnFein are worse is irrelevant.
Not really. If they're the alternative and you think they're worse, then you're better with FG, no?

mikehunt

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2015, 09:58:38 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on November 02, 2015, 09:18:24 PM

Not really. If they're the alternative and you think they're worse, then you're better with FG, no?
The article was about Fine Gael not Sinn Fein. We know you think everything is fine the way it is. Deflection tactics by Blueshirt corruption apologists  to say SinnFein are worse. Could be said the Fine Gael have blood on their hands too because of their policies to look after the rich at the expense of the sick and poor. 5,000 families homeless last month.

muppet

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/number-of-homeless-children-in-dublin-doubles-in-a-year-1.2396086

.....The national data, just published by the Department of the Environment, show there were 1,571 homeless children in 738 families across the State last month......

Shocking figures, but not as shocking as this: '5,000 families homeless last month'.

Even Enda would blush at that one.
MWWSI 2017

Franko

What about... what about... put this on the Sinn Fein thread. (You won't get me defending it either). Enda's a clown.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on November 02, 2015, 11:01:36 PM

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/number-of-homeless-children-in-dublin-doubles-in-a-year-1.2396086

.....The national data, just published by the Department of the Environment, show there were 1,571 homeless children in 738 families across the State last month......

Shocking figures, but not as shocking as this: '5,000 families homeless last month'.

Who do the Department of the environment work for again? Of course I expect the government to give a damning report about themselves. No figure massaging there I bet...

How do you really think these poll figures are reached? A few lads with clipboards around D4 or Grafton St asking "Excuse me sir, are you homeless?".

The true figures vs the govt ones will be way off...

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on November 02, 2015, 11:01:36 PM

Was on the news last night. 5,000 in emergency accommodation last month. It must have been people instead of families but either way still a shocking figure.