The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I think "nice" is not the word here, it is shorthand for the set of people who realise that things have to be paid for and that everyone has to aim to pay a bit. SF have given up on responsible government.

Sadly a very unstable position may be in prospect, although some of the independents/Renua might agree to support a minority FG operation on the budget at least.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

I'd imagine they'd want their half kilo of flesh in return.
The Fitzmaurice/Ross In do alliance would likely vote for Kenny as Taoiseach to enable some stability.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on October 27, 2015, 07:46:22 PM
I think "nice" is not the word here, it is shorthand for the set of people who realise that things have to be paid for and that everyone has to aim to pay a bit. SF have given up on responsible government.

Sadly a very unstable position may be in prospect, although some of the independents/Renua might agree to support a minority FG operation on the budget at least.

That's a sweeping generalisation.
You are equating "nice" with anyone who doesn't agree with FG's policies or how they've run the country since they got into power.

You reckon those who won't vote FG are spongers with their hand out?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Maguire01

To be honest, they'd probably be more responsible if they were in government. Look at what happened Syriza, eventually. The problem is that some people actually believe the opposition parties would deliver on all their promises if they were in government. The reality is very different.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 27, 2015, 09:26:52 PM
The problem is that some people actually believe the opposition parties would deliver on all their promises if they were in government. The reality is very different.

Just like Fine Gael promised when Fianna Fail were in power......

armaghniac

Quote from: foxcommander on October 27, 2015, 08:16:34 PM

That's a sweeping generalisation.
You are equating "nice" with anyone who doesn't agree with FG's policies or how they've run the country since they got into power.

I'm disagreeing with the word "nice", perhaps responsible would be better.

QuoteYou reckon those who won't vote FG are spongers with their hand out?

A lot of them are codding themselves that money grows on trees.

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on October 27, 2015, 09:43:00 PM
The problem is that some people actually believe the opposition parties would deliver on all their promises if they were in government. The reality is very different.

Yes.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 28, 2015, 07:11:15 AM

Yes.

Are you saying that Fine Gael are liars?

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on October 29, 2015, 01:51:52 PM

Yes.

Call it lying, call it playing the political "game", call it what you want, all parties do it. I don't know of any party that has delivered all it promised after getting into office.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 29, 2015, 06:44:30 PM

Yes.

Call it lying, call it playing the political "game", call it what you want, all parties do it. I don't know of any party that has delivered all it promised after getting into office.

Quite. Show me one politician who isn't economical with the truth. Some though spin complete bollix knowing right well that they cannot do it and that they shouldn't do it even if they could.

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on October 29, 2015, 07:08:57 PM

Yes.

Quite. Show me one politician who isn't economical with the truth. Some though spin complete bollix knowing right well that they cannot do it and that they shouldn't do it even if they could.

Shouldn't every politican/candidate formally submit their manifesto before every election. That way they can can be judged on what they said they would achieve during their time in office before they stand again.

At least it would keep them honest.

I'm sure they'd all vote for that :)

foxcommander

Frankie Feighan can promise he'll keep his elbows to himself for the next 5 years.

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on October 29, 2015, 07:52:20 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 29, 2015, 07:08:57 PM

Yes.

Shouldn't every politican/candidate formally submit their manifesto before every election. That way they can can be judged on what they said they would achieve during their time in office before they stand again.

At least it would keep them honest.

I'm sure they'd all vote for that :)
Every politician signs up to their party's manifesto.

vallankumous

Nobody believes that.

Maguire01

Quote from: vallankumous on October 29, 2015, 09:05:52 PM

Nobody believes that.
Clearly some do.