The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 26, 2015, 06:38:56 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on October 26, 2015, 02:31:41 AM
Pay cut?? They really really put themselves on the breadine in solidarity.
They'll be making up for it in expenses claims. Don't fret.

Nice to see the minister for emigration Jimmy Deenihan makes a nice living out of other peoples misery.
As for the social worker in charge of justice. Overpaid to spout a few buzzwords into a camera. Real value for money there.

and paying 4 grand a week for enda. let that sink in. then try justify it.
A social worker in charge of Justice... do you want to list the professional credentials of your alternative front bench?

And Enda gets just over €3,500 a week as Taoiseach. If you convert the currency, McGuinness is paid €3,200 a week as one of two First Ministers of an administration (not even a full government) for a much smaller jurisdiction. (Not to mention that the Taoiseach's salary will be subject to higher taxes in the south than the dFM's in the north.) Which would you rather justify first?

Maguire - The only way you try to justify Enda's wages is by trying to attack Sinn Fein (who aren't the government in the 26 counties).

How typical of you :D

Vladamir Putin gets 125k a year. Certainly doesn't do more work than Enda mind you. It takes a special someone to pull in  3.5k a week to get stuck in a lift or go on another pointless photoshoot.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on October 26, 2015, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 26, 2015, 06:38:56 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on October 26, 2015, 02:31:41 AM
Pay cut?? They really really put themselves on the breadine in solidarity.
They'll be making up for it in expenses claims. Don't fret.

Nice to see the minister for emigration Jimmy Deenihan makes a nice living out of other peoples misery.
As for the social worker in charge of justice. Overpaid to spout a few buzzwords into a camera. Real value for money there.

and paying 4 grand a week for enda. let that sink in. then try justify it.
A social worker in charge of Justice... do you want to list the professional credentials of your alternative front bench?

And Enda gets just over €3,500 a week as Taoiseach. If you convert the currency, McGuinness is paid €3,200 a week as one of two First Ministers of an administration (not even a full government) for a much smaller jurisdiction. (Not to mention that the Taoiseach's salary will be subject to higher taxes in the south than the dFM's in the north.) Which would you rather justify first?

Maguire - The only way you try to justify Enda's wages is by trying to attack Sinn Fein (who aren't the government in the 26 counties).

How typical of you :D

Vladamir Putin gets 125k a year. Certainly doesn't do more work than Enda mind you. It takes a special someone to pull in  3.5k a week to get stuck in a lift or go on another pointless photoshoot.
You're missing my point. I'm NOT attacking SF. I have no issue with McGuinness being paid that salary. I think it's reasonable that someone gets paid a wage that reflects the hours they put in, the responsibility they have, the scrutiny they're under, not to mention the mandate they have (democracy, eh?) - that's my view regardless of what party they're in.

And a comparison with SF is surely relevant if they're the alternative to the current government?

Rossfan

You'd think no Ministers ever got paid before the current lot going by the eejity quotes Maguire is replying to.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Ministers should be paid, but should perform high quality work. The issue is the latter, not the former.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2015, 06:12:50 PM
Ministers should be paid, but should perform high quality work. The issue is the latter, not the former.
Well they do get a fairly public appraisal every 4-5 years.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 26, 2015, 06:55:23 PM

The team does, not the individuals.
But the appraisal is based on suspect principles, with much talk of trivialities and ignoring of important issues.

foxcommander

Yes - please please please appoint Frances Fitzgerald as minister for justice...she's great, doesn't talk in buzzwords and knows what she's doing. Those social worker skills really will come in handy.

While you're at it please appoint Heather Humpreys to the position of minister for the gaeltacht even though she can't actually speak irish.

James Reilly health minister who has conflicts of interest due to his own private nursing homes...

etc...

Good job! They don't get paid half enough.

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on October 26, 2015, 07:30:06 PM

Yes - please please please appoint Frances Fitzgerald as minister for justice...she's great, doesn't talk in buzzwords and knows what she's doing. Those social worker skills really will come in handy.

While you're at it please appoint Heather Humpreys to the position of minister for the gaeltacht even though she can't actually speak irish.

James Reilly health minister who has conflicts of interest due to his own private nursing homes...

etc...

Who would your alternative ministers be for those 3 jobs?

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 26, 2015, 08:15:54 PM

etc...

I'll let you know when they pay me 200k a year. I want an Enda Kenny wig as well...

https://irishelectionliterature.wordpress.com/2013/10/13/the-contract-for-a-better-ireland-fine-gael-2007-leaflet/

I'll practice my lack of charisma and oozing of smarm behaviour.

My contract....

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on October 26, 2015, 08:36:34 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 26, 2015, 08:15:54 PM

etc...

I'll let you know when they pay me 200k a year. I want an Enda Kenny wig as well...

https://irishelectionliterature.wordpress.com/2013/10/13/the-contract-for-a-better-ireland-fine-gael-2007-leaflet/

I'll practice my lack of charisma and oozing of smarm behaviour.

My contract....
Just as I thought. The current crop aren't up to much, but you can't name any better alternatives. Yet presumably if we reduce all Ministers' pay to a pittance, individuals with vast experience and professional qualifications will be lining up to take over...

armaghniac

Quote from: foxcommander on October 26, 2015, 08:36:34 PM

presumably if you get to run a country or any organisation of any size they will pay you 200k a year.
Given your powers of analysis, I wouldn't get my expectations up if I was you.

Canalman

Getting someone to get into coalition post election with FG is its major problem atm. No natural "allies" out there with the numbers needed.

Convinced we will be at the polls twice in 2016/ early 2017.

Rossfan

Quote from: Canalman on October 27, 2015, 10:47:48 AM
Getting someone to get into coalition post election with FG is its major problem atm. No natural "allies" out there with the numbers needed.

Looks like that currently. No doubt the FG message will be "return us for stability".
Are we now looking at
FG 50
Lab 10
FF30-35
SF25
UncleTomCobbleys 38-43.

I heard something on the news that SF/ArmyCouncil are going to consider a voting pact with the loonylefties.
Obviously SF recognise that the "nice" potential support is vanishing and hope that they will make up for it by getting transfers from the Luddite/Nihilist camps.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

FF/FG coalition - they're practically the same.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on October 27, 2015, 11:39:37 AM

Looks like that currently. No doubt the FG message will be "return us for stability".
Are we now looking at
FG 50
Lab 10
FF30-35
SF25
UncleTomCobbleys 38-43.

I heard something on the news that SF/ArmyCouncil are going to consider a voting pact with the loonylefties.
Obviously SF recognise that the "nice" potential support is vanishing and hope that they will make up for it by getting transfers from the Luddite/Nihilist camps.

What a condescending little post.
You are considering yourself "nice" I take it? I'd go with "a-hole" instead.