The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 30, 2015, 11:37:25 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on September 30, 2015, 11:33:46 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 29, 2015, 04:58:18 PM
Good to see Enda's crew in the justice system are finally persistent in taking the right people to court. Should have jailed her.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0929/731102-satellite-dish/

By common sense I'm guessing Inda is advocating crucifixion here. An old helpless woman is just the type of person this govt will chase to fund the wealthy and powerful.
Have you ever heard of separation of powers??   ::)

Does your definition of "separation of powers" include Purcell's visit to Martin Callinan at the behest of our dear leader? The Fennelly Report suggests that this intervention directly resulted in the resignation of Callinan, something that a Taoiseach is not permitted to do.

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on September 30, 2015, 12:06:39 PM
Mac - I've blocked those 2 clowns around a year ago.
The 2 quotes you've used re affirms my belief in the correctness of my action.

Rossfan, the purpose of a forum is that people discuss topics and sometimes give their opinions. U seem to block anyone that points out flaws in your arguments and you always seem to play the man rather than the ball. Your constant use of the term "lefty loons" always make me laugh as it is the unions who ensure your inflated public service salary is maintained. Now go back and enjoy that trough!!!

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on September 30, 2015, 03:50:01 PM
Good to see Enda's crew in the justice system are finally persistent in taking the right people to court. Should have jailed her.

By common sense I'm guessing Inda is advocating crucifixion here. An old helpless woman is just the type of person this govt will chase to fund the wealthy and powerful.

Does your definition of "separation of powers" include Purcell's visit to Martin Callinan at the behest of our dear leader? The Fennelly Report suggests that this intervention directly resulted in the resignation of Callinan, something that a Taoiseach is not permitted to do.

But he never did...and all his lickspittles will swear to anyone who will listen to keep themselves in office.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

macdanger2

What's the relevance of that to the case you were commenting on??

Let's just be clear here, your comment was:

QuoteAn old helpless woman is just the type of person this govt will chase to fund the wealthy and powerful.

Now is it a case that you actually believe that the govt were chasing the woman in this case? Or is it just a Joe Duffy-esque soundbite??

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 30, 2015, 04:08:33 PM

What's the relevance of that to the case you were commenting on??

Let's just be clear here, your comment was:

QuoteAn old helpless woman is just the type of person this govt will chase to fund the wealthy and powerful.

Now is it a case that you actually believe that the govt were chasing the woman in this case? Or is it just a Joe Duffy-esque soundbite??

Do you deny that there has been a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich under this govt?

I'll give u an example. IBRC are alleged to have given an interest rate of 1.5% on Redacted's loans. This is inexplicable as this country has to borrow at way over that rate to keep the country going. So in effect the tax payer is financing the shortfall of what DOB should be paying and what he is actually paying. This has resulted in less revenue for County and City Councils to provide services. They have to look elsewhere to raise revenues. Who do they go to? 90 year old ladies end up being taken to court and now have to foot the bill.

Property taxes and a second water tax along with increase Motor Tax etc are being showed on to those who can't dictate what taxes they pay if at all. Hopefully ure getting the gist of this now but maybe like Ross fan u prefer to put your hands over your ears and shout to yourself that isn't happening. The govt through legislation, spin and bluster are bullying those who cannot defend themselves in to footing the bill for the rich and powerful who refuse to honour their debts.

macdanger2

So you're going off on a complete tangent now??  ::)

No, I certainly don't deny that there has been a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich under this govt (and indeed under previous governments, not just here but internationally)

To bring this back to your original point though in relation to this case, do I think that this govt is responsible for this particular case?? Not in the slightest. Some over-zealous clown of a civil servant is to blame - he and his bosses should have better things to do besides bringing something like this to court.

foxcommander

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 30, 2015, 04:32:06 PM
Some over-zealous clown of a civil servant is to blame - he and his bosses should have better things to do besides bringing something like this to court.

And who are their bosses?
Point is that these over-zealous clowns would be better tasked with investigating the real crooks in the financial industry.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

mikehunt

No, I certainly don't deny that there has been a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich under this govt (and indeed under previous governments, not just here but internationally)

To bring this back to your original point though in relation to this case, do I think that this govt is responsible for this particular case?? Not in the slightest. Some over-zealous clown of a civil servant is to blame - he and his bosses should have better things to do besides bringing something like this to court.

It is decisions made by the govt that are resulting in the City Council chasing people for money. Their revenues are reduced so they look elsewhere and go for easy targets like 90 year old ladies. There is absolutely no tangent here, govt policies are resulting in 90 year old ladies being chased.  ::) (sarky smiley face right back at you. always an argument winner!!!!)

deiseach

Quote from: mikehunt on September 30, 2015, 05:15:14 PM
It is decisions made by the govt that are resulting in the City Council chasing people for money. Their revenues are reduced so they look elsewhere and go for easy targets like 90 year old ladies. There is absolutely no tangent here, govt policies are resulting in 90 year old ladies being chased.  ::) (sarky smiley face right back at you. always an argument winner!!!!)

How will a couple of grand in legal costs boost revenue for the City Council?

Rossfan

They'd have loads of Revenue only for Sinn Pain and the loonies pursuing a right wing policy of tax cutting in the Council.
They voted to reduce the Property Tax so they can chase middle class votes and save Paul Murphy's rich family thousands of €€€€€€€
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Easy target for money?? What do you think this lady was taken to court for??

macdanger2

Quote from: foxcommander on September 30, 2015, 04:36:12 PM
Some over-zealous clown of a civil servant is to blame - he and his bosses should have better things to do besides bringing something like this to court.

Point is that these over-zealous clowns would be better tasked with investigating the real crooks in the financial industry.

Their bosses are someone in the council I presume. Or do you think the Gardai are their bosses??

I thought you were a big law and order man anyway foxy?? You certainly don't approve of refugees breaking the law from what you've said

Maguire01

The €1,500 is to go towards Dublin City Council's legal costs for taking her to court. It doesn't even cover all their costs - it's a contribution. A net deficit for the Council in bringing this case. That's an odd way to boost revenue.

Maguire01

Ultimately the Council is it not? That's the Council with SF as the largest party.

That's now the responsibility of local authorities?

Maguire01

Once again, demonstrating that common sense isn't very common.

Ironically:
The Taoiseach has said that a measure of "common sense" should have been used after a 90-year-old woman was brought to court after she erected a satellite dish outside her home, in breach of planning laws.