The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on April 25, 2015, 07:56:30 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 24, 2015, 06:50:19 PM
Alan Dukes gave his side of the story on The Last Word this evening.  I'm sure you can listen back somehow; he was on at 5.15 (ie 45 mins into the program).

The most interesting bit was that he laid into the Senior Civil Servant in DoF and claimed that said civil servant wanted to be on the Board of IRBC so that he could railroad decisions at the Board Table.

The gravy train might have gone off the rails if that had happened....can't have that...
Well done Alan. Make sure you look after your buds.
So do you think the Civil Servant should have been on the Board?

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 26, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
Alan Dukes gave his side of the story on The Last Word this evening.  I'm sure you can listen back somehow; he was on at 5.15 (ie 45 mins into the program).

The most interesting bit was that he laid into the Senior Civil Servant in DoF and claimed that said civil servant wanted to be on the Board of IRBC so that he could railroad decisions at the Board Table.

The gravy train might have gone off the rails if that had happened....can't have that...

Why bother?

MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

There was a reason Dukes didn't want him there. We'll never know.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on April 27, 2015, 04:31:08 AM

That's not answering the question.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 27, 2015, 06:15:15 AM

Kind of irrelevant now isn't it?

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on April 27, 2015, 06:17:21 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 27, 2015, 06:15:15 AM

Kind of irrelevant now isn't it?
It was clearly relevant enough for you to make your initial comment. But if you don't want to answer the question, that's fine.

foxcommander

Seems like Richard Bruton is being shafted by his own party in the run up to the next election.

He's probably one of the only TD's in that party that is actually a competent politician. Still a shame he didn't win that leadership vote.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0430/697973-fine-gael/

Lar Naparka

Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 08:22:45 PM
Seems like Richard Bruton is being shafted by his own party in the run up to the next election.

He's probably one of the only TD's in that party that is actually a competent politician. Still a shame he didn't win that leadership vote.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0430/697973-fine-gael/
I live in his constituency and we are on first name terms. I always found him to be hard-working and diligent, a man anyone could go to with a problem and be sure of a quick reply. 

I've had no problem giving him my number one for a few past elections and I'll probably do the same, all going well, next time around.

However, I'm glad he didn't win  the last leadership push as I think he'd be out of his depth if he ever became Taoiseach.

The way Enda tied him. Shatter, Coveney and the rest of the rebels up in knots  is the reason why I say this.

The best and brightest of what FG had to offer were shown up to be incompetent gobshites. If ever there was an instance of pushing an open door this was it. The softest thing about Enda is his teeth, as poor Richard found out to his cost.     
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hardy

Rossfan

Bruton mustn't be too popular with the grass roots blue shirts or was there a set up ?
As for the next General Election.... I presume most of the "middle income" people will be voting FG as they will be getting more take home pay and quite frankly they have no alternative.
Ogle still trying to get a " left wing alliance" going but with Mary Lou sticking her nose in it will either be hijacked by SF or sidelined by them.No matter - they will always be in opposition anyway.
FF - I wonder will the Builders and Auctioneers even vote for them next time?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2015, 12:02:37 AM
Bruton mustn't be too popular with the grass roots blue shirts or was there a set up ?

it was a set up. FG HQ ordered that two candidates be nominated, including one woman, but the former Lord Mayor guy was popular. So he persuaded people to vote for him and the token woman, on the basis that FG HQ would then have to add Bruton to the ticket, which is exactly what happened.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

foxcommander

What a bargain.
All those teachers in government but maths ain't their strong suit

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-abolish-cost-2074008-Apr2015/

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on May 06, 2015, 02:27:45 PM
What a bargain.
All those teachers in government but maths ain't their strong suit

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-abolish-cost-2074008-Apr2015/
Can you explain what's wrong with the maths, and what the correct figure should be?

foxcommander