The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/dukes-contradicts-noonan-s-d%C3%A1il-account-about-siteserv-1.2185503

i hope all u folk that want water charges are happy that O'Brien got 100m written off the Siteserve debt and was immediately awarded the lucrative meter installation contract. There are rumours that the contracts were awarded to the newly formed company (GMC Sierra) on the exact same day that it became a company. The turnaround between application and approval was conveniently rushed. 5m kicked back to shareholders whose shares were pretty much worthless (Equity holders (Board of Directors) were placed ahead of debt (Irish Taxpayers) in the creditors list which is unheard of). IBRC as the so called representatives for the Irish Taxpayers had little or no input in the negotiations. Potentially higher bids were ignored. Board of directors acted on behalf of the Irish tax payers and awarded themselves 5m and left the taxpayer to swing for 100m . Solicitors for the purchaser and seller were the same law firm. Again O Brien is not the real culprit here, he just took advantage of the situation. He was informed all the way by insiders who were supposed to be acting in the best interests of the taxpayer. Best little country to do business in, indeed Edna, indeed.

macdanger2

Quote from: mikehunt on April 23, 2015, 12:08:03 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/dukes-contradicts-noonan-s-d%C3%A1il-account-about-siteserv-1.2185503

i hope all u folk that want water charges are happy that O'Brien got 100m written off the Siteserve debt and was immediately awarded the lucrative meter installation contract. There are rumours that the contracts were awarded to the newly formed company (GMC Sierra) on the exact same day that it became a company. The turnaround between application and approval was conveniently rushed. 5m kicked back to shareholders whose shares were pretty much worthless (Equity holders (Board of Directors) were placed ahead of debt (Irish Taxpayers) in the creditors list which is unheard of). IBRC as the so called representatives for the Irish Taxpayers had little or no input in the negotiations. Potentially higher bids were ignored. Board of directors acted on behalf of the Irish tax payers and awarded themselves 5m and left the taxpayer to swing for 100m . Solicitors for the purchaser and seller were the same law firm. Again O Brien is not the real culprit here, he just took advantage of the situation. He was informed all the way by insiders who were supposed to be acting in the best interests of the taxpayer. Best little country to do business in, indeed Edna, indeed.

Rumours?? GMC Sierra a newly formed company?? According to their company website, they've been around a lot longer than that http://www.gmcirl.com/water/

There may well be a case to answer or it could be legit deal but clowns like you making up "rumours" to suit your agenda sickens my hole

weareros

Sierra part was formed in late 70s and of course most famous for sponsoring the All-Ireland Roscommon minor team in 2006.

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 23, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on April 23, 2015, 12:08:03 PM

Rumours?? GMC Sierra a newly formed company?? According to their company website, they've been around a lot longer than that http://www.gmcirl.com/water/

There may well be a case to answer or it could be legit deal but clowns like you making up "rumours" to suit your agenda sickens my hole

26th July 2013, Irish Water announced the appointment of GMC/Sierra as one of the main regional contractors engaged by Irish Water to manage the Meter installation Programme. BUT...GMC/Sierra (Company Number 530230) applied for registration as a NEW company with Denis O'Brien as a director on the 11th of July 2013.

macdanger2

So is this fact or rumour??

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 23, 2015, 03:33:50 PM

Companies Office is open to the public. Ull not take the word of a clown so off you pop and find out for ureself.

Diff registered addresses but at the same location.

1. GMC Group
GMC House
Millennium Business Park
Cappagh Road
Ballycoolin
Dublin 11
2. GMC GROUP,
GMC HOUSE,
MILLENIUM BUSINESS PARK,
BALLYCOOLIN,
DUBLIN 15
3. G.M.C. HOUSE
MILLENNIUM BUSINESS PARK
CAPPAGH ROAD
FINGLAS WEST
DUBLIN 11

macdanger2

Quote from: mikehunt on April 23, 2015, 03:48:48 PM

Companies Office is open to the public. Ull not take the word of a clown so off you pop and find out for ureself.

1. GMC Group
GMC House
Millennium Business Park
Cappagh Road
Ballycoolin
Dublin 11
2. GMC GROUP,
GMC HOUSE,
MILLENIUM BUSINESS PARK,
BALLYCOOLIN,
DUBLIN 15
3. G.M.C. HOUSE
MILLENNIUM BUSINESS PARK
CAPPAGH ROAD
FINGLAS WEST
DUBLIN 11

TBF, you're the one who said it was a rumour. Or is the rumour the piece about contracts being awarded on the day it was formed?

Either way, what's the implication of this? What exactly are you saying is wrong / illegal / whatever? GMC seem to be reputable company with some experience in this so they seem like a reasonable winner of the contract

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 23, 2015, 04:22:46 PM

1. GMC Group
GMC House
Millennium Business Park
Cappagh Road
Ballycoolin
Dublin 11
2. GMC GROUP,
GMC HOUSE,
MILLENIUM BUSINESS PARK,
BALLYCOOLIN,
DUBLIN 15
3. G.M.C. HOUSE
MILLENNIUM BUSINESS PARK
CAPPAGH ROAD
FINGLAS WEST
DUBLIN 11

TBF, you're the one who said it was a rumour. Or is the rumour the piece about contracts being awarded on the day it was formed?

Either way, what's the implication of this? What exactly are you saying is wrong / illegal / whatever? GMC seem to be reputable company with some experience in this so they seem like a reasonable winner of the contract

it stinks to high heaven yet u directed all ure ire towards something i labelled as a rumour and conveniently ignored the rest of my post. I didn't label it as fact because I can't prove it from where I'm sitting however the blame game and denials from Dukes, Kenny and Noonan would indicate something is up. just waiting for some new revelations about Sinn Fein to come up, possibly an arrest of an independant TD. Anything but the truth about how taxpayers money is being siphoned off to the rich, something i imagine doesn't sicken your precious hole.

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on April 23, 2015, 04:50:45 PM

1. GMC Group
GMC House
Millennium Business Park
Cappagh Road
Ballycoolin
Dublin 11
2. GMC GROUP,
GMC HOUSE,
MILLENIUM BUSINESS PARK,
BALLYCOOLIN,
DUBLIN 15
3. G.M.C. HOUSE
MILLENNIUM BUSINESS PARK
CAPPAGH ROAD
FINGLAS WEST
DUBLIN 11

it stinks to high heaven yet u directed all ure ire towards something i labelled as a rumour and conveniently ignored the rest of my post. I didn't label it as fact because I can't prove it from where I'm sitting however the blame game and denials from Dukes, Kenny and Noonan would indicate something is up. just waiting for some new revelations about Sinn Fein to come up, possibly an arrest of an independant TD. Anything but the truth about how taxpayers money is being siphoned off to the rich, something i imagine doesn't sicken your precious hole.

You know how hard is is to write off a 110 million debt?  ;D
Stroke of a pen

then I came across this nugget..guiding change...and who's this "us" he wants to enrich?

Farrandeelin

So the McDonald page has turned into a JOM blueshirt one. It's time for the political stuff to be in the General section. It appears the FG hierarchy are fearing for poor Johnno. To be honest, I don't think they'll get 3 seats in Mayo anyway. Ring to romp home, and Kenny limping home with Ring's transfers.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: mikehunt on April 23, 2015, 04:50:45 PM

I suspect I'm wasting my time here but anyway...........

You posted a link about the Siteserv story which definitely needs to be investigated to see whether it was legit or not.

Alongside this, you posted a that "There are rumours that the contracts were awarded to the newly formed company (GMC Sierra) on the exact same day that it became a company". Apart from Denis O'Brien being involved in both, how exactly are these stories related? It's simply a tactic by the anti-paying for water people to link two stories which have absolutely nothing in common. You're not even making any sort of allegations (other than "stinking to high heaven") in relation to the GMC/Sierra piece, just attempting to link it another story in the news. Obviously when you don't make a concrete allegation of wrongdoing then you're in the pretty safe position of having nothing to stand over

Out of interest, if there are three GMC-Sierra companies registered to the same address (one new and two pre-existing), do you know which of the three won the water meter installation contract??

mikehunt

yes u are wasting ure time. there are similarities between this and Esat. It should be at the very least investigated. Because there is previous with this carry on they will have covered their tracks well, they have plenty of practice. Then you can come back and say "see I told u so, nothing to see here, now move along"

Smokin Joe

Alan Dukes gave his side of the story on The Last Word this evening.  I'm sure you can listen back somehow; he was on at 5.15 (ie 45 mins into the program).

The most interesting bit was that he laid into the Senior Civil Servant in DoF and claimed that said civil servant wanted to be on the Board of IRBC so that he could railroad decisions at the Board Table.

foxcommander

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 24, 2015, 06:50:19 PM
Alan Dukes gave his side of the story on The Last Word this evening.  I'm sure you can listen back somehow; he was on at 5.15 (ie 45 mins into the program).

The most interesting bit was that he laid into the Senior Civil Servant in DoF and claimed that said civil servant wanted to be on the Board of IRBC so that he could railroad decisions at the Board Table.

The gravy train might have gone off the rails if that had happened....can't have that...
Well done Alan. Make sure you look after your buds.