The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 08, 2015, 07:12:09 AM
If only you knew the difference between "describe" and "pronounce". Otherwise, hilarious.

Tanks for the english lessun. I know what I said.... ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Lar Naparka

I received a very unusual phone call earlier today, presumably Irish Water had something to do with it but I can't be sure.

When the phone rang, I was busy so it took me a ten seconds or so to pick up the phone, switch it on and  then turn on the loudspeaker. It took another few seconds before I realized that I was listening to a recorded message.

Since I had missed the beginning of the recording it was hard to make out what was going on but it appeared that I was  being informed of the conditions under which the famous €100 water conservation grant would be paid. I   was quite busy at the time so I cut proceedings short and hung up.

I waited ten minutes or so and then attempted to ring back but nobody answered. There was no voice mail switchover either.

I tried a couple of times since then but the number is unattended.

Anyone received a similar call or have any notion of what's going on?

Incidentally, the number in question is 0851846813.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

That's probably Fox or Hunt or Lynch.....
Not an I W customer but believe we'll get the €100 as well so would love to know how it works.
Wonder will it be backdated to 1998  :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lynchbhoy

Ahh
Lazy underworked public sector layabouts looking for money for nothing as usual.  ::)

My hard earned tax money flittered away as expected!
I expect the same with my water tax payment!

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2015, 11:34:31 PM
Not an I W customer but believe we'll get the €100 as well so would love to know how it works.

You seem to keep reading my posts and mentioning me in yours...have you a secret crush?
...and I'm sure you won't see this post...*ahem*...

mikehunt

Quote from: foxcommander on April 13, 2015, 03:34:24 PM

You seem to keep reading my posts and mentioning me in yours...have you a secret crush?

He's been sending me sweet nothings by pm.  Im ignoring him though.

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on April 14, 2015, 02:39:52 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 13, 2015, 03:34:24 PM

He's been sending me sweet nothings by pm.  Im ignoring him though.

He's too cheap to use E-Harmony...

muppet

Jays they have been very tardy in doing anything useful, but this is a good idea, if it works: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/repeat-burglars-face-longer-jail-terms-under-new-plan-1.2176064

Minister for Justice Frances Fitzgerald is to introduce tough measures for repeat burglars including consecutive sentences and tougher bail restrictions.

Ms Fitzgerald is to bring a memo to Cabinet on Wednesday seeking a crackdown on repeat offenders. It is expected she will move to allow for consecutive sentencing at District Court level for the first time. Currently, those convicted of multiple offences can serve several sentences concurrently.

The Minister will also strengthen powers of judges to refuse bail to serial burglars. The new restrictions will apply to those who have two or more charges of burglary pending. This is expected to be the first in a series of measures to be announced between her department and the Garda.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on April 21, 2015, 06:22:50 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on April 21, 2015, 04:23:15 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/td-calls-for-inquiry-into-ibrc-s-sale-of-siteserv-to-denis-o-brien-1.2183766

What's new? And no point in conducting inquiries until there is an end result (i.e. jail time) for those found guilty.

Start with the end result, i.e. jail, and then have the enquiry. A good old fashioned (or more recently fashioned depending on your politics) kangaroo court.  ;D

The bizarre thing about that story is that the Dept. officials are calling on Dukes who was Chairman of IBRC, to conduct the Independent enquiry. That makes no sense at all.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on April 21, 2015, 06:57:43 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/td-calls-for-inquiry-into-ibrc-s-sale-of-siteserv-to-denis-o-brien-1.2183766

What's new? And no point in conducting inquiries until there is an end result (i.e. jail time) for those found guilty.

Start with the end result, i.e. jail, and then have the enquiry. A good old fashioned (or more recently fashioned depending on your politics) kangaroo court.  ;D

The bizarre thing about that story is that the Dept. officials are calling on Dukes who was Chairman of IBRC, to conduct the Independent enquiry. That makes no sense at all.
Dukes was actually a decent enough guy - but his own crew shafted him

however this is a severe conflict of interest and he shouldn't be party to this enquiry!

there will be no one jailed though. Having seen what happened with the lads let off a couple of months ago Fitzpatrick and co

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2015, 04:26:10 PM

however this is a severe conflict of interest and he shouldn't be party to this enquiry!

there will be no one jailed though. Having seen what happened with the lads let off a couple of months ago Fitzpatrick and co

Fitzpatrick's trial is only starting.

They badly need to get Drumm home to face charges as well.

I am curious though, with all this talk of jail regarding SiteServ, what is the crime? Or does that matter?
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on April 22, 2015, 04:53:36 PM

I am curious though, with all this talk of jail regarding SiteServ, what is the crime? Or does that matter?
Didn't Fitzpatrick and a couple of cohorts not get off late last year with some charges ( fraud?)
Maybe he has another case coming up.

But what's the point. I can't see him or drum being done. What they did was unethical rather than illegal given the lack of legal regulation around at the time

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2015, 05:44:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 22, 2015, 04:53:36 PM

Didn't Fitzpatrick and a couple of cohorts not get off late last year with some charges ( fraud?)
Maybe he has another case coming up.

But what's the point. I can't see him or drum being done. What they did was unethical rather than illegal given the lack of legal regulation around at the time

He wasn't part of it, it was some former directors of Anglo.

Here is his latest gig: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/seán-fitzpatrick-jurors-told-not-to-serve-if-they-had-bank-shares-1.2175370
MWWSI 2017