The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2015, 03:02:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2015, 02:58:41 PM
Hope he never needs an ambulance or an emergency operation anyday soon ..... or maybe....

There is a fundamental difference between hardworking frontline workers and pencil-pushing 'not my job' merchants.

Pens and pencils are long since obsolete ;).
Front line people won't do other people's jobs either and need back room staff too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lynchbhoy

Quote from: LeoMc on April 03, 2015, 01:43:40 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 02, 2015, 11:06:03 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on March 31, 2015, 04:59:07 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2015, 04:44:42 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 31, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 31, 2015, 03:10:45 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 31, 2015, 10:24:09 AM
What a reputable website

Imagine not issuing a tax clearance very to someone who hasn't paid their tax, those b**tards
Or expecting people to pay a tax associated with a house before they sell that house, pure madness

Of course people should pay their back taxes on property etc.
You're missing the point. Happy if your money can be removed without your consent?
It's already being mooted with water charges.
It's only going to affect you if you don't pay your bills.

If someone owed you money, would you keep giving them money every week/month if it was clear that they had no intention of returning the money they owed you?

So you are advocating that the government controls your money and can make deductions from your bank account as they see fit. They'll make sure they get their cut before you have a chance to feed your family.

You would be happy with that?
Unless I've misunderstood, they won't be going near your bank account. You'll be prevented from completing certain transactions (such as a property sale / vehicle sale) if you have not paid relevant charges or fines, and if you're someone who gets money from the government, you'll get that money net of what you owe. No one can go into your bank account.
Times like this I'm so glad I've blocked that Fox buck. If people could only stop quoting him now please  :D

ure ignoring anyone that disagrees with u Rossfan. like most things, i'm not sure u get the concept of a forum.
No point in talking to a lazy as public sector parasite!!

The country needs rid of the scourge of the taxpayer- those waste of good money throughout the civil service and public sector.
Money paid to these pen pushers and work avoiders is a scandal

Root and branch cull of these fcukwits needs to be done.
Might use the money to fix the leaky pipes!

Those let go won't be missed.
Was chatting to a 29 year veteran civil servant today . He was laughing at how he doesn't do anything productive and hasn't done for two decades. Reckons 75% of his dept are the same.
f**king disgrace. This isn't fg's fault but successive governments indulge and allow this.
Wasters like him and ros girl should be out on their ear!

So if the Right wing parties wont start up to the Unions what hope is there that any Left wing party (Labour, SF, etc) would?
Someone has to. The unions are actually useless for the workers they profess to stand up for.
Unions in this country are purely out for their self interest and self gains.

Proper performance managemt of these wasters and parasites like that rosshfan waster would kick out the dross, up performance and both save taxpayers money and ensure the public sector actually do some effective work for us!

The workers need to reform their unions. Compare the unions here to the likes of those in France or USA. Unions here are a disgrace. Bit like the public sector.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: gallsman on April 03, 2015, 03:17:02 PM
Lynchboy, are you not a massive Shinner? What do you think they're going to do about problematic public sectors north or south of the border?! Not a f**king thing, that's what.
I'm a republican not a shinner. Huge difference. While I know a good few shinners in the north, my voting allegiance was always FF here. In the last few years I have given my vote around to all parties as I saw fit - since ff imploded and local candidates are crap.
Sf in the south only have a handful of good candidates and I don't equate sf to the republican movement that I supported during the war times.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2015, 03:02:06 PM
Hope he never needs an ambulance or an emergency operation anyday soon ..... or maybe....

There is a fundamental difference between hardworking frontline workers and pencil-pushing 'not my job' merchants.
Spot on

But you will hear a whinge load of excuses for the huge over subscription and excess of useless back room staff that do nothing but drain the funds that would better serve front line services

Lar Naparka

What an ignorant hate filled rant by that yoke Lynchboy. Thankfully he's on my ignore list but occasionally it's good to see the likes of him quoted to see his true colours.
Why do people have to "stand up to the Unions".
Do ye yearn to go back to the 1930s again or what? I suppose some of ye shopped in Dunnes yesterday  :-[
I'm proud to say I joined one crew of picketers to support them for an hour.
Fair dues, Ross, you're on the money there. The  Dunne's dispute  is only the first of many that are coming down the line.   IT's the zero hour contracts and the minimum wage being the maximum wage in many quarters that is banjaxing  our economic recovery. 

Right now, you have an employers' market, lots less jobs than workers so unscrupulous employers are getting away with bloody blue murder. I know cases where workers, while being paid the minimum wage , are obliged to work extra hours without pay.  My son-in-law lives in Cavan. He got a job recently as a HGV driver and  was told the pay would be a straight  €350 into the hand.     

That was grand he thought until he found out that there would be no overtime, food or travelling allowances of any sort. So if his last run of the day takes him to Cork, say, he can either find accommodation there at his own expense or drive back to the yard in Dublin. Then he has to drive to Ballyconnell and be ready to return to the yard for 7.30 next morning. HIs boss told him to take it or leave it, there was a long queue waiting to take his place. He's by no means an exception to the general rule.

Given that there are lots of Irish workers who are unemployed due t the recession and there are even more non-nationals in competition for whatever work is going, hands a clear advantage to the employers.  Most of those who arrive here are desperate for work, any work and unsure of their legal rights so exploiting them is a relatively simple matter.

It's something Irish people have had plenty of experience of but there's a twist to the story in this case as the Irish were the exploited workers arriving in foreign places in the 60s and again in the 80s.

I'd go after the employers before I'd have a go at the public service personnel. For one thing, the majority of public service people are not particularly well-paid. The Croke Park Deal, followed by the Haddington Road Agreement saw to this.

Stick to yer guns, Ross and double damn the begrudgers! ;D

(Ps Good luck tomorrow.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Thanks Lar and a good post. That poor chap you mentioned probably isn't get PRSI paid for him either??
More bad news for the 3 bucks as I hear another poll shows support for your County's favourite party rising again. :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

give her dixie

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 04, 2015, 07:41:13 PM
What an ignorant hate filled rant by that yoke Lynchboy. Thankfully he's on my ignore list but occasionally it's good to see the likes of him quoted to see his true colours.
Do ye yearn to go back to the 1930s again or what? I suppose some of ye shopped in Dunnes yesterday  :-[
Fair dues, Ross, you're on the money there. The  Dunne's dispute  is only the first of many that are coming down the line.   IT's the zero hour contracts and the minimum wage being the maximum wage in many quarters that is banjaxing  our economic recovery. 

Right now, you have an employers' market, lots less jobs than workers so unscrupulous employers are getting away with bloody blue murder. I know cases where workers, while being paid the minimum wage , are obliged to work extra hours without pay.  My son-in-law lives in Cavan. He got a job recently as a HGV driver and  was told the pay would be a straight  €350 into the hand.     

That was grand he thought until he found out that there would be no overtime, food or travelling allowances of any sort. So if his last run of the day takes him to Cork, say, he can either find accommodation there at his own expense or drive back to the yard in Dublin. Then he has to drive to Ballyconnell and be ready to return to the yard for 7.30 next morning. HIs boss told him to take it or leave it, there was a long queue waiting to take his place. He's by no means an exception to the general rule.

Given that there are lots of Irish workers who are unemployed due t the recession and there are even more non-nationals in competition for whatever work is going, hands a clear advantage to the employers.  Most of those who arrive here are desperate for work, any work and unsure of their legal rights so exploiting them is a relatively simple matter.

It's something Irish people have had plenty of experience of but there's a twist to the story in this case as the Irish were the exploited workers arriving in foreign places in the 60s and again in the 80s.

I'd go after the employers before I'd have a go at the public service personnel. For one thing, the majority of public service people are not particularly well-paid. The Croke Park Deal, followed by the Haddington Road Agreement saw to this.

(Ps Good luck tomorrow.)

2 great posts folks.

I saw Christy Moore last night in Carrickmacross and he dedicated his 80's song Dunnes Stores to the workers striking on Thursday.
Fair play to him for continually sticking up for the average worker.

As a HGV driver, we are currently been screwed by our employers as they once paid us a decent wage due to the hours we worked
and the sacrifices we made for been away from home for long periods of time. Now they have the luxury of a EU work force and instead of wages going up, they have gone down. We earn less today than we did 20 years ago.

I don't blame the people filling the jobs, but rather the bosses who instead of looking to the long term, look to the short term
and ignore the reality that due to low wages we are not recruiting young people into the profession.

A quick look at HGV drivers on the road shows that hardly anyone under the age of 40 is entering the profession.

One thing the recession has taught us is that wages will remain low and anyone questioning the status quo will be easily replaced

Dunnes Stores by Christy Moore 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TER_M3KNVCE
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

mikehunt

Quote from: give her dixie on April 06, 2015, 01:44:56 AM

(Ps Good luck tomorrow.)

2 great posts folks.

I saw Christy Moore last night in Carrickmacross and he dedicated his 80's song Dunnes Stores to the workers striking on Thursday.

As a HGV driver, we are currently been screwed by our employers as they once paid us a decent wage due to the hours we worked
and the sacrifices we made for been away from home for long periods of time. Now they have the luxury of a EU work force and instead of wages going up, they have gone down. We earn less today than we did 20 years ago.

I don't blame the people filling the jobs, but rather the bosses who instead of looking to the long term, look to the short term
and ignore the reality that due to low wages we are not recruiting young people into the profession.

A quick look at HGV drivers on the road shows that hardly anyone under the age of 40 is entering the profession.

One thing the recession has taught us is that wages will remain low and anyone questioning the status quo will be easily replaced

One of the main problems with this country is that the govt are putting the interests of large corporations ahead of the interests of small and medium sized local businesses. They are also putting the interest of these corporations ahead of the country's citizens. Their refusal to tackle upwards only rent which is crippling local businesses along with their refusal to ensure Multi Nationals pay the extremely generous rate of 12.5% shows where their loyalties lie.

While you are on lower wages than you were 20 years ago and many have taken massive cuts over the last 7 years there are a few who have remained relatively untouched. These people are the same people who are making the decisions to hammer the same people over and over.

You will find the people who have little problem paying for all these new taxes are the people who have remained relatively untouched by the recession. They can afford it and attack those who cannot afford it by calling them the "we won't pay brigade" and lable them as "thugs" when they go out and protest.

Unions have been complicit in this by ensuring new entrants to the public service are earning far less than those lucky enough to be already there. A typical "I'm alright Jack" approach which is similar to those defending new taxes on this board. Their laughable attempts at trying to sympathise with the working class who are on minimum wage and work under conditions described above is cringeworthy.

A better way to improve the economy would be to bring public sector salaries more in line with the economic conditions we are in. They are not sustainable at their current rate. This obviously won't happen as it would be the right thing to do but no one has the bottle to tackle it. Instead they continue to hammer the same people over and over and over.

gallsman

As you well know, they aren't labeled as thugs for protesting. They're labeled as thugs for carrying on like savages at some of their protests.

mikehunt

Quote from: gallsman on April 06, 2015, 10:50:31 AM
As you well know, they aren't labeled as thugs for protesting. They're labeled as thugs for carrying on like savages at some of their protests.

I'd hardly call shouting obsceneties and throwing water balloons thuggish behaviour but each to their own I suppose? What would you call those that protest by way of burning, looting, attacking police? Water protests in Ireland have been peaceful. Only bit of violence I remember was when the guards tried to smash a woman up against a bollard.

I've called referees all sorts of names over the years and I think i used to throw water ballons at halloween. Guess I'm a savage in your eyes too?

gallsman

Quote from: mikehunt on April 06, 2015, 12:09:25 PM

I'd hardly call shouting obsceneties and throwing water balloons thuggish behaviour but each to their own I suppose? What would you call those that protest by way of burning, looting, attacking police? Water protests in Ireland have been peaceful. Only bit of violence I remember was when the guards tried to smash a woman up against a bollard.

I've called referees all sorts of names over the years and I think i used to throw water ballons at halloween. Guess I'm a savage in your eyes too?

You wouldn't call barracking middle aged women acting like a savage? Says a lot about you.

mikehunt

Quote from: gallsman on April 06, 2015, 12:13:33 PM

You wouldn't call barracking middle aged women acting like a savage? Says a lot about you.

Answer my question? Would you conside me a savage for swearing at ref's (usually balding middle aged men) and throwing water balloons?

give her dixie

Quote from: mikehunt on April 06, 2015, 09:55:19 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on April 06, 2015, 01:44:56 AM

(Ps Good luck tomorrow.)

2 great posts folks.

One of the main problems with this country is that the govt are putting the interests of large corporations ahead of the interests of small and medium sized local businesses. They are also putting the interest of these corporations ahead of the country's citizens. Their refusal to tackle upwards only rent which is crippling local businesses along with their refusal to ensure Multi Nationals pay the extremely generous rate of 12.5% shows where their loyalties lie.

While you are on lower wages than you were 20 years ago and many have taken massive cuts over the last 7 years there are a few who have remained relatively untouched. These people are the same people who are making the decisions to hammer the same people over and over.

You will find the people who have little problem paying for all these new taxes are the people who have remained relatively untouched by the recession. They can afford it and attack those who cannot afford it by calling them the "we won't pay brigade" and lable them as "thugs" when they go out and protest.

Unions have been complicit in this by ensuring new entrants to the public service are earning far less than those lucky enough to be already there. A typical "I'm alright Jack" approach which is similar to those defending new taxes on this board. Their laughable attempts at trying to sympathise with the working class who are on minimum wage and work under conditions described above is cringeworthy.

A better way to improve the economy would be to bring public sector salaries more in line with the economic conditions we are in. They are not sustainable at their current rate. This obviously won't happen as it would be the right thing to do but no one has the bottle to tackle it. Instead they continue to hammer the same people over and over and over.

Indeed. Currently here in the North our politicians, driven by Sinn Fein and the DUP, are cutting 20,000 Public sector jobs
in order to cut Corporation tax from 21% to 12.5%. Who does this tax break help? It sure isn't the ordinary worker.

Only a few weeks ago, Gerry Adams was visited by US donors and business reps. He had this to say

"We are very good for business, we are pro-business."

"We can't be getting support from US businesses on the one hand and then be bad for business on the other."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-fein-is-good-for-business-adams-reassures-america-31047877.html

While big companies fund our political parties, it is us the average Joe who vote for them. It is us they should answer to, not the global corporate elite who fund them. As the saying goes, He who pays the piper calls the tune.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Maguire01

By grown men and women? Probably. (The comparison to children throwing water balloons is totally disindisingenuous.)

armaghniac

Quote from: give her dixie on April 06, 2015, 01:02:06 PM

Indeed. Currently here in the North our politicians, driven by Sinn Fein and the DUP, are cutting 20,000 Public sector jobs
in order to cut Corporation tax from 21% to 12.5%. Who does this tax break help? It sure isn't the ordinary worker.

The idea is to have people work for a corporation attracted by a similar tax rate to the 26 counties, rather than being a burden on the taxpayer. Now, you can say that this will not happen, but if no companies come to the North then no tax will be lost. Perhaps the only missing ingredient is some minimum job creation requirement.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B