The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: mikehunt on March 31, 2015, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 31, 2015, 03:26:03 PM
In fact Id go as far ask charging extra to pay for the admin of having to do this

ah now, jays if they started charging for the admin there'd be nothing left of the poor sods wages. can u imagine how much those beauts in the public service would charge?

If only there was a clever way for people to avoid this admin charge....
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2015, 04:44:42 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 31, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 31, 2015, 03:10:45 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 31, 2015, 10:24:09 AM
What a reputable website

Imagine not issuing a tax clearance very to someone who hasn't paid their tax, those b**tards
Or expecting people to pay a tax associated with a house before they sell that house, pure madness

Of course people should pay their back taxes on property etc.
You're missing the point. Happy if your money can be removed without your consent?
It's already being mooted with water charges.
It's only going to affect you if you don't pay your bills.

If someone owed you money, would you keep giving them money every week/month if it was clear that they had no intention of returning the money they owed you?

So you are advocating that the government controls your money and can make deductions from your bank account as they see fit. They'll make sure they get their cut before you have a chance to feed your family.

You would be happy with that?
Unless I've misunderstood, they won't be going near your bank account. You'll be prevented from completing certain transactions (such as a property sale / vehicle sale) if you have not paid relevant charges or fines, and if you're someone who gets money from the government, you'll get that money net of what you owe. No one can go into your bank account.
Times like this I'm so glad I've blocked that Fox buck. If people could only stop quoting him now please  :D

ure ignoring anyone that disagrees with u Rossfan. like most things, i'm not sure u get the concept of a forum.

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
What a reputable website 😒

Imagine not issuing a tax clearance very to someone who hasn't paid their tax, those b**tards
Or expecting people to pay a tax associated with a house before they sell that house, pure madness

You're missing the point. Happy if your money can be removed without your consent?

If someone owed you money, would you keep giving them money every week/month if it was clear that they had no intention of returning the money they owed you?

So you are advocating that the government controls your money and can make deductions from your bank account as they see fit. They'll make sure they get their cut before you have a chance to feed your family.

Unless I've misunderstood, they won't be going near your bank account. You'll be prevented from completing certain transactions (such as a property sale / vehicle sale) if you have not paid relevant charges or fines, and if you're someone who gets money from the government, you'll get that money net of what you owe. No one can go into your bank account.

Remove the phrase "bank account and" substitute with "Wages or welfare payments". Most people have nothing in their bank accounts anyway.

Does that still make it right?
It's not ideal, but what's the alternative if people refuse to pay? Just let them avoid paying? Let those who do pay subsidise them?

foxcommander

What a reputable website

Times like this I'm so glad I've blocked that Fox buck. If people could only stop quoting him now please  :D

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 31, 2015, 05:57:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
What a reputable website 😒

Remove the phrase "bank account and" substitute with "Wages or welfare payments". Most people have nothing in their bank accounts anyway.

Does that still make it right?
It's not ideal, but what's the alternative if people refuse to pay? Just let them avoid paying? Let those who do pay subsidise them?

My first thought on it is to make sure that people have enough to live on without the greedy pigs at the top forcing untold misery on the vunerable. A few unfortunate events in your life could mean that you at the receiving end of this too.

Paying fairly for "taxes" that are fair is one thing...making them up and imposing them is another, especially when austerity measures don't seem to apply for those creating these new rules or for their buddies.

What about all the companies that had multi-million debts but walked away to start over..

seems like going for the small fish is the approach.

gallsman

Can't find the Irish Water thread so will put this here. Heard on the radio on the way home tonight that in order claim the water conservation grant, a second registration with Department of Social Protection will be required, the administration of which could cost north of €3m. A right pig's ear.

foxcommander

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 10:17:10 PM
Can't find the Irish Water thread so will put this here. Heard on the radio on the way home tonight that in order claim the water conservation grant, a second registration with Dissident of Social Protection will be required, the administration of which could cost north of €3m. A right pig's ear.

Quango within a Quango....

You can't have faith in these clowns to do anything right.

mikehunt

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 10:17:10 PM
Can't find the Irish Water thread so will put this here. Heard on the radio on the way home tonight that in order claim the water conservation grant, a second registration with Dissident of Social Protection will be required, the administration of which could cost north of €3m. A right pig's ear.

Wonder is the bonus included in that figure? dunno is 3m enough to grease those gravy train wheels.

Rossfan

More bad news for the 3 stooges - €197m surplus in the Public Finances in first Quarter.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mikehunt on March 31, 2015, 04:59:07 PM
What a reputable website

ure ignoring anyone that disagrees with u Rossfan. like most things, i'm not sure u get the concept of a forum.
No point in talking to a lazy as public sector parasite!!

The country needs rid of the scourge of the taxpayer- those waste of good money throughout the civil service and public sector.
Money paid to these pen pushers and work avoiders is a scandal

Root and branch cull of these fcukwits needs to be done.
Might use the money to fix the leaky pipes!

Those let go won't be missed.
Was chatting to a 29 year veteran civil servant today . He was laughing at how he doesn't do anything productive and hasn't done for two decades. Reckons 75% of his dept are the same.
f**king disgrace. This isn't fg's fault but successive governments indulge and allow this.
Wasters like him and ros girl should be out on their ear!

LeoMc

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 02, 2015, 11:06:03 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on March 31, 2015, 04:59:07 PM
What a reputable website

No point in talking to a lazy as public sector parasite!!

The country needs rid of the scourge of the taxpayer- those waste of good money throughout the civil service and public sector.
Money paid to these pen pushers and work avoiders is a scandal

Root and branch cull of these fcukwits needs to be done.
Might use the money to fix the leaky pipes!

Those let go won't be missed.
Was chatting to a 29 year veteran civil servant today . He was laughing at how he doesn't do anything productive and hasn't done for two decades. Reckons 75% of his dept are the same.
f**king disgrace. This isn't fg's fault but successive governments indulge and allow this.
Wasters like him and ros girl should be out on their ear!

So if the Right wing parties wont start up to the Unions what hope is there that any Left wing party (Labour, SF, etc) would?

Rossfan

What an ignorant hate filled rant by that yoke Lynchboy. Thankfully he's on my ignore list but occasionally it's good to see the likes of him quoted to see his true colours.
Hope he never needs an ambulance or an emergency operation anyday soon ..... or maybe....
Why do people have to "stand up to the Unions".
Do ye yearn to go back to the 1930s again or what? I suppose some of ye shopped in Dunnes yesterday  :-[
I'm proud to say I joined one crew of picketers to support them for an hour.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2015, 02:58:41 PM
Hope he never needs an ambulance or an emergency operation anyday soon ..... or maybe....

There is a fundamental difference between hardworking frontline workers and pencil-pushing 'not my job' merchants.

johnneycool

Whats the story with Enda, Mick Wallace and the senior Garda from the 'athlone' area who recently got a promotion even when there's a few disciplinary hearings against him?
Caught a bit of Vincent Brown the other night and it did look like Enda had something to hide the way he responded to Wallaces questions on it in the Daíl.

gallsman

Lynchboy, are you not a massive Shinner? What do you think they're going to do about problematic public sectors north or south of the border?! Not a f**king thing, that's what.