Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on February 23, 2015, 09:00:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2015, 08:34:18 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 23, 2015, 08:30:43 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2015, 08:09:11 PM

FG and Labour now have the fastest growing economy in Europe

Yet hospitals are stacked with people on trolleys and child poverty has doubled since 2008

What a success! I'm so proud to be irish.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/government-failed-to-protect-irelands-children-from-poverty-childrens-rights-alliance-31015719.html

Wow. They gave the Government two grade As and an overall grade C. I wouldn't be that generous.

But Foxy I am guessing you didn't read the article to the end.  ;D

Boosting literacy has f all to do with FG. Putting money into new schools however is welcome.
If you think a overall C rating is something to boast about then go ahead. The biggest non-fictional stat is the one to focus on.

I didn't give them a C. You didn't read the full article and you didn't read my post either.

You probably haven't.....read sausages, burgers, chips and cold beer on ice, every hour. Hmmmm.
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 23, 2015, 07:46:58 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on February 20, 2015, 11:15:46 AM
I wouldn't be a fan of Murphy and would never vote for him however he was elected on the back of the Water Charges. He is doing what the people asked him to do unlike the majority of politicians. Their ideas for the economy are a bit far fetched but Joe Higgins does make some fair points on how the money could be raised. Just because they can talk nonsense some of the time doesn't mean they don't have good ideas.
A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Which would be two nil to the clock when up against you and you're "shir it'll do and stop yere complaining"

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2015, 09:26:52 PM

Yet hospitals are stacked with people on trolleys and child poverty has doubled since 2008

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/government-failed-to-protect-irelands-children-from-poverty-childrens-rights-alliance-31015719.html

Wow. They gave the Government two grade As and an overall grade C. I wouldn't be that generous.

Boosting literacy has f all to do with FG. Putting money into new schools however is welcome.
If you think a overall C rating is something to boast about then go ahead. The biggest non-fictional stat is the one to focus on.

I didn't give them a C. You didn't read the full article and you didn't read my post either.

You probably haven't.....read sausages, burgers, chips and cold beer on ice, every hour. Hmmmm.

Can you just put "I'm intellectually and morally superior to everyone" on all your posts?

Maguire01

Quote from: mikehunt on February 23, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
I wouldn't be a fan of Murphy and would never vote for him however he was elected on the back of the Water Charges. He is doing what the people asked him to do unlike the majority of politicians. Their ideas for the economy are a bit far fetched but Joe Higgins does make some fair points on how the money could be raised. Just because they can talk nonsense some of the time doesn't mean they don't have good ideas.

Which would be two nil to the clock when up against you and you're "shir it'll do and stop yere complaining"
You want to tell us how you'd introduce competition for water?

muppet

Quote from: mikehunt on February 23, 2015, 09:38:43 PM

Can you just put "I'm intellectually and morally superior to everyone" on all your posts?

That about sums up your contribution to this thread alright.
MWWSI 2017

StephenC

However, well placed sources said Derek Byrne, Paul Moore and Damien O'Neill had taken full meals in prison on Monday. They had breakfast in the morning, followed by lunch just after midday and a cooked tea in the evening, before being locked in their cells for the night.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/jailed-water-charges-protesters-abandon-hunger-strike-1.2114548?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Kidder81

Quote from: StephenC on February 23, 2015, 10:12:13 PM
However, well placed sources said Derek Byrne, Paul Moore and Damien O'Neill had taken full meals in prison on Monday. They had breakfast in the morning, followed by lunch just after midday and a cooked tea in the evening, before being locked in their cells for the night.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/jailed-water-charges-protesters-abandon-hunger-strike-1.2114548?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Jamie Bryson giving tips on hunger striking ?

Rossfan

Breakfast in the morning followed by a four hour hunger strike......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

I'd say they are on hunger strike now and at least for another 5 hours.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

foxcommander

you didn't read my post either.

I value your opinion ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Here's a caption competition for you muppet

Templemore's finest keep watch as Fine Gael use their new minions to dig up old election promises...
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on February 24, 2015, 03:39:12 AM
Here's a caption competition for you muppet

Templemore's finest keep watch as Fine Gael use their new minions to dig up old election promises...

Ironically that is one of the 2011 promises they kept. They said they would introduce water charges, but then they didn't have a choice either way.

But carry on beating your head off the ground and calling it a wall.

MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 23, 2015, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on February 23, 2015, 09:33:31 PM

You want to tell us how you'd introduce competition for water?

To not have competition in a privatised situation would result in a monopoly, making competition necessary, not impossible as u suggest.

armaghniac

Quote from: mikehunt on February 24, 2015, 11:00:13 AM
To not have competition in a privatised situation would result in a monopoly, making competition necessary, not impossible as u suggest.

Competition would be great, you could pay a premium and get Ballygowan out of your tap while your neighbours would still have the plain old tap water.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: StephenC on February 23, 2015, 10:12:13 PM

Conor Lallys tongue was firmly routed to his cheek with this one:

Mr Byrne's partner Siobhán Walsh said on Monday she was "worried sick" about the men being on hunger strike. However, Ms Walsh believed Mr Byrne would persist with his plans unless his "political" transfer to Wheatfield was reversed.
"Derek is a very strong-minded person and if he decides to do something then that's what he will do," she said.
Ms Walsh was speaking before it emerged the men were taking meals.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me