The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: foxcommander on February 23, 2015, 02:06:51 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 22, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
I watched the FG Ard-Fheis... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\

I nearly choked when he rolled out the 5 point plan again. ::) >:(

Telling the same lies again in the hope that people will vote them back in. Everything in that speech is geared towards re-election of their party. As was pointed out by Rabbitte lies are what you tell at election time. Enda has had plenty of time to remediate a number of the items he now promises to fix.
The 5 point plan being regurgitated is particularly galling considering they did not achieve it.
Are we still talking about broadband??
The era of new taxes and charges are over. That's because apart from Oxygen there is nothing left to tax?

I mean you could pick holes in the speech all you want but the short of it is that they just want to stay on the gravy train. Scaremongering about not voting them back is pretty cheap. It's up to the others to show there is an alternative. To be fair a fukking rotting cabbage would do a better job than the ministers and teeshock.

Look personally I am no fan of the Blueshirts but am left wing in politics with a tenuous grá for a Labour. At the end of the day unemployment has fallen from 15% and will likely be under 10% before their term is up. We have the highest growth in Europe.  Our tourism industry is on fire. New beef markets have been opened in US and China. There's social programs we'd never see under FF: Gay marriage. Enda for all his faults and despite his own conservative Catholicism had stood up to Catholic Church something we've never seen from FF or Sinn Fein. We've seen a lot of new investment in the country. In contrast, in NI where Sinn Fein and DUP rule the roost we see nothing but a civil service society. It's actually a place where water meters are being set in place but won't be used. I mean Lord Jaysus but that takes the biscuit altogether. They fair play to you for watching that shite and providing us with updates.

Hardy

I see Adams threw another gaffebomb into the middle of his own party's election campaign yesterday. FG couldn't have paid for better PR than choosing the occasion of their razzmatazz and the media buzz about Kenny's list of coalition achievements to remind the electorate that the next election is a choice between SF and FG. That must have had them high-fiving in Castlebar.

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on February 23, 2015, 02:06:51 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 22, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
I watched the FG Ard-Fheis... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\

I nearly choked when he rolled out the 5 point plan again. ::) >:(

Telling the same lies again in the hope that people will vote them back in. Everything in that speech is geared towards re-election of their party. As was pointed out by Rabbitte lies are what you tell at election time. Enda has had plenty of time to remediate a number of the items he now promises to fix.
The 5 point plan being regurgitated is particularly galling considering they did not achieve it.
Are we still talking about broadband??
The era of new taxes and charges are over. That's because apart from Oxygen there is nothing left to tax?

I mean you could pick holes in the speech all you want but the short of it is that they just want to stay on the gravy train. Scaremongering about not voting them back is pretty cheap. It's up to the others to show there is an alternative. To be fair a fukking rotting cabbage would do a better job than the ministers and teeshock.

I knew you watched it.  ;D Probably a number of times. It is important to be able to quote from these things when you are a lackey of another party.

The rest of society has better things to be doing than watch an Árd Fheis.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Party leader says things that will appeal to their own supporters shock!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Canalman

Quote from: Hardy on February 23, 2015, 08:22:04 AM
I see Adams threw another gaffebomb into the middle of his own party's election campaign yesterday. FG couldn't have paid for better PR than choosing the occasion of their razzmatazz and the media buzz about Kenny's list of coalition achievements to remind the electorate that the next election is a choice between SF and FG. That must have had them high-fiving in Castlebar.

Fine Gael have been peddling this line for months now. Us v Sinn Féin.

Reckon we may have two quick GEs one after another.

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on February 23, 2015, 12:48:08 PM

Yip in 1981 we had three in on year. We could be going down that road again.

The new Greek leadership has fairly backtracked on its election promises. From demanding an end to the Troika bailout, it has merely got a bridging loan and bought time. But nothing has been reduced. They will end up doing what we did and getting lower interest rates I'd say. That's about it.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Real world vs election rhetoric..... Only one winner.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2015, 12:52:00 PM

The new Greek leadership has fairly backtracked on its election promises. From demanding an end to the Troika bailout, it has merely got a bridging loan and bought time. But nothing has been reduced. They will end up doing what we did and getting lower interest rates I'd say. That's about it.
If the electorate reject FG it'll be because of the 2010 bailout and follow up-  "for what we have failed to do"
especially if the Troika give in a start writing off debt.
And if that happens Ireland will be politically rudderless because the other stalwart party is still suffering from that bailout and there is no coherence to the indos. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2015, 01:04:10 PM

If the electorate reject FG it'll be because of the 2010 bailout and follow up-  "for what we have failed to do"
And if that happens Ireland will be politically rudderless because the other stalwart party is still suffering from that bailout and there is no coherence to the indos.

I agree to a point, but to put FG in again would send the wrong message. At times they have been competent and many other times they have been poor. But to reward them with another 5 years is not a good idea no matter which way you look at it. This is one of the big mistakes we made with FF.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2015, 02:36:58 PM
I agree to a point, but to put FG in again would send the wrong message. At times they have been competent and many other times they have been poor. But to reward them with another 5 years is not a good idea no matter which way you look at it. This is one of the big mistakes we made with FF.

But unless FF reach some reasonable size, there is no credible alternative government.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2015, 01:04:10 PM

That is not too far off Greece, Muppet. Pasok as FF and New Democracy as FG with the indos as Syriza, without the organisation

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2015, 02:58:11 PM

But unless FF reach some reasonable size, there is no credible alternative government.

I know. It is a terrible state of affairs tbh.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2015, 03:55:04 PM

Even if they did reach some reasonable size they wouldn't be credible.
Economic crises are very hard on political parties.

foxcommander

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2015, 04:01:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2015, 03:55:04 PM

Even if they did reach some reasonable size they wouldn't be credible.
Economic crises are very hard on political parties.

Short memories lads??
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie