The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: mikehunt on February 20, 2015, 06:44:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2015, 06:41:46 PM
Ye're well down on that figure now bucks. Only a few extremists blocking traffic now.
By the way at least 900,000 marched against PAYE in 1979. It's still there.

You have a fetish for taxes?

I can see your point when you criticize Irish water as yet another semi-state quango but I find your support for these militant protesters puzzling. Surely you realize that their reasons for opposing Irish water are ideologically the polar opposite of your reasons for opposing it ? If you want to understand what I mean just bring your proposal to privatize Irish water to the protesters and see what their response will be. You will probably be lynched.

One of the most disturbing things about politics today is the seeming convergence of the far left and the far right.  It is getting very bizarre.     

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on February 21, 2015, 09:11:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2015, 08:07:18 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 21, 2015, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2015, 07:55:10 PM
Tell us Foxy and Mike does you support of 'the right to protest' extend to this man: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/willie-frazer-plans-loyalist-dublin-march-during-february-1.2092936

Let him march. Funnily enough the police will try uphold his rights to do so.
If they didn't guarantee his rights to do so he wouldn't march in the first place.

Any comment on Fine Gael weekend or are you too busy kissing the TV when Enda is on?
inspiring stuff.

So Frazer wouldn't take to the streets of Dublin without permission. What a novel idea.

As for the Ard Fheis, I wouldn't even know it was on if you weren't publicising it so much. I wouldn't watch anyone's Ard Fheis if I was paid a fortune. Party gombeens cheering other party gombeens every slobbering syllable. Nope, I'll leave that to you.

You missed my point. he could take to the streets without permission if he likes. Let him see how far he gets down the road.

You proved my point. Evidently you would support those who would attack him and his right to protest.
sorry if I took your attention away from your glorious leaders speech......Didn't know it was on indeed..... Same ol sneaky fine gaelers...

Why do you keep talking about the Ard Fheis? Only the most loyal of party lickspittles watch such tedious, diabolically acted, poorly scripted, pseudo-religious, brainless tripe for more than a minute. Oh and of course lickspittles from other parties.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 21, 2015, 09:45:42 PM

One of the most disturbing things about politics today is the seeming convergence of the far left and the far right.  It is getting very bizarre.   

Bit like the Stalin/Hitler pact.
The decent majority are the Poles now.
Hope those extremists in jail are left to their hunger and thirst strike and totally ignored.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2015, 10:11:50 PM
Tell us Foxy and Mike does you support of 'the right to protest' extend to this man: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/willie-frazer-plans-loyalist-dublin-march-during-february-1.2092936

If they didn't guarantee his rights to do so he wouldn't march in the first place.

Any comment on Fine Gael weekend or are you too busy kissing the TV when Enda is on?
inspiring stuff.

So Frazer wouldn't take to the streets of Dublin without permission. What a novel idea.

As for the Ard Fheis, I wouldn't even know it was on if you weren't publicising it so much. I wouldn't watch anyone's Ard Fheis if I was paid a fortune. Party gombeens cheering other party gombeens every slobbering syllable. Nope, I'll leave that to you.

You missed my point. he could take to the streets without permission if he likes. Let him see how far he gets down the road.

You proved my point. Evidently you would support those who would attack him and his right to protest.
sorry if I took your attention away from your glorious leaders speech......Didn't know it was on indeed..... Same ol sneaky fine gaelers...

Why do you keep talking about the Ard Fheis? Only the most loyal of party lickspittles watch such tedious, diabolically acted, poorly scripted, pseudo-religious, brainless tripe for more than a minute. Oh and of course lickspittles from other parties.

Oh come on...Enda is your party leader. I thought you'd be picking up tips....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on February 21, 2015, 11:13:59 PM

inspiring stuff.

You are still talking of 'party' and 'leader'.

Why not turn off the tv and open your mind to the great big world out there?
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2015, 11:30:22 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 21, 2015, 11:13:59 PM

inspiring stuff.

You are still talking of 'party' and 'leader'.

In fairness muppet
Inda did say .....

lynchbhoy

Are you lads inda/fine Gael/blueshirts lackeys or are you progressive individuals ??

foxcommander

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 22, 2015, 02:40:50 AM
Are you lads inda/fine Gael/blueshirts lackeys or are you progressive individuals ??

As you can tell I'm a dyed in the wool west brit blueshirt LOL! Just like my pal Muppet.
Come on Enda you genius....

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2015, 11:30:22 PM

An open mind in Ireland isn't tolerated anymore. Especially if you pay attention to the spin the media give you.

One of us...one of us.....

foxcommander

Another gem from the conference, this time spoken by Varadkar - "a true patriot like our Taoiseach"

pass the sick bag.

Rossfan

You seem to be the only one here who watched the FG thingy.
You seem obsessed with it all.
Everyone, except you and your possible alter ego mikehunt, knows Political party love ins
are painful sickening arse licking extravaganzas.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Some of the lads here obviously on the sauce all night celebration with FG in Castlebar.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

I watched the FG Ard-Fheis... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\

I nearly choked when he rolled out the 5 point plan again. ::) >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 21, 2015, 09:45:42 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on February 20, 2015, 06:44:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2015, 06:41:46 PM
Ye're well down on that figure now bucks. Only a few extremists blocking traffic now.
By the way at least 900,000 marched against PAYE in 1979. It's still there.

You have a fetish for taxes?

I can see your point when you criticize Irish water as yet another semi-state quango but I find your support for these militant protesters puzzling. Surely you realize that their reasons for opposing Irish water are ideologically the polar opposite of your reasons for opposing it ? If you want to understand what I mean just bring your proposal to privatize Irish water to the protesters and see what their response will be. You will probably be lynched.

You are prob correct about the demonstrators disagreeing with privatization of water
But I'm not sure if that would be the way.
Semi state which you'd hope would allow a gov to regulate and control it if necessary

I'm not in favour of a quango and the civil service personnel and structure/pay/bonuses etc

But a proper structure, fair charges etc should be introduced AFTER the overhaul of public sector, quangos and other taxation that are not paying for the started intentions

If this leaves a shortfall of tax , then raise it by going after those avoiding it and while this affects myself, raise the tax rates of those that can afford it.

Then water charges will be correct - while some still might not be happy with water charges, most will see they are paying less and are no worse off .
IMO
But this is too much for the gov and politicians to craft. Plus public sector/civil service would never have it!

foxcommander

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 22, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
I watched the FG Ard-Fheis... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\

I nearly choked when he rolled out the 5 point plan again. ::) >:(

Telling the same lies again in the hope that people will vote them back in. Everything in that speech is geared towards re-election of their party. As was pointed out by Rabbitte lies are what you tell at election time. Enda has had plenty of time to remediate a number of the items he now promises to fix.
The 5 point plan being regurgitated is particularly galling considering they did not achieve it.
Are we still talking about broadband??
The era of new taxes and charges are over. That's because apart from Oxygen there is nothing left to tax?

I mean you could pick holes in the speech all you want but the short of it is that they just want to stay on the gravy train. Scaremongering about not voting them back is pretty cheap. It's up to the others to show there is an alternative. To be fair a fukking rotting cabbage would do a better job than the ministers and teeshock.