The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I can't figure out if this is a pisstake or not. They are getting a month, or 2 months for contempt of court, which may or may not be harsh as I don't know the circumstances but some of the report made me think this was all a joke or something.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/five-water-charge-protesters-jailed-amid-chaotic-scenes-in-court-31005859.html
1 - One of them has a cap on in the photo that says Je Suis Derek, a lá Je Suis Charlie. Really?

2 - The same guy addressed a crowd of about 50 before the sentencing hearing and said ""Now, I don't want to see any tears,". WTF? Did he think he was going to be sentenced to hang or something?

3 - The reply made me smile though, "You won't see tears, you'll see cheers," someone replied.

4 - One of the defendants wasn't in court because "All were in court apart from Mr Batty who, the court was told, needed to be in a dry and sunny climate due to chronic asthma." Although presumably he was okay to be in Ireland and out hassling the water workers.

I think this whole water charges thing has been handled dreadfully, but I don't think these guys do the anti-charge brigade any favours.

Denn Forever

I know Dessie Farrall wants to increase the Profile of the GPA but getting arrested is a bit much.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mikehunt

Jailing people for protesting just shows the depths this country has plunged. A sad day for the Republic and just as well the Blueshirts will be gone when the 1916 commemoration comes around.

Hardy

Who was jailed for protesting? I missed that news.

Rossfan

Attacking workers going about their jobs on a public footpath isn't "protesting".
It's criminal thuggery and jail is the appropriate place for them.
I suppose mikehunt hopes a SF/loonyleftloolah Government will be in power in April 16.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on February 19, 2015, 05:01:43 PM
Who was jailed for protesting? I missed that news.

Hopefully that knob Murphy.
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2015, 05:44:25 PM
Attacking workers going about their jobs on a public footpath isn't "protesting".
I suppose mikehunt hopes a SF/loonyleftloolah Government will be in power in April 16.

Would you support workers crossing a picket line?

muppet

Quote from: mikehunt on February 19, 2015, 06:17:54 PM

There are laws for that too.

Do it properly and you don't have to cross. Do it unofficially and you are liable for any losses the employers incur.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

What's that got to do with it?
This isn't an industrial dispute - it's thugs breaking the law.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2015, 06:31:07 PM

I haven't heard of anyone being hurt at these protests and your insistence on calling peaceful protesters thugs is a bit over the top but you're obviously believing the rubbish being spouted in the media. Idimagine you're the type that has no problem with workers crossing a picket line.  Not surprised reading your previous comments.

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on February 19, 2015, 06:53:58 PM

I haven't heard of anyone being hurt at these protests and your insistence on calling peaceful protesters thugs is a bit over the top but you're obviously believing the rubbish being spouted in the media. Idimagine you're the type that has no problem with workers crossing a picket line.  Not surprised reading your previous comments.

Mike - Joan Burton was traumatised from her ordeal. Isn't that enough?
Hang 'em high and make examples of them. Non-compliance will not be tolerated.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

mikehunt

Quote from: foxcommander on February 19, 2015, 07:02:20 PM

Worrying times commander. Am expecting them to hire debt collectors to come looking for the money. Either that or revenue.

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on February 19, 2015, 07:08:56 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 19, 2015, 07:02:20 PM

Worrying times commander. Am expecting them to hire debt collectors to come looking for the money. Either that or revenue.

Nicely takes the focus off the real crooks, doesn't it.

foxcommander