The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Franko on January 19, 2015, 12:55:52 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 11:10:34 AM
Leo and Noonan are about the only 2 worthy of mention.

That brings FG's performance in Government up to an 'E' at best imho. A clear fail. And tbh I don't believe we have a normal Government anymore since the bailout, so it takes some talent to fail in something you are not really participating.

For the record I would give the FF/PD Government an N.G. and kick them out of the school.

Calling out Fox is as necessary as calling out the FG fundamentalist mayogodhelpus was. His posts are pretending to be a normal punter but are consistently biased in favour of one party. We should have a thread on its own for the lackeys so they can have it out among themselves about how good their Gerry/Enda/Mícheál/Joan etc is.

Your posts exhibit every bit as much anti SF bias as fox's do in favour of them.  Are you a 'normal punter' or does that make you an 'anti-SF fundamentalist'?
that's actually quite true

my posts will show I despise practically all of them - which isn't v healthy or good either if I read it back.
the country isn't in that bad a state, but it is in spite of the gov and civil service rather than because of them imo

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 19, 2015, 01:55:30 PM
Quote from: trileacman on January 18, 2015, 12:26:57 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 18, 2015, 11:23:41 AM
Leo Varadkar has said that he is gay.
Had heard that in the past few months. Fair play to him, hope this doesn't start to define him "Leo Varadkar, Ireland's first openly gay minister..."
I think the country has moved on enough that it won't really be an issue for the vast majority

I disagree, I think it's a announcement that will torch any ambitions he had of being leader of FG and/or Tainaste or Taoiseach.

And that disappoints me, he's a grounded, young politician who doesn't use the wanton hyperbole of opposition TD's but not full of the weasel words of the reigning parties. If he ran in my constituency I'd vote for him and I would have been glad to see him make it into a position of real power because he seems to have some of the rarest commodities in politics; perspective and common sense.
I wouldn't say so. In the present liberal climate, being honest counts for more than being gay.
Remember that David Norris was the early frontrunner in the last presidential election. He lost credibility when he came across badly in a number of television debates and he got caught up in a number of other controversies as well but his sexuality had nothing to do with his poor showing in the poll.
Whether or not Leo will be a viable candidate for the FG leadership remains to be seen. Enda isn't going away any time soon and I can't see any of his cabinet taking him on just yet.
I think the electorate will judge Leo on his performance in the in his present department and wouldn't get unduly excited about his sexual inclinations.
BTW, I'm certain he didn't get the Health gig because Enda felt he would make a success of it, quite the reverse./
Leo knows he got the proverbial poisoned chalice and there are interesting times ahead.
I kinda like Leo, a bit of an opinionated prat, but probably the most able in the cabinet
but he'll have more to worry about than his sexuality if he is to stay the course with the man from Milebush.
spot on here imo

Declan

Quotebut probably the most able in the cabinet

That's like being the tallest of the seven dwarfs - not really an accomplishment ;)

deiseach

Leo's coming-out has treated us to the nauseating spectacle of the media telling us how open-minded and progressive they are and expressing shock at how he hasn't been tarred-and-feathered by the bigoted masses. Another reason to hate the media in Ireland. So well done Leo!

muppet

That brings FG's performance in Government up to an 'E' at best imho. A clear fail. And tbh I don't believe we have a normal Government anymore since the bailout, so it takes some talent to fail in something you are not really participating.

For the record I would give the FF/PD Government an N.G. and kick them out of the school.

Calling out Fox is as necessary as calling out the FG fundamentalist mayogodhelpus was. His posts are pretending to be a normal punter but are consistently biased in favour of one party. We should have a thread on its own for the lackeys so they can have it out among themselves about how good their Gerry/Enda/Mícheál/Joan etc is.

Your posts exhibit every bit as much anti SF bias as fox's do in favour of them.  Are you a 'normal punter' or does that make you an 'anti-SF fundamentalist'?

I will agree with you that Fox is in favour of SF.

I will also agree that I am not.

I am in favour of voting out this government, both parties, and I hate FF and the defunct PDs. Most of the independents are even worse. But if that makes me an 'anti-SF fundamentalist', then fair enough, but that is probably being a bit paranoid.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 06:01:35 PM

Ah yes, a classic example of either SF or anti-SF fundamentalist. There is no other kind of people to you. The exact type of lackey I was referring to.

Seems like you don't know of any other kind.
As I said , in your example 3 of your evidence it mentioned the queen. Nowhere in that example was there a mention of SF but you produced this as my overt bias towards a political party. So in your mind anyone who doesn't like the queen is an SF supporter?

Clutching at straws to validate your assumptions. You should really give it up. Some of us don't need to tag on to political parties to form our own opinions.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 06:41:50 PM

Ah yes, a classic example of either SF or anti-SF fundamentalist. There is no other kind of people to you. The exact type of lackey I was referring to.

As I said , in your example 3 of your evidence it mentioned the queen. Nowhere in that example was there a mention of SF but you produced this as my overt bias towards a political party. So in your mind anyone who doesn't like the queen is an SF supporter?

Clutching at straws to validate your assumptions. You should really give it up. Some of us don't need to tag on to political parties to form our own opinions.

You would be correct, if that was it in isolation.

But it is like this:

a) You attack every other party,
b) you defend SF,
c) you defend Gerry Adams,
d) you attack the Queen,
e) you attack Irish rugby,

etc, etc.

It paints a certain picture.

Now I know you will post asking me if you don't like Irish rugby does that make you a Shinner, but you must realise people see through that cherry picking.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 06:48:40 PM

But it is like this:

b) you defend SF,
d) you attack the Queen,

etc, etc.

It paints certain picture.

Now I know you will post asking me if you don't like Irish rugby does that make you a Shinner, but you must realise people see through that cherry picking.

Keep backpeddling there's a good lad... You know you told a porkie..i'll accept your apology though.

As a GAA patron I have no time for rugby. I could explain all the comments but I don't actually have to.

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 07:36:08 PM

But it is like this:

b) you defend SF,
d) you attack the Queen,

etc, etc.

Keep backpeddling there's a good lad... You know you told a porkie..i'll accept your apology though.

As a GAA patron I have no time for rugby. I could explain all the comments but I don't actually have to.

I haven't back peddled an inch. 

I am rehashing exactly the same points.  ;D

MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 08:43:01 PM

But it is like this:

b) you defend SF,
d) you attack the Queen,

etc, etc.

You had just admitted you were wrong. Unless in your own mind that still means you're right. Which it could ;)

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 08:57:27 PM

But it is like this:

b) you defend SF,
d) you attack the Queen,

etc, etc.

You had just admitted you were wrong. Unless in your own mind that still means you're right. Which it could ;)

I am beginning to think there is a screw loose here somewhere.

Please show me where I admitted I was wrong.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 09:14:15 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 08:57:27 PM

But it is like this:

b) you defend SF,
d) you attack the Queen,

etc, etc.

I am beginning to think there is a screw loose here somewhere.

Please show me where I admitted I was wrong.

You said above "You would be correct". Are you trying to retract that statement now?

AZOffaly

I am in favour of voting out this government, both parties, and I hate FF and the defunct PDs. Most of the independents are even worse. But if that makes me an 'anti-SF fundamentalist', then fair enough, but that is probably being a bit paranoid.

Who are you going to vote for? 

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2015, 09:23:15 PM

Who are you going to vote for?

There is the problem. We will see what the new group of independent TDs come up with. I might go that direction.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 09:20:44 PM

You said above "You would be correct". Are you trying to retract that statement now?

Seriously? Notice any difference?
MWWSI 2017