The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 12, 2015, 03:48:18 AM
Good article on the start of the next election. The cuter hoors out there will try to bluff their way back in by saying nothing and hope the electorate buy it.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/the-man-with-a-neck-of-cold-blue-steel-30897855.html

Good to see you are a fan of Kerrigan: http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/the-old-sinn-fein-responses-just-arent-working-this-time-30693165.html

I'm not.

What's your point muppet???
If an article makes sense I don't care who writes it. I've agreed with Kevin Myers once or twice..

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 18, 2015, 03:20:45 PM
Good article on the start of the next election. The cuter hoors out there will try to bluff their way back in by saying nothing and hope the electorate buy it.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/the-man-with-a-neck-of-cold-blue-steel-30897855.html

Good to see you are a fan of Kerrigan: http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/the-old-sinn-fein-responses-just-arent-working-this-time-30693165.html

I'm not.

If an article makes sense I don't care who writes it. I've agreed with Kevin Myers once or twice..

If you overtly support a political party, as you do, cherry-picking his articles is so obviously biased it is pathetic.

When Kerrigan agrees with your prejudices, you will agree with him. When he doesn't, you will disagree or worse say nothing. In conclusion it doesn't matter a toss what he says. His articles are almost always rants against someone. So you are impressed when he rants against your party's enemy and when he rants against your party, you say 'what's your point Muppet' and ignore the article.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 03:34:02 PM

I'm not.

If you overtly support a political party, as you do, cherry-picking his articles is so obviously biased it is pathetic.

When Kerrigan agrees with your prejudices, you will agree with him. When he doesn't, you will disagree or worse say nothing. In conclusion it doesn't matter a toss what he says. His articles are almost always rants against someone. So you are impressed when he rants against your party's enemy and when he rants against your party, you say 'what's your point Muppet' and ignore the article.  ;D

Which political party have I overtly stated that I support? Please back up with up with evidence.

"My prejudices". You're a comedian alright. It's called an opinion for people who agree with you?

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 18, 2015, 03:45:32 PM

I'm not.

Which political party have I overtly stated that I support? Please back up with up with evidence.

"My prejudices". You're a comedian alright. It's called an opinion for people who agree with you?

Who the hell are you trying to fool?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Since you started here you have tried to slaughter 'The Stoops', Fine Gael, Labour, FF, Unionists, Foreigners etc, while always defending the Shinners.

Here is some of the latter, I hardly need to point to the former, this thread alone is full of it.

Quote from: foxcommander on May 26, 2014, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2014, 07:52:28 PM
the respectable parties have no choice either.
Respectable? FF/FG/Lab?

You havin' a laugh?

These continual snide remarks about SF are getting a little tiresome.

Quote from: foxcommander on May 15, 2014, 07:36:11 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 15, 2014, 07:22:57 PM
Hmmmm... dark forces - check, beard - check...

Clutching at straws to discredit Adams again I see....  ::)

Then you say things like this:

Quote from: foxcommander on August 07, 2014, 10:25:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Sure the Irish public detested the Rising at the time. Its importance has always been openly questioned. Well, since Dev's idyllic image of catholic parochial Ireland died sometime in the 1970s and 1980s.

lots of West brits / free-staters were happy enough waving union jacks. sure how many creamed themselves when Lizzy visited?
Couldn't bend over far enough.

Then there is the regular bashing of Rory McIlroy, Bob Geldof, Irish Rugby and anything else that doesn't fit the usual stereotype, along with the completely blind defence of Sean Brady and the Catholic Church in Ireland.

If you happened to drop in here and read a chunk ofyour posts, who would you think you supported?
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 04:09:57 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 18, 2015, 03:45:32 PM

I'm not.

Who the hell are you trying to fool?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Since you started here you have tried to slaughter 'The Stoops', Fine Gael, Labour, FF, Unionists, Foreigners etc, while always defending the Shinners.

Here is some of the latter, I hardly need to point to the former, this thread alone is full of it.

Quote from: foxcommander on May 26, 2014, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2014, 07:52:28 PM
the respectable parties have no choice either.
Respectable? FF/FG/Lab?

You havin' a laugh?

These continual snide remarks about SF are getting a little tiresome.

Quote from: foxcommander on May 15, 2014, 07:36:11 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 15, 2014, 07:22:57 PM
Hmmmm... dark forces - check, beard - check...

Clutching at straws to discredit Adams again I see....  ::)

Then you say things like this:

Quote from: foxcommander on August 07, 2014, 10:25:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Sure the Irish public detested the Rising at the time. Its importance has always been openly questioned. Well, since Dev's idyllic image of catholic parochial Ireland died sometime in the 1970s and 1980s.

lots of West brits / free-staters were happy enough waving union jacks. sure how many creamed themselves when Lizzy visited?
Couldn't bend over far enough.

Then there is the regular bashing of Rory McIlroy, Bob Geldof, Irish Rugby and anything else that doesn't fit the usual stereotype, along with the completely blind defence of Sean Brady and the Catholic Church in Ireland.

If you happened to drop in here and read a chunk ofyour posts, who would you think you supported?

What FF/FG/Labour have done to the 26 counties they deserve every bit of flack they get. Do you disagree? SF have not been in government so I can't chastise their policies. yet.

Hands up if you like unionists!!

So by not (in your words) slaughtering SF that makes me "Overtly" supportive. What about the Independents? I've said nothing much about them.
I was only calling out Maguire's defence of the SDLP. I wasn't endorsing Adams.

And I support SF if I don't like Bob Geldof and Rory McIlroy. Where's that logic from? I don't like rugby as I'm a GAA supporter.

But go on with your theories. I'm flattered you put in so much effort to 'out' me  :-*

muppet

You slagged off everyone, and defended SF.

Good man. You have us all fooled.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 05:27:32 PM

You're making stuff up now to justify your previous post with absolutely no evidence.
Good job Miss Marple.

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 18, 2015, 06:37:06 PM

You're making stuff up now to justify your previous post with absolutely no evidence.
Good job Miss Marple.

I posted the evidence.

But you have us all fooled.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 06:46:10 PM

Good job Miss Marple.

I posted the evidence.

None of your 'evidence' shows I have endorsed SF. Your third example isn't even relevant to your accusation.

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 02:20:53 AM

Good job Miss Marple.

I posted the evidence.

None of your 'evidence' shows I have endorsed SF. Your third example isn't even relevant to your accusation.

Is supporting SF an 'accusation'?

You have attacked everyone else and defended Garry and SF.

But like I said, you have us all fooled.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 10:29:46 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2015, 02:20:53 AM

Good job Miss Marple.

I posted the evidence.

Is supporting SF an 'accusation'?

You have attacked everyone else and defended Garry and SF.

But like I said, you have us all fooled.
muppet
what the fcuk has yours and foxys personal row got to do with fg and leo here?

I don't agree with all foxy says but agree with some, I don't agree with all you say but agree with some - but everyone has a diff opinion. no matter what you feel about it.

anyhow, having met leo a few times I think he is the best fg have got. maybe some would liken him to coveney but imo Leo is more genuine.  ok ive never had conv with coveney so its not first hand - but what he has said over the past few years is more of the same political rubbish - but Leo often doesn't stick to that script which is why I like him.

as for that he is gay...so what. I also hope it isn't used by slimey fg as some kind of totem pole.
When a friend of mine 'came out' years ago - my response was ' that's grand, more birds for me then' !

Leo would be in my own handpicked cherrypicking selection of the best TD's for government.

muppet

Leo and Noonan are about the only 2 worthy of mention.

That brings FG's performance in Government up to an 'E' at best imho. A clear fail. And tbh I don't believe we have a normal Government anymore since the bailout, so it takes some talent to fail in something you are not really participating.

For the record I would give the FF/PD Government an N.G. and kick them out of the school.

Calling out Fox is as necessary as calling out the FG fundamentalist mayogodhelpus was. His posts are pretending to be a normal punter but are consistently biased in favour of one party. We should have a thread on its own for the lackeys so they can have it out among themselves about how good their Gerry/Enda/Mícheál/Joan etc is.
MWWSI 2017

Franko

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2015, 11:10:34 AM
Leo and Noonan are about the only 2 worthy of mention.

That brings FG's performance in Government up to an 'E' at best imho. A clear fail. And tbh I don't believe we have a normal Government anymore since the bailout, so it takes some talent to fail in something you are not really participating.

For the record I would give the FF/PD Government an N.G. and kick them out of the school.

Calling out Fox is as necessary as calling out the FG fundamentalist mayogodhelpus was. His posts are pretending to be a normal punter but are consistently biased in favour of one party. We should have a thread on its own for the lackeys so they can have it out among themselves about how good their Gerry/Enda/Mícheál/Joan etc is.

Your posts exhibit every bit as much anti SF bias as fox's do in favour of them.  Are you a 'normal punter' or does that make you an 'anti-SF fundamentalist'?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: trileacman on January 18, 2015, 12:26:57 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 18, 2015, 11:23:41 AM
Leo Varadkar has said that he is gay.
Had heard that in the past few months. Fair play to him, hope this doesn't start to define him "Leo Varadkar, Ireland's first openly gay minister..."
I think the country has moved on enough that it won't really be an issue for the vast majority

I disagree, I think it's a announcement that will torch any ambitions he had of being leader of FG and/or Tainaste or Taoiseach.

And that disappoints me, he's a grounded, young politician who doesn't use the wanton hyperbole of opposition TD's but not full of the weasel words of the reigning parties. If he ran in my constituency I'd vote for him and I would have been glad to see him make it into a position of real power because he seems to have some of the rarest commodities in politics; perspective and common sense.
I wouldn't say so. In the present liberal climate, being honest counts for more than being gay.
Remember that David Norris was the early frontrunner in the last presidential election. He lost credibility when he came across badly in a number of television debates and he got caught up in a number of other controversies as well but his sexuality had nothing to do with his poor showing in the poll.
Whether or not Leo will be a viable candidate for the FG leadership remains to be seen. Enda isn't going away any time soon and I can't see any of his cabinet taking him on just yet.
I think the electorate will judge Leo on his performance in the in his present department and wouldn't get unduly excited about his sexual inclinations.
BTW, I'm certain he didn't get the Health gig because Enda felt he would make a success of it, quite the reverse./
Leo knows he got the proverbial poisoned chalice and there are interesting times ahead.
I kinda like Leo, a bit of an opinionated prat, but probably the most able in the cabinet but he'll have more to worry about than his sexuality if he is to stay the course with the man from Milebush.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi