The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on September 22, 2013, 08:19:47 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on September 21, 2013, 01:47:07 PM
It has emerged the State Agency Forfás spent more than €1.4m last year renting offices that were never used.
The figures, which are contained in the agency's Financial Statements for 2012, have prompted Fianna Fáil to call on the Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin to explain why this is happening and to take action.
The party's spokesperson on Public Expenditure and Reform, Sean Fleming, said he fears other State agencies may also be wasting taxpayers' money.
Id be more interrested in who owns these unused properties. Im thinking government stooge or wife of fg td

You would think you would be more worried about the container ship full of smuggled cigs found ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2013, 07:04:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2013, 07:02:16 PM
I think you're a bit off base here muppet. If something is crap does it really matter who complains about it? Who should be allowed raise it?

Well if AIB complains about the budget, is that ok?
Or Sean Quinn?

So who is allowed complain if something is wrong? Only those who have clean hands completely?

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 22, 2013, 11:27:11 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on September 22, 2013, 08:19:47 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on September 21, 2013, 01:47:07 PM
It has emerged the State Agency Forfás spent more than €1.4m last year renting offices that were never used.
The figures, which are contained in the agency's Financial Statements for 2012, have prompted Fianna Fáil to call on the Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin to explain why this is happening and to take action.
The party's spokesperson on Public Expenditure and Reform, Sean Fleming, said he fears other State agencies may also be wasting taxpayers' money.
Id be more interrested in who owns these unused properties. Im thinking government stooge or wife of fg td

You would think you would be more worried about the container ship full of smuggled cigs found ;)
time was a container of fags was something. the families have gotten so big now that a container is only a snack. even a small outfit could handle the loss of one or two containers that's progress and growth in the local economy
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

All of a Sludden

Enda didn't hang around Croker today.  ;)

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2013, 07:49:42 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2013, 07:04:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2013, 07:02:16 PM
I think you're a bit off base here muppet. If something is crap does it really matter who complains about it? Who should be allowed raise it?

Well if AIB complains about the budget, is that ok?
Or Sean Quinn?

So who is allowed complain if something is wrong? Only those who have clean hands completely?

Everyone is allowed to complain, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of those most responsible being the ones giving out about the mess.
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

I'm with you Elmo; unlike AZ I'm not going to forget.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 23, 2013, 01:15:49 PM

I'm not going to forget either. But I think if we disqualify criticism of the government from the opposition, on the grounds that they made a right f**k up themselves, then we might as well forget the whole thing.  Only Sinn Fein would be allowed to criticise the government of the day, until they themselves get in...

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2013, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 23, 2013, 01:15:49 PM

I'm not going to forget either. But I think if we disqualify criticism of the government from the opposition, on the grounds that they made a right f**k up themselves, then we might as well forget the whole thing.  Only Sinn Fein would be allowed to criticise the government of the day, until they themselves get in...

I was specifically pointing out their criticism of a mess they themselves created, not all criticism of the Government.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Yeah, but they fucked up everything :D

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2013, 03:00:13 PM

No dispute from me on that one.

MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: muppet on September 23, 2013, 03:01:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2013, 03:00:13 PM

No dispute from me on that one.

Nor me.  Don't mind criticism where it's due - but criticism from the culpable is infuriating, especially when they know some gobshites are listening to them. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

But lads, if you don't want to hear criticism of what's happening today from those who made a c**k up of it initially, then basically you are limiting the criticism to either Sinn Fein or the Independents. Is that really what ye want?

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2013, 03:46:45 PM
But lads, if you don't want to hear criticism of what's happening today from those who made a c**k up of it initially, then basically you are limiting the criticism to either Sinn Fein or the Independents. Is that really what ye want?

Not at all, criticism of a Forfás screw up can come from Government back-bench TDs, the Senate ( ::)) or even the media.

But it is simply hypocrisy hearing it from FF.
MWWSI 2017