The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

That's got f all to do with the point Lawnseed raised. But I'm not surprised that you decided to attack SF rather than try and deal with your own murky past. Best to remember everything as rosey eh? But sure, enough time's passed to forget about it!!  ::)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Nally Stand

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 10:34:36 AM

Ah Jaysus, lads like you and lawnseed will never take the hint.
This isn't Andytown or the Bogside; down here we do things differently.
Sending Marty down to contest the last presidential election wasn't a clever move.

The feckin' eejit brought a bunch of heavies from Derry along to act as bodyguards. They wouldn't be out of place in an Al Capone movie.
We have enough hoodlums of our own to keep us going.
His campaign was run by heads he brought along with him and the SF organisation down here didn't get a look in.
Even Gerry was kept in the background and I can't recall seeing him on the same platform as Marty from start to finish. The whole charade was a PR disaster from start to finish.
If that' the best you lot can offer us, I think we'd be better off sticking with the bunch of assholes we have already.

"Down here we do things different".
"Sending marty down"
"The best you lot can offer us"

Partitionist horseshit.

As for the talk of McGuinness having Al Capone style bodyguards....well, lets just say you are the perfect example of what I referred to over on the Sindo thread. I suppose now that they said Gerry Adams travelled in a car with dark windows and that drug lords sometimes do too, that you will be telling us all that Adams is obviously an evil nordie drug lord? The nonsense about the north being a different country and about McGuinness' bodyguards reminds me of a very "impartial" report on RTE radio during the presidential election campaign where the reporter said McGuinness "seemed like he knew nothing about the south" and referred to him having "minders" and "wondered were they armed". In contrast the reporter who followed Sean Gallagher referred to him having an "entourage" and that it was "like being with the Messiah".  ::) As I said this morning some people don't even seem to realise when they are being led by the nose by the Dublin media.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Syferus

When ye convince a majority of people in the six counties to join the republic you can call the above partitionist but until that happens it's called living in the real world and not the one where everyone in Ireland has Bobby Sands' flags flying in their back gardens. Politically north and south are very different animals.

Hardy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 12, 2013, 11:05:09 AM
That's got f all to do with the point Lawnseed raised. But I'm not surprised that you decided to attack SF rather than try and deal with your own murky past. Best to remember everything as rosey eh? But sure, enough time's passed to forget about it!!  ::)

Lar's murky past? Brilliant! Can you put it all up here before tonight. There's not much on the telly.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hardy on August 12, 2013, 11:45:43 AM

Lar's murky past? Brilliant! Can you put it all up here before tonight. There's not much on the telly.

Sure it's his own to tell....

Nally Stand

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2013, 11:32:13 AM
When ye convince a majority of people in the six counties to join the republic you can call the above partitionist but until that happens it's called living in the real world and not the one where everyone in Ireland has Bobby Sands' flags flying in their back gardens. Politically north and south are very different animals.

The Presidency isn't political and the post I replied to was not even political. It was just "you lot" and us. Partitionist mentality.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 12, 2013, 11:11:57 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 10:34:36 AM

Ah Jaysus, lads like you and lawnseed will never take the hint.
Sending Marty down to contest the last presidential election wasn't a clever move.

The feckin' eejit brought a bunch of heavies from Derry along to act as bodyguards. They wouldn't be out of place in an Al Capone movie.
We have enough hoodlums of our own to keep us going.
His campaign was run by heads he brought along with him and the SF organisation down here didn't get a look in.
Even Gerry was kept in the background and I can't recall seeing him on the same platform as Marty from start to finish. The whole charade was a PR disaster from start to finish.
If that' the best you lot can offer us, I think we'd be better off sticking with the bunch of assholes we have already.

"Down here we do things different".
"Sending marty down"
"The best you lot can offer us"

Partitionist horseshit.

As for the talk of McGuinness having Al Capone style bodyguards....well, lets just say you are the perfect example of what I referred to over on the Sindo thread. I suppose now that they said Gerry Adams travelled in a car with dark windows and that drug lords sometimes do too, that you will be telling us all that Adams is obviously an evil nordie drug lord? The nonsense about the north being a different country and about McGuinness' bodyguards reminds me of a very "impartial" report on RTE radio during the presidential election campaign where the reporter said McGuinness "seemed like he knew nothing about the south" and referred to him having "minders" and "wondered were they armed". In contrast the reporter who followed Sean Gallagher referred to him having an "entourage" and that it was "like being with the Messiah".  ::) As I said this morning some people don't even seem to realise when they are being led by the nose by the Dublin media.

Christ, you're some tulip!
You're scattering strawman fallacies around like snuff at a wedding.
You can "just say" what you like and "suppose" to your heart's content but I'll only back up what I say; not what you infer.
Every time McGuinness made a speech in public he had four to five large gentlemen in close attendance. Each was built like a block shithouse; each stared straight ahead and neither smiled or spoke to anyone else while Marty pedalled his vision of what the Republic needs to thrive and prosper.
I don't give the proverbial f**k about anything anyone had to say about Sean Gallagher; let's stick with the man I mentioned and that's Martin McGuinness.
What I have to say about him is not supposition or blind prejudice; there are plenty of reports in the public domain to corroborate what I say.
The "impartial" reporter you sneer at  was only echoing the sentiments of many although, to be fair, I don't recall anyone asking Marty if his heavies were armed.
But he did have a posse of minders wherever he went and he failed to address issues of immediate concern to us.
Look, I'll have a sporting bet with you. Plenty of Marty's guff can be found in online archives, right?
For every one you come up with that shows Marty addressed issues that were relevant to the matter in hand, (ie the presidential election and the role of a President in office) I'll come back with two to show he hadn't a clue about a president's powers and constraints while in office.

I brought up the matter of the presidential in the first place to point out to lawnseed and his buddy that they hadn't a notion about politics down here. If Marty was talking through his anal orifice, what hope have the rest of you when youse try to lecture us?
BTW, I believe McG is doing a fine job in NI; his only "crime" to me is that he seems to assume that what works up there will work also down here.
I'll repeat once more than Gerry didn't play a prominent part in Marty's election campaign; neither did any other prominent shinner down here.  All PR, press releases etc. were handled by people with impeccable Derry accents.
The difference between us, me oul' buddy, is that I'm going by facts and you are drowning in seas of prejudice and half-truths all the way.
It's a bit rich that any shinner from the North would presume to lecture us about our low standards in high places.
Even FF at its best (worst?) never got so many dead out of their graves or emigrants to miraculously turn up on poling day to cast their votes.
We have enough problems as it is without having you provide us with a few more.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

On the contrary, horse, it's got everything to do with it.
This is what I wrote and this is what I stand by:

Sending Marty down to contest the last presidential election wasn't a clever move

We don't use the same electioneering techniques to get the vote out as the shinners do in nationalist areas.
I thought I had put what I had to say in idiot-proof terms but I guess I'll  need to try a bit harder.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 01:09:59 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 12, 2013, 01:02:36 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2013, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2013, 10:42:16 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 11, 2013, 10:02:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2013, 09:46:16 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 11, 2013, 09:31:10 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 11, 2013, 05:14:25 PM
Lawnseed SF will not be in government in Ireland (Republic of) in the next 50 years.

I wouldn't rule out a FF/SF coalition after the next election.

Everyone else will, though.

Suppose you're right, Enda is the most popular leader in the world, ever. The economy is in good health, likewise the health service and the schools, unemployment is way below the E.U. average and the housing market is making a slow but steady recovery.

As opposed to SF's discount store populism? Beyond any concerns about going into coalition with a party that has 'links' (as in their leaders ran the bloody show) to paramilitary groups there's plenty of ideological reasons FF, Labour and FG won't touch SF.
I supposed the fact that many ff and fg tds attended the first dail sessions carrying guns.. but they were good guns weren't they ::)

putting ff and fg together is logical they are and always have been the same party. they both have the same policies... all pigs on the one sow the sooner the better

Ah, they did indeed, although they weren’t FF or FG at the time and they carried out their share of Northern Bank heists and Jerry McCabe murders as well. But that was about 80/90 years ago and people nowadays have no appetite for the shinners coming along and re-inventing that particular wheel all over again.
I don’t think you really understand the way our electoral system works. We don’t have your first past the post model so it’s not as easy to fiddle the system as it is for you.
Once upon a time FF and FG get were fairly good at intimidating voters and voting twice with cards picked up from old folks’ homes and the likes but things are a lot stricter now.
This would put the shinners at a disadvantage straightaway.
so once a certain period of time passes murder becomes ok? how long?
Forever I guess.

Bluff about all ya like Lar. How about you explain how long has to pass before Murder is OK? This is the aspect that i find completely nauseating, and indeed was the point I was highlighting. Instead of addressing the point in any depth you decided to go on a rant about SF "Coming down here" instead. Talk about misdirection!!

I hope that is idiot proof enough for you to understand?

Syferus

There's a big difference between your great-grandpa offing someone in the 1920s and you yourself doing it, lad.

trueblue1234

To take Hardy's tactic, Neither me nor my grandfather "offed" anyone.

Say your grand da killed someone in the 1910's or 1920's, you'd agree that they shouldn't be let anywhere near politics / running a country ever again? Or if they were part of an organisation that did this, ditto? I just want to be clear.

Hardy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 12, 2013, 02:58:50 PM
To take Hardy's tactic, Neither me nor my grandfather "offed" anyone.

Say your grand da killed someone in the 1910's or 1920's, you'd agree that they shouldn't be let anywhere near politics / running a country ever again? Or if they were part of an organisation that did this, ditto? I just want to be clear.

Where did I come into this? I don't have a murky past like Lar.

trueblue1234

You have been tarnished by your interest in him. Murky pasts are contagious.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 12, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 01:09:59 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 12, 2013, 01:02:36 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2013, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2013, 10:42:16 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 11, 2013, 10:02:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2013, 09:46:16 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 11, 2013, 09:31:10 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 11, 2013, 05:14:25 PM
Lawnseed SF will not be in government in Ireland (Republic of) in the next 50 years.

I wouldn't rule out a FF/SF coalition after the next election.

Everyone else will, though.

Suppose you're right, Enda is the most popular leader in the world, ever. The economy is in good health, likewise the health service and the schools, unemployment is way below the E.U. average and the housing market is making a slow but steady recovery.

As opposed to SF's discount store populism? Beyond any concerns about going into coalition with a party that has 'links' (as in their leaders ran the bloody show) to paramilitary groups there's plenty of ideological reasons FF, Labour and FG won't touch SF.
I supposed the fact that many ff and fg tds attended the first dail sessions carrying guns.. but they were good guns weren't they ::)

putting ff and fg together is logical they are and always have been the same party. they both have the same policies... all pigs on the one sow the sooner the better

Ah, they did indeed, although they weren't FF or FG at the time and they carried out their share of Northern Bank heists and Jerry McCabe murders as well. But that was about 80/90 years ago and people nowadays have no appetite for the shinners coming along and re-inventing that particular wheel all over again.
I don't think you really understand the way our electoral system works. We don't have your first past the post model so it's not as easy to fiddle the system as it is for you.
Once upon a time FF and FG get were fairly good at intimidating voters and voting twice with cards picked up from old folks' homes and the likes but things are a lot stricter now.
This would put the shinners at a disadvantage straightaway.
so once a certain period of time passes murder becomes ok? how long?
Forever I guess.

Bluff about all ya like Lar. How about you explain how long has to pass before Murder is OK? This is the aspect that i find completely nauseating, and indeed was the point I was highlighting. Instead of addressing the point in any depth you decided to go on a rant about SF "Coming down here" instead. Talk about misdirection!!

I hope that is idiot proof enough for you to understand?

TBH, I don't think I was the one who meandered off-topic in the first place.

I had already given an answer to a question lawnseed had still to ask.
Here it is once again:
".......... But that was about 80/90 years ago and people nowadays have no appetite for the shinners coming along and re-inventing that particular wheel all over again."

Didn't that already answer the question lawnseed chose to put to me in his reply? Obviously, he didn't bother to read what I had written. 

It seemed to me that, going by some of his previous posts, the poor lad didn't realise that we don't use the same electoral process that is used in NI. 
You might get away with what he had to say in NI, where the catchphrase,  "Vote early and often" was born and where both Unionists and Nationalists turned vote rigging and impersonation into art forms but it's not that easy to do either down here. So I put the following to him:

"I don't think you really understand the way our electoral system works. We don't have your first past the post model so it's not as easy to fiddle the system as it is for you. "
Both Nally and you seem to resent the way I refer to "up there" and "down here."

Yet here you have lawnseed lecturing us about "sliveen politics" and telling us the lengths parties "down here" will go in order to prevent the shinners "holding sway."
He also posted this howler.
"ahh.. at last its finally been said by one of the 'ruling class'. fianna fail's mary o rourke has said at a meeting in tyrone that the two major parties ie fine gael and fianna fail should join in coalition at the next election."

Mary O'Rourke has about as much influence on FF strategy as I have.
She was shafted a long time ago. Mary has been known to come out with vindictive statement to embarrass the party leadership from time to time but that's about it.
Turkeys will vote for Christmas before FF and F agree to go into coalition. Each has too much to lose because of our PR voting system.
I also tried (helpfully) to explain why SF or indeed any other party without broad support from all sectors will find it hard to make gains under the same PR system.
Jaysus, I don't want to go through that again!

I hope that is idiot proof enough for you to understand. ;D

trueblue1234

Not really, because your just saying that yeah our guys did that 80 odd years ago, but we've moved on. Well SF have moved on as well, and are now a political only party. So I'm asking you how long is it until they can distance themselves from their past just as you've done with the boys from 1920.

The rest of your post as Nally pointed out was complete Indo spoofing about bodygards and other such tripe to muddy the water.

It's not idiot proofing you need, it's an idiot filter for your posts.