The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Lawnseed, why do you think there are cutbacks? Is it for the craic?
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

Quote from: muppet on February 03, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

Cutbacks, are you sure about that.......

James Reilly, the health minister and George McNeice, former CEO of the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO) are the registered joint owners of a website company that has received €2.3m in state grants.
McNeice rerired from the IMO last December with a €9.7m pension package which was reduced from entitlements he had accrued totalling €20m.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

muppet

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 03, 2013, 09:20:08 PM

James Reilly, the health minister and George McNeice, former CEO of the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO) are the registered joint owners of a website company that has received €2.3m in state grants.
McNeice rerired from the IMO last December with a €9.7m pension package which was reduced from entitlements he had accrued totalling €20m.

Feel free to nail him if he has done something corrupt.

However in 2008 the state was taking in roughly €20bn less than it was spending. We still have a multi-billion euro deficit.
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

Quote from: muppet on February 03, 2013, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 03, 2013, 09:20:08 PM

Feel free to nail him if he has done something corrupt.

However in 2008 the state was taking in roughly €20bn less than it was spending. We still have a multi-billion euro deficit.

I hadn't thought of it as corrupt, but its very nice work if you can get it, especially in these recessionary times.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

lawnseed

cutting the least well off in society while steadfastly refusing to lead by example by taking a cut yourself or implementing the same criteria to civil sercant earning over 100000 isnt good craic...

it wont be long now..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on February 03, 2013, 09:40:45 PM
cutting the least well off in society while steadfastly refusing to lead by example by taking a cut yourself or implementing the same criteria to civil sercant earning over 100000 isnt good craic...

it wont be long now..

Can you give some examples please?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Fine Gael lose top slot to to FF

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fianna-fail-back-on-top-as-countrys-most-popular-party-29057660.html

One imagines the promissory note deal, useful although not perfect, is worth a couple of percent though.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2013, 02:42:23 AM

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fianna-fail-back-on-top-as-countrys-most-popular-party-29057660.html

One imagines the promissory note deal, useful although not perfect, is worth a couple of percent though.

With idiots like that back home, I think I can safely say I am done with Ireland (so that will make quite a lot of the people on this board happy), it's not worth saving if people actually want FF in charge. It is a disaster for Ireland that FG did not get a clear majority in the last election, allowing Labour to lead the opposition. This would have given the Irish people a choice between FG & Labour, what is left the insanity of SF & loony left or the gombeen thieves of FF.

(Don't give a feck that FG are losing popularity, I am ashamed of the people back home that FF are gaining popularity).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tubberman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 09, 2013, 04:01:36 PM

With idiots like that back home, I think I can safely say I am done with Ireland (so that will make quite a lot of the people on this board happy), it's not worth saving if people actually want FF in charge. It is a disaster for Ireland that FG did not get a clear majority in the last election, allowing Labour to lead the opposition. This would have given the Irish people a choice between FG & Labour, what is left the insanity of SF & loony left or the gombeen thieves of FF.

(Don't give a feck that FG are losing popularity, I am ashamed of the people back home that FF are gaining popularity).

The thing is they're anonymous. It's not like they've been a fierce or even effective opposition. People are just fed up of they austerity they see being brought in by the government, so they go for the default option of FF, because they still can't bring themselves to go for SF.
I'd like to think (and I hope) that this wouldn't come to pass in an election.
But if it does, it would just go to show a large proportion of people in this country are a shower of f**king idiots.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lawnseed

Quote from: Tubberman on February 09, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

The thing is they're anonymous. It's not like they've been a fierce or even effective opposition. People are just fed up of they austerity they see being brought in by the government, so they go for the default option of FF, because they still can't bring themselves to go for SF.
But if it does, it would just go to show a large proportion of people in this country are a shower of f**king idiots.

bahh bahh... the next time i tell you two guys something maybe yez will believe me! the irish electorate are sheep with the memory of a goldfish. tom the devil could tie a thread round their two front teeth and lead them over a cliff. in the end they'll do what ever pat kenny and joe duffy tell them. dont be surprised if sean "brown envelope" gallagher stands and gets in aswell. fuckn unbelievable

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Tubberman on February 09, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

Dead right! Unfortunately, most people seem to have very short memories and are unwilling to make their feelings known.
Bertie and Cowan and other FF leaders and senior ministers before them never bothered to hide the facts. They appointed cronies to top positions or secured preferential grants for hospitals etc. in their own constituencies or in those of their buddies.
Long Paddy Flynn comes to mind straightaway.
Enda and his pals are no different. James Reilly would give Flynn or McCreevy a good run for their money any day.
One shower of useless gobshites has been replaced by another.
When our Enda was in opposition, the house property levy was a 'vampire tax;' and now that's he's in office, we better grin and bear it.
Micheal Martin and FF are playing a very shrewd game at the moment; they know the public have short memories. So they're staying away from controversy and are quietly building up their constituency structures again.
I can't see them doing well until Martin, Willie O'Dea, O'Cuiv and any other throwbacks to the Ahern/Cowan era have retired but they will come back sooner or later because people have short memories.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

lawnseed

poor old joan burton is getting roaded out of dundalk on youtube. well done security men it was getting heated towards the end

lawnseed

remember when the gimp kenny was canvassing before the last election.. the election they couldn't lose.. well theres a well publicised picture of him confronted by a young lady in a wheelchair asking if he intended to cut her money in reply gimp tells her that he would never cut the vulnerable or anyone in her predicament and he warmly embraces her... emm? well guess what? that was another fukn lie! >:( just this week fine gael announced that the mobility allowance for people like the girl in the pictures is to be scrapped leaving her and other vunerable people up shit creek. why oh why did he have to lie to the likes of wheelchair bound people then shaft them?

Itchy

Don't have much time for Enda and his blueshirts but even I can't fathom how they could stoop so low for such a relatively measley saving. Even worse is seeing the biggest mouth in opposition (Gilmore) say nothing now. Disgraceful.

lawnseed

at one stage 8 ambulances thats 2/3 of the dublin emergency ambulance service were sitting outside of the one hospital in dublin unable to unload their patients. meanwhile an injured man lay in the snow with dozens of bystanders phoning and phoning to get him help according to jao mebollix today. calls from cork as well very bad service also. no calls from roscommon though ??? so obviously the answer is to close the a+e then the sheep cant complain about the queues..