GAA gear prices 2 dear or reasonable (Jerseys, shorts, socks)

Started by RTEWW, November 23, 2007, 12:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloc Mor

Must agree about the quality of O' Neills gear.  I wouldn't class it as being any more expensive than Nike, Addidas etc.  At least when you put it into the washing machine you know its going to come out the same size and the same colour.  O' Neills also have some brilliant sales when you can buy slightly outdated gear at very reasonable prices.  Still think they are hard to beat.

gerry

QuoteHead to toe in Meath HuhHuh??   

Pity you never get to croker to wear them.

:D :D :D :D
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyrone exile

anybody got a preview of the new tyrone kit? or anybody know what it looks like?

new devil

Its red and white with a big red hand in the top left hand corner ;)

tyrone exile

Rois

Quote from: tyrone exile on November 25, 2007, 01:51:58 AM
anybody got a preview of the new tyrone kit? or anybody know what it looks like?

Saw three prototypes made up by O'Neill's about a month and a half ago, before the sponsor was agreed upon.  Two out of the three looked very sharp - not sure if they went for the collarless one or not.  Red stripes across the shoulders. 

Launching at O'Neill's in Strabane this week.  Tyrone yearbook to follow as well...and it's fantastic looking.

Maguire01

As has been said, Jerseys are relatively cheap, easy to wash and last ages. Have to say though, the sizes on most are waaaaaay out - very big fitting. I can wear a juvenile one (and i'm 6 foot), so it costs me even less!

Rois

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 26, 2007, 05:48:30 PM
Rois, have O`Neills gone back to basics with their design, or is it the usual complicated, cluttered shite? The older jersies were much nicer than todays monstrosities.

I wouldn't say that they're completely back to basics - the background is quite detailed.  They've lost the black rims around things and the retro-style stripes look good.

They worked with the graphic designer responsible for a lot of Tyrone's stuff so plenty of thought went into it. 

Louth Exile

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 26, 2007, 05:56:23 PM
As has been said, Jerseys are relatively cheap, easy to wash and last ages. Have to say though, the sizes on most are waaaaaay out - very big fitting. I can wear a juvenile one (and i'm 6 foot), so it costs me even less!

Well fair play to you if you can!! there musn't be a pick on ya, for those of us who are carrying a bit of condition (as they say in the horsey world) we are thankfull the replica jerseys are that bit more forgiving...
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jinxy

Quote from: gerry on November 25, 2007, 12:06:30 AM

"Somebody get this kid a TV!" :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Quote from: gerry on November 25, 2007, 12:06:30 AM

And your from where??? And did even watch the All-Ireland last year??

To be honest I have yet to wear the vest as I was hoping that the sun would actually shine at some point in the summer but sadly no.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I have a jersey from the '99 season with the sleeves cut off. It's a wonder that never caught on! :o
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tyrone86

Quote from: Rois on November 26, 2007, 05:27:05 PM
Quote from: tyrone exile on November 25, 2007, 01:51:58 AM

Saw three prototypes made up by O'Neill's about a month and a half ago, before the sponsor was agreed upon.  Two out of the three looked very sharp - not sure if they went for the collarless one or not.  Red stripes across the shoulders. 

Launching at O'Neill's in Strabane this week.  Tyrone yearbook to follow as well...and it's fantastic looking.

Nope, the collar remains. They did lose the quote on the jersey at the behest of county committee. Something to do with players and wains getting slagged about it  ::) Personally, if the White Rocwell logo is taken rather than the old type red one then it should look the part, certainly an improvement on the last one.

Regarding the yearbook, looking fantastic is one thing, but post the launch of Teamtalk in 2000 the content was brutal in the years it was published, in contrast to the top quality programmes the communications committee produce. Hopefully in Brendan Harkin's last year as PRO they'll go come out with a corker.

Gnevin

Quote from: Jinxy on November 27, 2007, 12:59:20 PM
I have a jersey from the '99 season with the sleeves cut off. It's a wonder that never caught on! :o
Didnt the GAA ban them?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.