The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

A few stories today.

1. Looking bad for Al Franken. Should be gone by the end of the day I would expect.
2. The GOP House thinks federal reciprocal concealed carry laws trumping more strict local laws are a good thing, even if it means someone prohibited for good reason in one place can just go to another state with lax laws to get his permit. Preventing a violent ex-husband or a stalker from carrying a concealed weapon is apparently an infringement of his 2nd amendment rights.
3. MSNBC, the pussies, fold and fire Sam Seder on account of an obviously sarcastic tweet about Roman Polanski years ago, in the face of publicity from an alt-right troll with his own history of brazen, unapologetic racist tweets.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on December 06, 2017, 03:21:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 06, 2017, 01:06:46 PM
Just plugged my numbers into the WSJ Tax Bill calculator.......if its to be believed, Im going to be paying $2K more.......motherfvcker Trump
Mencken said democracy is the art of giving people what they want, good and hard.
The GOP is finished.

Everything needs to be looked at in perspective

Yes I may be paying more in taxes under the new plan, but I also earned more momey than I did last year, and my 401K has done very well with the stock market bounce.  I actually dont mind paying more taxes as long as its put to good use.....I just resent being told Im not paying my fair share when I getting hosed

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2017, 04:48:57 PM
A few stories today.

1. Looking bad for Al Franken. Should be gone by the end of the day I would expect.
2. The GOP House thinks federal reciprocal concealed carry laws trumping more strict local laws are a good thing, even if it means someone prohibited for good reason in one place can just go to another state with lax laws to get his permit. Preventing a violent ex-husband or a stalker from carrying a concealed weapon is apparently an infringement of his 2nd amendment rights.
3. MSNBC, the pussies, fold and fire Sam Seder on account of an obviously sarcastic tweet about Roman Polanski years ago, in the face of publicity from an alt-right troll with his own history of brazen, unapologetic racist tweets.

Said it when the story broke - he needs to walk

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2017, 04:48:57 PM
A few stories today.

You missed Jerusalem... As if the Muslim ban will stop them America is public enemy number 1 now. No doubt Trump will find something else to blame it on!!

Rossfan

The hape o' shite in the White House has really done it now!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Watcher

Donald Trump you're nothing but a c***!!!!

Syferus

This is what happens when you elect a reality tv star to public office. It's bad when a literal cardboard cutout would do a better job.

whitey

Wow...definitely looks like Trump is willing to rip all the bandaids off

stew

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 06, 2017, 12:14:09 AM
Quote from: stew on December 05, 2017, 11:51:24 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 05, 2017, 11:08:55 PM
Fox is hilarious. Literally an Irishman talking about undocumented really grinds my gears. The Irish are all over the world undocumented, especially in the US. Pre 9/11 they were able to get citizenship easy but those that didn't are now stuck in a limbo.

Who gives a f**k that Irish people are undocumented all over the world? They should not be undocumented all over the world newbie! And being Irish has got nothing to do with someones opinion on undocumented people being somewhere they are not entitled to be either!

Keep your gears grinding kid, and as for people being 'stuck in limbo' f**k them, they can always come home or better still apply to become documented, they do it to themselves, no one forces them in limbo!

F**k them. That attitude sums up how you'd treat your fellow countryman. Emphasis on countryman. You're a real piece of work Stew. Stay classy.

I dont give two shites about irish illegals anymore than I do Pakistani illegals, or English illegals, they are illegal and why should Irish illegals be thought of any more than some Turkish Illegal person for example?

Stay Classy??? WTF? I have no use for people being in  the states if they have no right to be there! What has that got to do with class and why does my opinion make me a real piece of worK? Is it because I dont fawn over the illegal Irish? Spare me!

I had two sisters over there illegally at one point and my opinion never changed one iota.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

so, whitey, fox and stew, how did you qualify to get there?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on December 07, 2017, 04:41:35 AM
I applied for a visa and poof! There it was.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on December 07, 2017, 09:07:49 AM
Which poof?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

Quote from: seafoid on December 07, 2017, 09:24:22 AM
Which poof?

The poof fairy that granted us permission to pay taxes for having jobs that afforded us the opportunity to pay taxes of course!

whitey

Green Card Lottery 1994

FL/MAYO

It would be ironic if you guys got your visas due to the hard work and lobbying of illegal Irish immigrants living in the U.S during the 80's and early 90 's!