The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 05, 2017, 12:09:51 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 05, 2017, 03:24:24 AM
Whitey, it's a tough spot All right that we find ourselves in now. Dems are rudderless and leaderless and completely drifting. The GOP just screwed over anyone not wealthy enough to know a senator or congressman. And please, let's not pretend trickle down works, or that Corp tax savings are spent on job creation. Or that the Dems were proposing anything other than the same auld shite.

So my good old fashioned safety net capitalism has no home. I can't abide our current CIC, (an American Ian Paisley) I think he is so utterly and completely out of his depth that it's not funny, and completely in the pocket of  his donors and others who may have leverage, but what politician isn't? However he is acting as if there is no tomorrow, and for me, with dual citizen children, I really believe he is doing my kids an injustice, giving the breaks to donors and screwing the poor with this tax bill. And his foreign policy, or complete lack thereof is mortgaging the place of the  US in this world. I still give him a pass if he kick starts the infrastructure bill, but at this point, the tooth fairy and santa are proposing and seconding the bill...

Screwed I tell ya. And not a single elected official with a plan.

I used to say vote C, none of the above, bit the fact that I think the status quo is better than where we are now speaks volumes...

And even with all that shite, I can't stand the false patriotism of Fox and Friends. What you call the MSM may be shite, but at least they aren't Cray Cray. The nonsense being peddled at this point in time will be viewed in the years to come as lunacy. But at least the MSM as some attempt at reality and truth and balance. Fails often but at least tries. Fox Breitbart, Trump Twitter, all complete and utter shite,  1984 ain't got shit on 2017. Doing a fundamental disservice to the middle class, Imbuing unfounded prejudice and hatred to a hard working population that deserves better health care, better education, more social mobility and the truth.

Maybe next time...

MSM are a big part of the reason were in this $hite

Every mainstream Republican was beating Hillary, so what does the MSM do.....they give legitimacy to a clown candidate in the form of $2 B worth of free airtime during the primaries.

We even have evicence of one of the major networks in cahoots with the Clinton campaign to promote their "pied piper"strategy.

They arent as crazy as Fox and Breitbart, but no Republican candidate will ever get a fair shake. 

How they treated Mitt Romney was an absolute fvckin scandal

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the-major-mainstream-media-hate-mitt-romney

Everything in that article (from The Daily Beast BTW) is from columnists, of which Medved is one.

Columnists write opinions. They have political agendas, as does the editorial page of almost every newspaper in existence, whether it's The NY Times or WSJ or The Telegraph or The Sun or NY Post.

And seriously... Gail Collins? She herself admits talking about the dog for the ten millionth time. That's her style. Taking the piss to make her point. She's amusing at times, but hardly a big player in setting the agenda.

Meanwhile, the whining about the MSM continues unabated even as the right utterly dominates the radio, Fox News boasts about its cable news ratings, Sinclair Media buys up local tv stations all over the place, slipping their political slant into local newscasts, and the right wing pretends that they don't have any influence on the public discourse.

Regardless, the right has bought into Trump, lock, stock and barrel. The RNC has even renengaged with the campaign of the suspected adolescent girl enthusiast on the back of Trump's influence.

Gabriel_Hurl

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/deutsche-bank-is-said-to-have-received-subpoena-on-client-trump

QuoteSpecial prosecutor Robert Mueller zeroed in on President Donald Trump's business dealings with Deutsche Bank AG as his investigation into alleged Russian meddling in U.S. elections widens.

Mueller issued a subpoena to Germany's largest lender several weeks ago, forcing the bank to submit documents on its relationship with Trump and his family, according to a person briefed on the matter, who asked not to be identified because the action has not been announced.

"Deutsche Bank always cooperates with investigating authorities in all countries," the lender said in a statement to Bloomberg Tuesday, declining to provide additional information.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 05, 2017, 12:43:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 05, 2017, 12:09:51 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 05, 2017, 03:24:24 AM
Whitey, it's a tough spot All right that we find ourselves in now. Dems are rudderless and leaderless and completely drifting. The GOP just screwed over anyone not wealthy enough to know a senator or congressman. And please, let's not pretend trickle down works, or that Corp tax savings are spent on job creation. Or that the Dems were proposing anything other than the same auld shite.

So my good old fashioned safety net capitalism has no home. I can't abide our current CIC, (an American Ian Paisley) I think he is so utterly and completely out of his depth that it's not funny, and completely in the pocket of  his donors and others who may have leverage, but what politician isn't? However he is acting as if there is no tomorrow, and for me, with dual citizen children, I really believe he is doing my kids an injustice, giving the breaks to donors and screwing the poor with this tax bill. And his foreign policy, or complete lack thereof is mortgaging the place of the  US in this world. I still give him a pass if he kick starts the infrastructure bill, but at this point, the tooth fairy and santa are proposing and seconding the bill...

Screwed I tell ya. And not a single elected official with a plan.

I used to say vote C, none of the above, bit the fact that I think the status quo is better than where we are now speaks volumes...

And even with all that shite, I can't stand the false patriotism of Fox and Friends. What you call the MSM may be shite, but at least they aren't Cray Cray. The nonsense being peddled at this point in time will be viewed in the years to come as lunacy. But at least the MSM as some attempt at reality and truth and balance. Fails often but at least tries. Fox Breitbart, Trump Twitter, all complete and utter shite,  1984 ain't got shit on 2017. Doing a fundamental disservice to the middle class, Imbuing unfounded prejudice and hatred to a hard working population that deserves better health care, better education, more social mobility and the truth.

Maybe next time...

MSM are a big part of the reason were in this $hite

Every mainstream Republican was beating Hillary, so what does the MSM do.....they give legitimacy to a clown candidate in the form of $2 B worth of free airtime during the primaries.

We even have evicence of one of the major networks in cahoots with the Clinton campaign to promote their "pied piper"strategy.

They arent as crazy as Fox and Breitbart, but no Republican candidate will ever get a fair shake. 

How they treated Mitt Romney was an absolute fvckin scandal

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the-major-mainstream-media-hate-mitt-romney

Everything in that article (from The Daily Beast BTW) is from columnists, of which Medved is one.

Columnists write opinions. They have political agendas, as does the editorial page of almost every newspaper in existence, whether it's The NY Times or WSJ or The Telegraph or The Sun or NY Post.

And seriously... Gail Collins? She herself admits talking about the dog for the ten millionth time. That's her style. Taking the piss to make her point. She's amusing at times, but hardly a big player in setting the agenda.

Meanwhile, the whining about the MSM continues unabated even as the right utterly dominates the radio, Fox News boasts about its cable news ratings, Sinclair Media buys up local tv stations all over the place, slipping their political slant into local newscasts, and the right wing pretends that they don't have any influence on the public discourse.

Regardless, the right has bought into Trump, lock, stock and barrel. The RNC has even renengaged with the campaign of the suspected adolescent girl enthusiast on the back of Trump's influence.

believe what you want.....the character assasination of Romney was nothing short of a disgrace

Remember the condescending put down of Romney over his Russia comments

NY Times-"His comments display either a shocking lack of knowledge about international affairs or just craven politics. Either way, they are reckless and unworthy of a major presidential contender," the editorial board wrote in March 2012 in an article titled "The Never ­Ending Cold War."

Heres Bill Maher

https://www.salon.com/2016/11/07/bill-maher-liberals-cried-wolf-about-mitt-romney-now-they-face-a-genuine-fascist/

"I know liberals made a big mistake because we attacked your boy Bush like he was the end of the world. And he wasn't. And Mitt Romney we attacked that way. I gave Obama a million dollars because I was so afraid of Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney wouldn't have changed my life that much or yours. Or John McCain."

And the NY Times again

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/01/opinion/campaign-stops/crying-wolf-then-confronting-trump.html

J70

Seriously, you're going to whine about the "character assassination" of Romney after what Obama was put through?

If you believed the right, and this wasn't just the right wing media, this was the GOP politicians, all the way to the top of Congress (leaving aside the birther-in-chief), Obama was a Kenyan- born Muslim communist who wasn't legally entitled to be president and who hated white people and was bent on the destruction of Christian America.

Did Romney ever have a doppelgänger cast as the devil in a mainstream miniseries about Jesus?

I despise the negative and destructive execution of politics in the US, but this idea that it's all one-sided and that what happened to Romney was somehow out of the ordinary is laughable.

That he seems so mainstream and non-threatening in retrospect says little except that the current travesty in the Oval Office is so out of the historical norm and a representation of how fucked up and perverted the politics of the US right has become.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 05, 2017, 02:16:38 PM
If you believed the right, and this wasn't just the right wing media, this was the GOP politicians, all the way to the top of Congress (leaving aside the birther-in-chief), Obama was a Kenyan- born Muslim communist who wasn't legally entitled to be president and who hated white people and was bent on the destruction of Christian America.

There you go J70
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 04, 2017, 01:22:57 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/abc-news-reporter-brian-ross-suspended-serious-error-flynn-reporting-n825966

What's incorrect in that tweet??

Brian Ross of ABC spread news that this happened during the election. You sure can play dumb if you want to Gay.
ABC knowingly broadcasting lies. That's MSM for you.

Gabriel_Hurl

Spreading lies you say?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

surely not FakeNewsFox

Quote from: foxcommander on December 03, 2017, 12:03:26 PM
and just to note

MSNBC coverage of Kate Steinle trial over this weekend - 0 minutes.

It's not newsworthy.

foxcommander

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 05, 2017, 02:39:36 PM
Spreading lies you say?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Quote from: foxcommander on December 03, 2017, 12:03:26 PM
and just to note

MSNBC coverage of Kate Steinle trial over this weekend - 0 minutes.

It's not newsworthy.

Apologies
In that 48 hour span, they covered it a total of 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

Comprehensive.

Gabriel_Hurl

Swallowing that Fox and Friends propaganda hook, line and sinker.

You can't even form an original thought in that head of yours  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

foxcommander

Erm - so you don't post someone elses false tweets then Gay??  ;D
You liberals are hilarious.

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 01, 2017, 04:13:51 PM
Quote.@BrianRoss: Mike Flynn is "prepared to testify" against Trump, his family, & the campaign, including Trump ordering him to talk to Russians

Gabriel_Hurl

I think we can add "being unable to read" along with "forming an original thought" to things you are unable to do

whitey

Seriously, you're going to whine about the "character assassination" of Romney after what Obama was put through?

Did Romney ever have a doppelgänger cast as the devil in a mainstream miniseries about Jesus?

I despise the negative and destructive execution of politics in the US, but this idea that it's all one-sided and that what happened to Romney was somehow out of the ordinary is laughable.

That he seems so mainstream and non-threatening in retrospect says little except that the current travesty in the Oval Office is so out of the historical norm and a representation of how fucked up and perverted the politics of the US right has become.

Nice attempt at the bait and switch

The "right leaning MSM" (eg WSJ) did nothing of the sort to Obama whereas the left leaning MSM evicerated Romney at every turn

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 05, 2017, 03:19:57 PM

The "right leaning MSM" (eg WSJ) did nothing of the sort to Obama whereas the left leaning MSM evicerated Romney at every turn

Nice bait and switch by yourself... as if Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and so on were NOT the right wing mainstream media, to say nothing of politicians all the way up to John Boehner who indulged the birther bullshit of their caucus and constituency.

foxcommander

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 05, 2017, 03:02:14 PM
I think we can add "being unable to read" along with "forming an original thought" to things you are unable to do

You've said that twice. Very original Gay  ;)

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 05, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 05, 2017, 03:19:57 PM

Nice bait and switch by yourself... as if Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and so on were NOT the right wing mainstream media, to say nothing of politicians all the way up to John Boehner who indulged the birther bullshit of their caucus and constituency.

Haha....you do know where the birther controversy came from?

See much of the Obama "story" (just like the Elizabeth Warren story) was a manufactured pile of shite.   

When it suited them after he wrote his first book, his biography stated that he was born in Kenya (inside the cover of his own book)