Jackeens

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, May 16, 2011, 08:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

If anyone ever needed a reminder of why Dubliners are called Jackeens just switch on radio/tv etc this week to hear the tip the hat, sickening ,weak comments of the Dubiln folk in anticipation of the Queens visit

Farrandeelin

They're not all like this though. And isn't it any bloody wonder, I mean it's all over the shaggin' newspapers, media etc saying we should 'mature' as a nation and bow the knee to her and her armed forces. >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hardy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2011, 09:15:14 PM
They're not all like this though. And isn't it any bloody wonder, I mean it's all over the shaggin' newspapers, media etc saying we should 'mature' as a nation and bow the knee to her and her armed forces. >:(

Who said that? Don't be exaggerating.

(Do we really need another tiresome thread on this tiresome shite?)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Dont bother writing on the thread if you dont want it to continue. What else would you expect from the Royal County ;)

ONeill

It'd be some publicity coup if this is simply a Mercury-less Queen tour.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2011, 09:15:14 PM

I agree 100%, i am less annoyed about the visit of the British queen than I am about the sickening queen worship on tv3 and the independent newspaper etc telling the people how the people are so happy to welcome "the" queen. 30 million euro and us not with 2 pennies to rub together.

mannix

And Obama dropping in to garner the Irish American vote next year. And the lapdog gardai jumping through hoops to suit him and the almighty secret service.

liihb

Quote from: mannix on May 17, 2011, 03:45:26 AM
And Obama dropping in to garner the Irish American vote next year. And the lapdog gardai jumping through hoops to suit him and the almighty secret service.

What would you recommend the gardai do?? One of the most imbecilic comments ever
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

deiseach

Quote from: liihb on May 17, 2011, 01:10:47 PM
Quote from: mannix on May 17, 2011, 03:45:26 AM

What would you recommend the gardai do?? One of the most imbecilic comments ever

Demand to see his long form birth cert

liihb

Finally a sensible comment  :D
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

thejuice

Big Joe looking forward to meeting the Queen

Quote17 May 2011

Joe Sheridan will be on his best Royal County behaviour after being invited to meet the Queen at Croke Park on Wednesday.

Queen Elizabeth II is being welcomed to Croke Park tomorrow to tour the historic home of the GAA, with Croke Park personnel, GAA figures and a select number of players set to be present at the function.

The identity of all the players invited has yet to be released but a number of individuals invited have told of the honour, with Sheridan among them.

"I had a meeting with the GPA last week and I was fortunate to be asked by them to meet the Queen," explained Sheridan in the Meath News & Sport.

"I was honoured to be chosen and it's something that will go down in history so I was more than delighted to oblige.

"Things like this don't happen too often and to be a part of it will be something very special."

I wonder will he be introduced as "the person who caused more devastation in Louth than Cromwell". 
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016