Derry
Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

Shamrock Shore

Nah. I don't fully subscribe to the manager's assessment. Being there and being with other Longford folk there was no sense that the ref was riding us. Farrell deserved his two yellows for two awkward challenges. Shur, he knew it himself. One black card actually improved things and one happened so late it was immaterial.

What DOES seem to be true and, I am putting on the tin foil hat for this one, is that any time Longford play Ulster opposition, especially away, is that it's always an Ulster ref. Always. Now so what, you may say.....but some can get paranoid that all ye Ulster boys stick together!

Perhaps it's a subtle revenge for us inflicting Derek Fahy and John Bannon on ye  :-\

tonto1888

Quote from: Orchard park on February 11, 2018, 11:06:19 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 11, 2018, 11:02:39 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on February 11, 2018, 10:59:46 PM
How much did geezer drop to the ref ????

I spoke to Denis Connerton  tonight and have never heard a ,manager as deflated about refereeing

The ref made a lot of baffling decisions. Some benefitted Longford

A minority I'm told but the complaint wasnt  on bias alone it was on ineptitude as a starting  point

His ineptitude benefitted both teams at various points. As has been said, all cards given were correct. Longford may feel hard done by over our goal and for that I don't blame them, he did seem to take too many steps

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 12, 2018, 08:46:57 AM
Nah. I don't fully subscribe to the manager's assessment. Being there and being with other Longford folk there was no sense that the ref was riding us. Farrell deserved his two yellows for two awkward challenges. Shur, he knew it himself. One black card actually improved things and one happened so late it was immaterial.

What DOES seem to be true and, I am putting on the tin foil hat for this one, is that any time Longford play Ulster opposition, especially away, is that it's always an Ulster ref. Always. Now so what, you may say.....but some can get paranoid that all ye Ulster boys stick together!

Perhaps it's a subtle revenge for us inflicting Derek Fahy and John Bannon on ye  :-\

Didn't Wally Flood get a few inter-county games back in the day - we will never get Karma after that ...  :o
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath made hard work of beating a very poor Wexford in a bitterly cold Wexford Park yesterday. It might have been sunny but no warmth found its way into the stand. It would have been much more comfortable if we had taken any of the goal opportunities that presented themselves. We have steadily declined performance wise since the Derry game and we need to turn the ship around if we want to maintain our chances of promotion. Armagh are as good as up seeing as all their wins have come against 3 of the other 4 teams who have points on the board. Our next three games will see us join them or fade away out of contention.

Positives were the fielding and scoring from Heslin, a class act but we really need a better plan for our kickouts than lump it out to him. Luke took some nice points too but serious questions remain about his temperament, himself and Kelly had words back and forth at one stage in the second half when both should know better. Martin played well in patches, Jimmy Dolan made some hard runs and lads need to get their heads as I don't think they found him once. Good if not surprising to see Cooroon back on the field, less than 2 week after getting his appendix out.Good to see Gonoud back too.

You'd always take a 3 point win down in Wexford Park especially more so when you don't play particularly well. But they are in a bad way and are nearly unquestionably heading back to Division 4. Ben Brosnan looks a shadow of his former self and they are missing Lyng in a big way.They are missing their support too, who are probably concentrating on just the hurling. Two weeks now for Westmeath to turn the ship around, a win over Sligo will set us up for a good crack at promotion, lots to work on.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Throw ball

Sure a Cavan man would never give Armagh anything!

DuffleKing

Wasn't at the game but going on the highlights on LS we got away with the goal on two counts - foul on the defender and too many steps.

That said, we got so many ridings from referees last year that we are due the karma payback.

Speaking of brutal refs - one blessing from being in division 3 is that Paddy Neilan now seems to be a division 1/2 assignment so we can't be afflicted by his special version of officiating.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 12, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

Wasn't at the game but going on the highlights on LS we got away with the goal on two counts - foul on the defender and too many steps.

That said, we got so many ridings from referees last year that we are due the karma payback.

Speaking of brutal refs - one blessing from being in division 3 is that Paddy Neilan now seems to be a division 1/2 assignment so we can't be afflicted by his special version of officiating.
+1

magpie seanie

Sligo v Fermanagh refixed for next Sunday at 2pm in Markievicz Park.

LooseCannon

Offaly v Derry game which was called of late yesterday will now take place this coming Sunday at 2pm in Celtic Park, Derry

Jinxy

Quote from: Throw ball on February 12, 2018, 10:28:09 AM

Sure a Cavan man would never give Armagh anyone anything!

Never a truer word said.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rufus T Firefly

Wasn't able to get to our match yesterday but it sounds as though it was a rather fortuitous victory. Whilst I would have sympathy for the Longford folk here, it's not something I think we should beat ourselves up over, as this time last year we went through a league campaign where absolutely nothing went right from start to finish. I get a sense from listening to reports that it was not unlike our victory over Tipperary in the Athletic Grounds three years ago. Hopefully that is a good omen for the rest of the league.

If the match helps to bring a dose of reality into where exactly Armagh are in terms of development, then it may prove even more valuable than simply the two points gained over a potential promotion rival.

stew

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 12, 2018, 11:05:23 PM
Wasn't able to get to our match yesterday but it sounds as though it was a rather fortuitous victory. Whilst I would have sympathy for the Longford folk here, it's not something I think we should beat ourselves up over, as this time last year we went through a league campaign where absolutely nothing went right from start to finish. I get a sense from listening to reports that it was not unlike our victory over Tipperary in the Athletic Grounds three years ago. Hopefully that is a good omen for the rest of the league.

If the match helps to bring a dose of reality into where exactly Armagh are in terms of development, then it may prove even more valuable than simply the two points gained over a potential promotion rival.

Well put Rufus, I ran into Eamon at the game yesterday, we both thought we deserved at least a point from the game and the good news is that we are now winning games we would have lost two to three seasons ago, and that despite some of our best players being awol. Young Rafferty can take a score, damn. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 12, 2018, 11:05:23 PM

Ye beat us by 30 points. Hardly a disaster.

FermGael

Derry (v Offaly): Oran Hartin; Michael McEvoy, Kevin Johnston, Ruairi Mooney; Michael Bateson, Carlus McWilliams, Conor Doherty; Conor McAtamney, Emmett Bradley; Padraig McGrogan, Enda Lynn (C), Benny Heron; Peter Hagan, Terence O'Brien, Niall Toner. Subs: Ben McKinless, Aaron Bradley, Declan Cassidy, James Kielt, Mark Lynch, Conor McCluskey, Danny Tallon.

Derry have nemaed a panel of just 22 players.
Pep taken over Derry?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

twohands!!!

Quote from: FermGael on February 17, 2018, 10:35:24 AM

Derry (v Offaly): Oran Hartin; Michael McEvoy, Kevin Johnston, Ruairi Mooney; Michael Bateson, Carlus McWilliams, Conor Doherty; Conor McAtamney, Emmett Bradley; Padraig McGrogan, Enda Lynn (C), Benny Heron; Peter Hagan, Terence O'Brien, Niall Toner. Subs: Ben McKinless, Aaron Bradley, Declan Cassidy, James Kielt, Mark Lynch, Conor McCluskey, Danny Tallon.

Derry have nemaed a panel of just 22 players.
Pep taken over Derry?

Cork footballers haven't named a full 26 for any of their league games this year.

Maybe the upcoming Slaughneil v Nemo game has something to do with it?