BBC Sigerson snub

Started by bloody mary, March 02, 2007, 11:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody mary

You wouldn't know the Sigerson was on from the BBC sports website - not a mention

Bogball XV

yeah ridiculous isn't it!!  I mean, what, with the pulling power the sigerson has and all that......  I'd say there'll be hundreds attending over the weekend.

harps2002champs

NEEDED A BRAND NEW THREAD FOR THIS  ???

bloody mary

I also hear that they are refusing to send a camera to the games today cos they are only college games and they're afraid of upsetting irish league fans at teatime

full back

Jaysus, BM did you get sacked from your role as tea boy/girl in the BBC lately?

Syd The Sailor

In fairness to them their website had decent match reports and previews of quarter finals. But mens hockey with 2 people watching of course should take precedence.........
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Fionntamhnach

Coverage for the Sigerson Cup is overrated IMHO - reports on other university sports competitions rarely get mentioned on the BBC or UTV so really why should Gaelic Games be any different?

Gnevin

I think it a bit hard to get high and mighty with BBC when RTE can only show 1 NFL game out of 16, 2 weeks in a row . Has very few match reports on the web and aertel uses a random number generator to come up with the scores 9 times out of 10 . Also have they shown highlights of the early rounds of the Ring or Rackard Cups yet ? Let alone a full match ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Billys Boots

Quoteaertel uses a random number generator

I know him, and that's pretty close to the truth.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

dec

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6412997.stm

Queen's reach Sigerson Cup final

Hosts Queen's University are through to the final of the Sigerson Cup thanks to a 1-11 to 0-6 win over Cork IT.
They will play the University of Ulster Jordanstown or Sligo IT who are playing in the second of Friday's semi-finals.
The UUJ upset the odds by beating the holders DCU earlier in the competition and they will be determined to make it an all-Northern Ireland decider.
The final will be played on Saturday at the Dub playing fields in south Belfast with a 1430GMT throw-in.

Donagh

Quote from: dec on March 02, 2007, 04:12:34 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6412997.stm

Queen's reach Sigerson Cup final

Hosts Queen's University are through to the final of the Sigerson Cup thanks to a 1-11 to 0-6 win over Cork IT.
They will play the University of Ulster Jordanstown or Sligo IT who are playing in the second of Friday's semi-finals.
The UUJ upset the odds by beating the holders DCU earlier in the competition and they will be determined to make it an all-Northern Ireland decider.
The final will be played on Saturday at the Dub playing fields in south Belfast with a 1430GMT throw-in.

I'm sure they will. For God and Northern Ireland, righto

Billys Boots

QuoteGod and Northern Ireland

Is that not mutually exclusive?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2007, 04:34:44 PM
QuoteGod and Northern Ireland
Is that not mutually exclusive?

No I think it's God and Ulster who are inextricably linked Billy.

bloody mary

If you look really hard, you might be able to find the Sigerson results down at the bottom, way below all the really important news in Northern Ireland...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/default.stm

bloody mary

Note the sports bulletins on UTV and BBC this evening...

Saw Logie at the Dub, he'll be showing the Sigerson

The beeb didn't send a camera. I bet they'll be all irish cup and rugby. Balance?