Croke Park sets the standard for coexistence - An English Perspective

Started by Dinny Breen, March 01, 2007, 08:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 02, 2007, 03:30:07 PM
I love the way people use Wikipedia as a definitive source for information :D

Wikipedia's brilliant for soliving arguments. You just type in an article, supporting your point of view and then quote it and bingo, you win.

Billys Boots

QuoteI love the way people use Wikipedia as a definitive source for information 

In fairness, there's only one person on the board who thinks it's definitive.   ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 02, 2007, 03:30:07 PM
I love the way people use Wikipedia as a definitive source for information :D

It's far more definitive that the ramblings i seen on this thread , at least wiki cites a source or two not what a mates mates mates mate granny told them  ::).
To be honest i was just sick of looking at a 4 page thread over the usage of the words great and mainland , when the original post was quite interesting
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Billys Boots

Quotefar more definitive that the ramblings i seen on this thread

How much more?  10%, 31.6%?  We'd all love to know.

brokencrossbar1

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

I am a wiser man than I was ten minutes ago.   ;D  Thanks for your hard work AZ, I thought you were supposed to be busy. 

thejuice

Quote from: tayto on March 01, 2007, 10:40:38 AM
He was going so well till he said replace the hill!  ;D

Even I think the hill should stay. Its nothing to do with tradidtion or the name. the hill gives great athmosphere to Croker. I still remember when the Dubs finally managed to beat us after 7 years of trying ;D in 2002 the view of all the arms waving and hands clapping on the hill was spectacular.  By the Way when lansdownes built its bye bye rugby and soccer as far as im concerned. Thats whats in the deal that was struck.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016