The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 05, 2010, 10:50:48 PM
QuoteRoll on  Saturday!

Typical Bangwagoner doesn't even know when the games are..

Anyway Spurs have done well and I'm sure it's nice for Fearon, Wobbler, Owenmoresider et al who would have put with some abuse over the last few years, enjoy the UCL boys.

Oh no, you've sussed me out,  ::)

magpie seanie

Delighted for Spurs and think they deserved it. Produced the goods in the big games more often than not in marked contrast to their opponents. Compare citehs pitiful reaction to the concession of a goal with ten minutes to go to how a team like United would reply. They can go aon about Fergie time all they like - if they'd an extra half hour tonight they wouldn't have scored. If Hughes was still manager at least they'd have a bit of guts about them. Got what they deserved for their treatment of him alone.

Anyway, back to Spurs. Look at what Redknapp has done in about 18 months. Its simply incredible. He needs to be cute in the summer but has a decent squad to build on.

What odds Celtic v. Spurs in qualifiers with Keane (who will undoubtedly be offloaded) ineligible due to a clause in his contract?

Norf Tyrone

Well done Spurs. Glad they got that fourth spot as they are a lot more positive (Except at Old Trafford!!) than the other teams that chased fourth. City's negativity astounds me somethimes.

Don't f**k it up in Belarus now lads!!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 05, 2010, 11:24:44 PM
Delighted for Spurs and think they deserved it. Produced the goods in the big games more often than not in marked contrast to their opponents. Compare citehs pitiful reaction to the concession of a goal with ten minutes to go to how a team like United would reply. They can go aon about Fergie time all they like - if they'd an extra half hour tonight they wouldn't have scored. If Hughes was still manager at least they'd have a bit of guts about them. Got what they deserved for their treatment of him alone.

Anyway, back to Spurs. Look at what Redknapp has done in about 18 months. Its simply incredible. He needs to be cute in the summer but has a decent squad to build on.

What odds Celtic v. Spurs in qualifiers with Keane (who will undoubtedly be offloaded) ineligible due to a clause in his contract?

Brilliant point about the way Hughes was treated Seanie, it's karma.

Spurs will make the group stages in a canter i would imagine, they wil do well in the group, they are an exciting team to watch and they are only going to get better.

City have a pouting superstar in Tevez, he is a cancer at the minute, they just off loaded another prima donna that thought he could swan off to south America whenever he wanted and I have to ask, how the feck can a team with this much cash only have one premiership standard keeper on their books? shame on the management team for that as well.

When the rubber hit the road, this cast of millionaires could not get it done and they lost games they absolutely had to have, United twice and the spuds.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2010, 10:25:58 PM
This is typical Spurs. They'll get close to 3rd, c**k it up with a last minute goal on Sunday, then c**k up the CL qualifier against Mallorca, exit the Europa early and finish mid-table. Redknapp will financially ruin the club as he has every other, be jailed for a year, and normality will be resumed.

You gotta love their cotton socks.

You are as bitter as that tulip that manages the arse, he is a begrudging fecker as well. Is it so hard to just say well done Spurs,  Shane?

I hope ye lose and they win at the weekend, Arse might hold his breath and pout for a month if that happens.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Yeah, would be funny if Sunday was St Arseholehnil Day!

Main Street

Very good win tonight against Man City.
I enjoyed that second half performance. Spurs now closing in on third place, if not this season, then next.

ross4life

The world reacts to city not qualifying for the  champions league

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hound

Well done to Spurs. They deserve 4th place.

I thought it was very funny the way Craig Bellamy ran over to Harry at the end to embrace him!! "sign me up Harry, sign me up!"

CL qualifier very early next season will be massive. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stew on May 05, 2010, 11:45:14 PM

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 05, 2010, 11:24:44 PM

Brilliant point about the way Hughes was treated Seanie, it's karma.

Spurs will make the group stages in a canter i would imagine, they wil do well in the group, they are an exciting team to watch and they are only going to get better.

City have a pouting superstar in Tevez, he is a cancer at the minute, they just off loaded another prima donna that thought he could swan off to south America whenever he wanted and I have to ask, how the feck can a team with this much cash only have one premiership standard keeper on their books? shame on the management team for that as well.

When the rubber hit the road, this cast of millionaires could not get it done and they lost games they absolutely had to have, United twice and the spuds.

Eh? Tevez's baby was seriously ill, so was he not right to go back?

They had Given, and Stuart Taylor injured, and Joe Hart on loan, so they had 3 premiership keepers on their books, not one. Still. Should not have been allowed to sign Fulop though.

seafoid

Man City's problem was too many draws earlier on. They drew 12 matches and lost only 7 or so, same as Chelsea I think.
For Spurs the CL draw is everything. FC Zürich got a handy draw last year and made it to the group stage whereas Celtic didn't.   

AFS

Quote from: seafoid on May 06, 2010, 09:03:34 AM
Man City's problem was too many draws earlier on. They drew 12 matches and lost only 7 or so, same as Chelsea I think.
For Spurs the CL draw is everything. FC Zürich got a handy draw last year and made it to the group stage whereas Celtic didn't.

FC Zürich were in the Champions section of qualifying, while Celtic were in the Non-Champions section.

Spurs will be in the Non-Champions section, so won't get anyone as handy as the Slovenian or Latvian champions. The handiest it'll get for them is Romanian or Swiss runners up, but they could end up with Sevilla, Lyon, Porto, Ajax, Werder Bremen, Galatasaray, Dynamo Kyiv, Zenit St. Petersburg...

J OGorman

"City have a pouting superstar in Tevez, he is a cancer at the minute"

what an absolute pile of turd

well done to the Spurs

Norf Tyrone

Is this the first time 3 teams from the one city have qualified (If Spurs don't f**k it up) for the Champions league. Nightmare for the UEFA suits.

Doogie Browser

Did you see the list of teams Spurs can possibly meet? No easy teams (as it stands now) Sky listed them last night, some big hitters in there. 
Well done to Spurs delighted that Gareth Barry has to make do with the Europa League.