The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern_Pride

Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Mickey Linden

I seriously think Spurs ave the team and more importantly the squad to challenge for a top 4 spot!

stiffler

Quote from: Mickey Linden on August 22, 2009, 09:53:08 AM
I seriously think Spurs ave the team and more importantly the squad to challenge for a top 4 spot!

Just because 'arry speaks like that doesnt mean you all have to!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

You on drugs Mickey?

Maybe you can beat UTD to it...Can't wait to St Totterings day again!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 22, 2009, 10:01:38 AM

You on drugs Mickey?

Ye never know Pat......sure didn't Everton qualify with half a team? And sure Burnley beat Unite anything could happen now!

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 22, 2009, 02:00:02 PM

You on drugs Mickey?

Ye never know Pat......sure didn't Everton qualify with half a team? And sure Burnley beat Unite anything could happen now!

There is an outside chance of Spurs finishing top four, bookies have them at 11/4 which I still think is a bit short considering how much the sky four has been a closed shop in recent seasons, not to mentipn the Citeh factor.

As I've said before top six would be a success this season.

Owenmoresider

I'd be content with 6th, will be hard to dislodge the Sky four, plus City could be able to gel and make a good run of it, so it would be some going to finish higher. At least Villa and possibly Everton haven't kicked on or are going backwards, so 6th is well within our grasp.

2-1 at the moment, going back to the top tonight if it stays that way. Always a sweet one to beat those c***ts.

thewobbler

If Palacios doesn't miss too many games over the season then Spurs won't be far off Champions League places. They've more strength in depth across the board than anyone except Chelsea. But there's nobody to replace Wilson - not with the attacking nature of the rest of Harry's midfield anyhow.

An Gaeilgoir

i have been following Spurs for the past twenty years, why do we always set uorselves to be laughed at. Wait til Christmas before making top 4 comments. Todays performance was very shaky in spots and  we were very lucky to end up with all three points. If we finish top 6 and a cup final, great, as for top 4, we are miles away yet in terms of the team and mental strenght.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 23, 2009, 05:53:03 PM
i have been following Spurs for the past twenty years, why do we always set uorselves to be laughed at. Wait til Christmas before making top 4 comments. Todays performance was very shaky in spots and  we were very lucky to end up with all three points. If we finish top 6 and a cup final, great, as for top 4, we are miles away yet in terms of the team and mental strenght.

Jesus, Tourmakeady, Mayo and Spurs. Not easy for ya is it! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 23, 2009, 05:56:28 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 23, 2009, 05:53:03 PM

Jesus, Tourmakeady, Mayo and Spurs. Not easy for ya is it! ;)

It will some treble though when it comes up!" :D

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 22, 2009, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 22, 2009, 02:00:02 PM

You on drugs Mickey?

There is an outside chance of Spurs finishing top four, bookies have them at 11/4 which I still think is a bit short considering how much the sky four has been a closed shop in recent seasons, not to mentipn the Citeh factor.

As I've said before top six would be a success this season.
i think spurs and city will be way ahead of everyone else in the race for 5th place, and I think that the gap between the top 4 and the rest is slowly closing, helped to no end by City.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2009, 04:52:38 PM
An easy three points against Birmingham at home this weekend will set us up nicely for the visit of Man Ure on Sept 12th a game I will be attending. ;D
Blind loyalty Tony is admirable but do not count your chickens, you have had egg on your face too many times on here  ;)

thewobbler

I don't see how making 7 changes from your 1st team is a signal that your are taking the Carling Cup seriously.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: T Fearon on August 27, 2009, 12:32:40 PM
Another super show last night, 5-1 away to a Championship side is not to be sniffed at, particularly with a weakened side.

But should we taking the Carling Cup so seriously when we have bigger fish to fry?

We play a weakened side yet we're taking it so seriously ? Hmmmm.

Carling Cup is still our most realistic chance of a trophy this season albeit it one that isn't held in that high regard but it still shouldn't be snubbed altogether.