OWC neantderthals being left further behind

Started by T Fearon, August 09, 2007, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

i see tony got his name in the irish news today again - this time for winning a uefa dvd.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 03:00:29 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 09, 2007, 02:46:07 PM
what was that you were saying about whatchaboutery in the other thread EG? ::)

you just displayed it in full with that post there mate.

No "whataboutery" at all.

Fearon posted an item about GAA sponsorship. I responded with one of my own about GAA sponsorship. That's how threads work.

TFearon posted a story of an actual sponsorship (cross community, Gaa for all etc)
you responded with a story (fairy tale) regarding a 'supposed' failed sponsorship bid due to a 'potential' problem

thats exactly like for like  ::)

one of the brothers grimm it seems  :D

Orior

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 02:40:05 PM
"McCulla's, who have numerous business links with the Republic, say the deal is all about getting their name out in front of new customers"

All that publicity and for a fraction of the cost of sponsoring a crap county like Antrim. Clever guys those McCullas, I'll give them that!  ;)

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone the other day who had been trying to secure sponsorship for a local soccer venture in NI. They were talking to a prominent Catholic businessman in the area, to see whether he might help. It seems he was not at all averse, but in the end declined, since he is already a sponsor of GAA in the same area, and he made it clear that the shit he'd get from certain quarters in the GAA (i.e. for supporting a "garrison" sport) made it more trouble than it was worth.

Oh well.

Crikey, that GAA man was talking to evil genius, who hates all things gaelic. Boy, did he have a lucky escape!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 09, 2007, 04:50:36 PM
TFearon posted a story of an actual sponsorship (cross community, Gaa for all etc)
you responded with a story (fairy tale) regarding a 'supposed' failed sponsorship bid due to a 'potential' problem

As I say, you can choose to accept it, or not - I'm hardly bothered if you don't.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Mentalman

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 05:23:54 PM

As I say, you can choose to accept it, or not - I'm hardly bothered if you don't.

:)The fact that you feel the need to keep on responding suggests that your are, in fact, bothered
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

his holiness nb

Quote from: Mentalman on August 09, 2007, 05:26:40 PM
:)The fact that you feel the need to keep on responding suggests that your are, in fact, bothered

:D :D :D :D

Was thinking the same thing
Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2007, 04:55:14 PM
Funnily enough, I was talking to someone the other day who had been trying to secure sponsorship for a local soccer venture in NI. They were talking to a prominent Catholic businessman in the area, to see whether he might help. It seems he was not at all averse, but in the end declined, since he is already a sponsor of GAA in the same area, and he made it clear that the shit he'd get from certain quarters in the GAA (i.e. for supporting a "garrison" sport) made it more trouble than it was worth.

Oh well.

Crikey, that GAA man was talking to evil genius, who hates all things gaelic. Boy, did he have a lucky escape!

Bloody Hell!

Donagh scoffs because it was a "friend of a friend" story, but you do so because I was talking directly to the source himself...

Let me try once more:

I was talking to a person who had been talking to a GAA sponsor.

Me - Contact - GAA sponsor

(Jaysus, sometimes this Board is harder work than Father Ted trying to explain perspective to Father Dougal... ???)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Mentalman

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 05:33:01 PM

Oh well.

Bloody Hell!

Donagh scoffs because it was a "friend of a friend" story, but you do so because I was talking directly to the source himself...

Let me try once more:

(Jaysus, sometimes this Board is harder work than Father Ted trying to explain perspective to Father Dougal... ???)

So I take it you're still not bothered?  :)
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

stew

"McCulla's, who have numerous business links with the Republic, say the deal is all about getting their name out in front of new customers"

All that publicity and for a fraction of the cost of sponsoring a crap county like Antrim. Clever guys those McCullas, I'll give them that!  ;)

Oh well.

Or maybe he had pumped tens of thousands into the GAA and had spent his budget for the year and didnt fancy throwing an IFA team a  couple of hundred quid to be their main sponsor.

That story sounds like a bunch of s**** to me.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2007, 06:04:45 PM
Or maybe he had pumped tens of thousands into the GAA and had spent his budget for the year

That story sounds like a bunch of s**** to me.

It would actually have been a lot easier for him to have said that and no-one would have been any the wiser.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Orior

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 05:33:01 PM

Oh well.

Bloody Hell!

Let me try once more:

Well then how do you get to Carnegie Hall?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stiffler

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 05:23:54 PM

Yea we will accept everything you say  :-\
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009