Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punt kick

Quote from: Hardy on September 25, 2017, 12:14:26 PM
Quote from: punt kick on September 25, 2017, 11:56:04 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 10:59:47 AM
😂😂😂😂.No one was ever forced into believing.My allegiance is to the beliefs of the Church,emanating from the Apostles,not the Church as an institution.In all organisations back in the day,hardship and physical punishment was the name of the game,from canes in school,right up to capital punishment, which still exists in some USA states.Put aside your Catholic hatred and ensure salvation for your soul

They were thousands forced into sexual exploration by the Catholic Church .... 

:o  I don't think so.

The guardian of the GAABOARD, I meant exploitation as well you know it.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 12:35:01 PM
Stupid Punt.I feel you vastly over estimate my capacity to and range of influence.Also exactly what form of discrimination does any Christian Church,much less a Christian individual exercise,and against whom?

I'm guessing you have had a very bad personal experience,church related.If that is the case I genuinely feel sorry for you.It is not good however to have such pent up hatred.

Maybe it steams from having Father Gerard McQuillan from Portydown as a parish priest when he was abusing all round him.  And if you think the Catholic Church hasn't ruined millions of lives you have your head up your ass.

T Fearon

The handful of paedophiles masquerading as priests ruined lives.The Church has provided pastoral guidance as well education,health,social and charitable services (SVP,Trocaire etc).to billions for.countless generations.

easytiger95

Lads is it not bad enough Tony putting himself up on a cross, without us handing him the nails? Lock the thread, for God's sake.

The Gs Man

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 03:09:32 PM
The handful of paedophiles masquerading as priests ruined lives.The Church has provided pastoral guidance as well education,health,social and charitable services (SVP,Trocaire etc).to billions for.countless generations.

A handful assumes 5 at the most.

FFS Tony, give your head a shake.
Keep 'er lit

playwiththewind1st

A handful? A pathetic paedophile denier is nearly as bad as the paedophiles themselves. If that's your brand of Catholicism, go rot in hell, where you belong.  You're obviously sub-human, after that type of comment. Trouble is, you're clearly in league with the moderators on here, who seem to protect you & indulge your bile, in spite of being told about the evil crap you spout.

tonto1888

Now Tony, I'd be defensive when people insinuate most priests were at it but we both know there has been far far more than a handful.

tonto1888

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 25, 2017, 01:28:23 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 10:11:56 AM
Did I ever say that was right? What has human organisational failure got to do with individual belief in God?

Isn't it just great that you can sum up the activities of a worldwide paedophile ring that went unchallenged for no one knows how long as a "human organisational failure". That's a creative use of the English language, in anyone's book. Step forward & collect your special Lourdes medal, for services to shoring up the the Rome paedo brigade's reputation.

And shite like the last sentence here is bang out of order too

T Fearon

In the context of the vast body of priests the paedophiles who infiltrated the sacred office were a handful relatively speaking.In fact family members were involved widely in paedophilia so is the family unit to be condemned?

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 10:11:17 PM
In the context of the vast body of priests the paedophiles who infiltrated the sacred office were a handful relatively speaking.In fact family members were involved widely in paedophilia so is the family unit to be condemned?

What's the numbers? 10%? It mentioned a figure in the film spotlight and given the amount of priests there are, it is a lot more than a handful

T Fearon

In the context of a vast array of clerics,the paedophiles who defiled the office were but a mere handful,relatively speaking,way below that of family members who abused their own kith and kin,teachers,sports coaches etc.

Paedophilia is and always has been a blight on mankind,it has infiltrated every profession and all churches,and in the past has been mishandled by all organisations. Only anti catholic haters concentrate on the Catholic Church in this regard as if,bizarrely,it was confined to the Catholic Church.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 11:06:17 PM
In the context of a vast array of clerics,the paedophiles who defiled the office were but a mere handful,relatively speaking,way below that of family members who abused their own kith and kin,teachers,sports coaches etc.

Paedophilia is and always has been a blight on mankind,it has infiltrated every profession and all churches,and in the past has been mishandled by all organisations. Only anti catholic haters concentrate on the Catholic Church in this regard as if,bizarrely,it was confined to the Catholic Church.

I'm not anti catholic and we are not talking about any other organisation or family unit here. This is about the Catholic Church and to dismiss the number of priests who have abused kids as a mere handful is doing the victims a disservice. It was more gab a mere handful.

imtommygunn

A mere handful makes it sound like it wasn't that big a deal at all. Really you do not have the attitude of a very christian person at all as you continually display. I respect true faith and know quite a few who have it but your faith in no way deserves and respect.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
Non believers will not be admitted.That is those who have reached the age of reason,heard the gospel and sadly rejected it.There also is no transfer market in or out of heaven.Scripture is clear about this.

As I get older I see more and more sense in the Calvinist doctrine of presdestination,i.e. Your eternal destination is mapped out by God before you are born.

As you say there is no transfer market. What if you have believed in the wong god. On another thread OmaghJoe danced away from this issue. You just ignored it. It seems to be a difficulty for you

punt kick

I think Sean Brady was in charge then too - and at no mass was a thing mentioned about it, not an apology nothing.