(Spoilers)Making a Murderer - for those who have watched all 10

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, January 04, 2016, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Avery's defence were mostly about highlighting the inefficiencies of the police investigation and the possibility of Avery being framed. Latterly they focussed on the problems regarding the justice system during the appeal process.
It has recently come to light that a lot of the key evidence against Avery was omitted from the film by the programme makers and some of it is quite important.
I think the murder was committed by someone on the Avery site. Not 100% sure it was Avery and I think there was more than enough reasonable doubt not to convict him.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2016, 12:20:17 AM
Quote from: stew on January 04, 2016, 11:42:09 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 04, 2016, 11:09:04 PM
Stew have you watched the series?

From the series there doesn't appear enough evidence to convict of murder. From the added material onlineive read since the series it paints Avery differently but still I don't see enough evidence to convict. I'm not saying he is innocent but those cops made a mess of the case at least from the what the series showed.

As for bobby Dassey he didn't seem capable of any of it and manipulated by the cops.

Any comment on the 18 years he did for a crime he didn't commit?

The problem is the series is rigged, if they thought he was guilty you would not have a series, too much money on the line to say he was guilty!

Yes, I have a comment on the 18 years he did for rape which he didn't commit, it was a disgrace, he did not deserve to spend a quarter or more of his life in jail for something he did not do, I will take that a step further, I hope if anybody tampered with the evidence at his rape trial gets caught and does some serious time, time should be added for the murder he is in for now because they helped cause that situation.

The Avery trial was Wisconsin's OJ trial, it was intense and hardly anyone thought him innocent, especially in Manitowoc and Two Rivers, the immediate area, the man is guilty all the way in my opinion.

...there was little or no money involved. Two filmmakers spent the better part of a decade covering the case, it started long before Netflix had any interest in original content ffs.

All of what you're saying it even addressed in it and it's quiet clear why locals and the general public thought he was guilty - the cops planted evidence, the same cops he was in the process of suing in a civil case for his first wrongful conviction no less, and Kratz made an absolutely incredible attempt to taint the jury pool with his grandstanding press conferences, none more so than the clearly rubbish confession they squeezed out of a mentally challenged 16 year-old.

You're making a show of yourself to be frank. You so clearly didn't watch the series because anyone who did couldn't hope to gloss over the glaring inaccuracies and tampering by the State and the police, who had a very good reason to pin the murder on Avery and whose involvement in this case at all should be a massive red flag to any person looking at the case halfways objectively. The takeaway is how utterly broken the justice system is in America.

I watched yhe thing in real time and do not need to watch something that is slanted, its a bit like MSNBC or FOX, these two set out on a mission to make money and money and infamy they will make.

Armstrong did walk on the moon, true story!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 05, 2016, 06:38:23 AM
I think Bobby and Brendan are getting mixed up in this thread.

Brendan is the one locked up, not Bobby.

Seriously Stew, just watch the damn program.

Why, they left out key pieces of evidence ffs! They are looking attention and to make money and it is working, I lived here during this trial and the overwhelming majority of people wanted him convicted based on the evidence, why would I watch a contrived, agenda driven piece of crap from a couple of low integrity journos!

Syferus

Quote from: stew on January 05, 2016, 12:01:20 PM

Why, they left out key pieces of evidence ffs! They are looking attention and to make money and it is working, I lived here during this trial and the overwhelming majority of people wanted him convicted based on the evidence, why would I watch a contrived, agenda driven piece of crap from a couple of low integrity journos!

Keep diggin. And keep hanging on to irrational positions.

east down gael

Stew,you have to admit though that some of the circumstances of the case are worrying. I can't believe they didn't find the key until the 7th search,that's just too far fetched. The lack of her DNA is also baffling. I'm in no way convinced he's innocent,even his lawyers at the end didn't seem sure, but I'm neither sure of his guilt.

DownFanatic

I was surprised during the trial that Avery didn't testify. Either him and his counsel believed that their case was that strong that he didn't have to or counsel was worried that the prosecution would rip him to shreds.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2016, 12:08:17 PM
Quote from: stew on January 05, 2016, 12:01:20 PM

Keep diggin. And keep hanging on to irrational positions.

You seem the type to believe anything you wstch, read or see, the journos have sheep all over the world signing a petition to free a murdering coward, funny, everybody I know over here knows he is guilty but you sheep, 3000 mile away know better because two evidence hiding hacks tell you so! No point debating the point, you tree huggers are beyond help!

stew

So. Let me get this straight, I lived through this trial that was akin to the OJ trial in terms of coverage in Wisconsin, I have known the details of this case for a decade, as does most people from the area, you feckers have known about the case since December the 185th and are now, based on ten hours of viewing a Netflix show, subject matter experts on the innocence of a psychotic piece of shit like Avery? f**k away aff you clampetts, seriously!

Syferus

Quote from: stew on January 05, 2016, 06:08:43 PM
So. Let me get this straight, I lived through this trial that was akin to the OJ trial in terms of coverage in Wisconsin, I have known the details of this case for a decade, as does most people from the area, you feckers have known about the case since December the 185th and are now, based on ten hours of viewing a Netflix show, subject matter experts on the innocence of a psychotic piece of shit like Avery? f**k away aff you clampetts, seriously!

Like talking to a parrot. Nothing will make you even doubt what are dubious at best convictions.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2016, 06:18:05 PM
Quote from: stew on January 05, 2016, 06:08:43 PM

Like talking to a parrot. Nothing will make you even doubt what are dubious at best convictions.

You people are incredibly arrogant, December 17th 2015 the vast majority of you never heard of Avery, feck this thread, it is bringing up bad memories but you eejits keep signing petitions to release this ****, and when he gets released and kills again,i will hold you accountable on here you fecking eejits!

PadraicHenryPearse

Stew did you sit the jury? did you go to the trial to view it? Your knowledge of this appears to be from locals and their conversations around the time of the trial. Public opinion should not be used to convict a man and intellectually challenged boy for life.

I don't have the local knowledge you do obviously but sometimes looking at something from an outside point a view is better. Your opinion of that family seems to already have him convicted like he was incorrectly for 18 years.

As I said early and as a few other have said there appears to be a lack of evidence to convict of murder and questionable police work during the investigation.

Not sure why you get so agressive in your responses.

east down gael

I don't think everyone on this thread is a tree hugger who thinks he's innocent,signed a petition and wants him released stew. It was a very interesting,thought provoking piece of television and people are naturally curious. The fact you were living in the area at the time must give you a fair insight into the case, be fascinating to hear your thoughts on why you're so sure of the pairs guilt.

Smokin Joe

Seems like Stew is not on his own.  This is from: https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/3zlpi2/as_a_resident_of_manitowoc_county/cyn96vx

QuoteAgreed, as one who grew up in Sheboygan and is still nearby.

Local media (and radio) is so uniquely and collectively anti-Avery/Dassey. Liberal media? They dismiss the documentary (since it would make them look bad for their reporting at the time) Conservative media? They dismiss it too (radio host this morning this morning, 7:37 am (Newstalk 1130AM WISN), discussed Avery briefly on the air, said he isn't going to watch the documentary, and wouldn't talk further on "that turd of a person"... comments conveniently absent from their published podcasts for today.)

Dan O'Donnell, who was in the show during Episode 8, talked about it for an hour on Jan 30th, but said he doesn't need to watch the documentary, because he lived it. Spouted same talking points as prosecution, even bringing up Brendan's phone call in transcript, but not knowing anything about the police interview earlier in the day that prompted the call. His public contact information is on his page: http://www.newstalk1130.com/onair/common-sense-central-37717/

And yeah, "Common Sense Central" for his page.

Eh...either media outlet, and talking to people around here...you have a vast majority who did not watch it, never will, but Avery is "a turd of a person". Harder to find people who did watch it, but those who did are really in Avery's corner.

I locally worry about those that may end up interacting with the Manitowoc Sheriff. Someone who saw this show, getting pulled over by a Manitowoc Sheriff? That's tense right there. I'll be going to Manitowoc soon, hope not to get pulled over or anything.

But yeah, I'd hate to say we're not ostriches, but they way it's painfully playing out around here, it seems that we are. I'll keep the open mind and hope that Manty Sheriffs don't bury me.

stew

f**k ye all............................... I am on episode 4 and I am saddened by the way Avery was treated in the sexual assault case, some of those bastards should be in prison!

My heart goes out to the two known victims of sexual abuse that happened to the women after he was imprisoned.

It's funny the way your mind plays tricks on you, I would have sworn Avery's IQ was 84 for some reason, not 70, the nephews was about the same.

This brings up some bad memories, for some reason it hit home more that the Simpson trial ever did, probably the close proximity of the thing.

The main men for the prosecution should be in prison right now the bastards, as usual the cops cover their collective asses.

I am profoundly sorry that Avery lost 18 years of his life, although a low life piece of crap his entire life he deserved better than that!

How the f**k can you live with yourself stitching people up?

I am entering the meat and potatoes of this documentary, but I already know a lot of what is coming and I will say this, the kids want nothing to do with him and some go as far as to say that they wish he had never got out, why? because he was a bully and a manipulator and they knew he was a vile, evil bastard!