The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Predictable as f**k at this stage. Great goal, miss some easy chances (Sturridge!!), amateur hour at the back.

Draw fair result.

under the bar

Klopp will be lucky to see Christmas if this form continues surely? ;D

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on October 01, 2017, 06:30:07 PM
Predictable as f**k at this stage. Great goal, miss some easy chances (Sturridge!!), amateur hour at the back.

Draw fair result.
Aye fair enough result alright. Fair play to Rafa, if there was anyone you wouldn't begrudge getting a point it's him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Quote from: under the bar on October 01, 2017, 06:33:44 PM
Klopp will be lucky to see Christmas if this form continues surely? ;D

Don't think so.    United kept Jose last season through some worse performances including the embarrassment of his tactics at Anfield and that seems to be paying off this year. Might change if the draw's turn into defeats though

Frustrating

rodney trotter

Difference being it was first season.  Klopp in his third season.,and already out of the title race.

Obsessing over Van Dijk ,as if he was only central defender out there.

laoislad

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 01, 2017, 06:53:49 PM
Difference being it was first season.  Klopp in his third season.,and already out of the title race.

There's only 7 games gone and Livepool are only 2 points off 3rd and 1 point behind last years Champions who are in 4th.
It's not exactly a crisis just yet.

Need to improve alright and start converting the chances being created,but as usual there will be an over reaction to every game Liverpool don't win.Usually by those that don't even support the club.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Were Liverpool ever considered title contenders? a top 4 finish would be the objective i can imagine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on October 01, 2017, 07:07:42 PM

There's only 7 games gone and Livepool are only 2 points off 3rd and 1 point behind last years Champions who are in 4th.
It's not exactly a crisis just yet.

Need to improve alright and start converting the chances being created,but as usual there will be an over reaction to every game Liverpool don't win.Usually by those that don't even support the club.

Ffs keep your hair on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 01, 2017, 07:43:41 PM
Two Tickets to Liverpool and United Sunday 14th October 12.30 kick off. Tickets are in the liverpool end and cost £55 each will accept £120 for the pair of the tickets can be lifted in armagh.

No time wasters please calls only

Feck you'll hardly get Liverpool ones looking tickets after that performance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Newcastles equalizer was dreadful defending on behalf of the Liverpool central defenders, static and square with the striker in between them, this lot are a dream to watch going forward at times and a nightmare at the back pretty much all of the time, Liverpool are seventh and that in itself is a credit to their forwards, I know they are struggling of late but they are carrying that lot at the back and that adds a lot of pressure when you think you are going to ship one at the back every time an opponent goes forward.

A defensive overhaul in Jan/Summer is required or they can forget about a title or even Europe next season.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

under the bar

Quote from: stew on October 01, 2017, 08:20:30 PM

A defensive overhaul in Jan/Summer is required or they can forget about a title or even Europe next season.

Hey now, easy on!!  You're Liverpool after all! Your always going to win the to the title next season!! ;)

Orior

Quote from: stew on October 01, 2017, 08:20:30 PM
Newcastles equalizer was dreadful defending on behalf of the Liverpool central defenders, static and square with the striker in between them, this lot are a dream to watch going forward at times and a nightmare at the back pretty much all of the time, Liverpool are seventh and that in itself is a credit to their forwards, I know they are struggling of late but they are carrying that lot at the back and that adds a lot of pressure when you think you are going to ship one at the back every time an opponent goes forward.

Who is the defensive midfielder?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hound

I know the initial positioning wasn't great, but Matip was very unlucky with the goal. Defence was rarely troubled otherwise.

A pity Can wasn't brought on instead of Ox, as I'd say he would have buried that header at the end from Moreno's cross.

Thought Wijnaldum was poor. Contributed nothing. I know Can makes plenty of mistakes, but he also makes things happen and tries to drive the team forward, never hides.

Avondhu star

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 01, 2017, 07:43:41 PM
Two Tickets to Liverpool and United Sunday 14th October 12.30 kick off. Tickets are in the liverpool end and cost £55 each will accept £120 for the pair of the tickets can be lifted in armagh.

No time wasters please calls only

Waving the white flag already!
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Gabriel_Hurl

Salah a national hero today - sending Egypt to their first WC since 1990