The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

First thing I thought when I saw the FSG statement was they were covering themselves as they knew he would hand in a transfer request.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

James Pearce saying that the club are denying any transfer request.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 11, 2017, 12:38:05 PM

The transfer rumour mill really is an industry in itself. To be honest if Barcelona were offering 100m early in a transfer window, I'd take it. I like Coutinho, and I'd prefer him to want to stay, but he's still inconsistent, and if there was time to replace him, I'd take it.

Problem now of course is the season is about to start, and because FSG have failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently, LFC just cannot afford to lose him at this stage.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2017, 12:42:20 PM

The transfer rumour mill really is an industry in itself. To be honest if Barcelona were offering 100m early in a transfer window, I'd take it. I like Coutinho, and I'd prefer him to want to stay, but he's still inconsistent, and if there was time to replace him, I'd take it.

Problem now of course is the season is about to start, and because FSG have failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently, LFC just cannot afford to lose him at this stage.

I would agree with that.
Coutinho is a fantastic player, one of the best attacking MF in the league, but if he wants to go and you are getting £100m + for him i would reluctantly take it.
The issue is getting a replacement.

the likes of Sigurdson and Lanzini are good players, but both a considerable step down
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 11, 2017, 12:57:20 PM

I would agree with that.
Coutinho is a fantastic player, one of the best attacking MF in the league, but if he wants to go and you are getting £100m + for him i would reluctantly take it.

the likes of Sigurdson and Lanzini are good players, but both a considerable step down

Not in the same league. To be honest if he's gonna go you would probably be better trying to get one of the barca squad players as part of the deal,like rafinha. At least you know you are getting someone decent and barca will be desperate to get the deal done so you should avood getting screwed on valuation.

If you have no replacement lined up and £100m in the pocket
You're f**ked in trying to negotiate a sensible price.

johnneycool

Quote from: TabClear on August 11, 2017, 01:14:13 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 11, 2017, 12:57:20 PM

I would agree with that.

Not in the same league. To be honest if he's gonna go you would probably be better trying to get one of the barca squad players as part of the deal,like rafinha. At least you know you are getting someone decent and barca will be desperate to get the deal done so you should avood getting screwed on valuation.

If you have no replacement lined up and £100m in the pocket
You're f**ked in trying to negotiate a sensible price.

Look it lads, he's gone. When Barca or Real come calling the Latino's they're gone, simple as.
Would you want to play with Jordan Henderson or Messi week in week out?

You just gotta hope Liverpool don't spunk the money on the latest Andy Carroll when in a panic.

Jeepers Creepers

quit yo jibbajabba

Meltdown on twitter lol

Let him go. Not half the player suarez was. Just disappointin to know the yanks wont spend the cash so team doesnt benefit. Terrible timin on phils behalf too.

Fitba. Bloody hell

Hereiam

Lads football is a business and this would be seen as good business

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hereiam on August 11, 2017, 02:19:06 PM
Lads football is a business and this would be seen as good business

Not at this time. Good business in June maybe, not in August with no one to replace him.

Walter Cronc

No harm lads but if you's get 110 million thats serious business.

It's just the timing thats the problem. You's can now have the Ox for 40 now :)

AZOffaly

Aye, but *just* the timing is quite a big *just*.

Minder

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 11, 2017, 02:25:02 PM

Yeah I don't have an issue with him going, as it's obvious he wants to go, but this has been brewing for a while and to be left with no replacement this late in the day smacks of incompetence
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2017, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 11, 2017, 02:25:02 PM

Yeah I don't have an issue with him going, as it's obvious he wants to go, but this has been brewing for a while and to be left with no replacement this late in the day smacks of incompetence

Welcome to the world of Arsenal fans!!  ;D

AZOffaly

Go away outta that, this world is called Liverpool. Torres, Suarez and now maybe Coutinho.