The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Fantastic result. Coutinho was brilliant. Can't understand how some on here want him sold.
4 away wins in a row now but can't buy a win at home,can't even remember the last game they won at home.
Nothing guaranteed​ yet regarding 4th spot. Wouldn't be shocked to see Middlesbrough get a point.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: Boycey on May 14, 2017, 03:38:13 PM
I suppose we'll have a week now of you lot saying they can't be trusted to beat Middlesbrough  ;D

Such is our lot in life! :)

TabClear

Great performance but West ham were awful. Still dodgy on set pieces. 

I see dirk kuyt banged in a hatrick today to clinch the league for feyenord. His 2nd best hatrick ever!! 8)

laoislad

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 14, 2017, 02:34:54 AM
If Klopp and Liverpool manage to hold on to a top four finish, will he be considered a success.
When you take into account the injuries they've had and the lack of any sort of squad depth then I think it can be considered a successful season if indeed they do get 4th.

Also after today's results Liverpool are guaranteed to finish ahead of the most expensive squad in the history of the game  so then I think it can be considered an ok season.

I would expect a lot of changes in and out during the summer, hopefully if they can scrape into the Champions League then they will be able attract players they otherwise might not have been able too. I won't be happy until the final whistle next Sunday and then sure there is the possibility of a Champions League playoff and nobody wants to do an Everton and lose that.
There's a bit to go yet before they are actually in the Champions League.

Milltown Row2

Only won because I didn't back them! Should be a good bet for minus 2 next week though  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on May 14, 2017, 06:40:16 PM
Great performance but West ham were awful. Still dodgy on set pieces. 

I see dirk kuyt banged in a hatrick today to clinch the league for feyenord. His 2nd best hatrick ever!! 8)
Brad Jones is their Goal keeper. Had a decent season also by all accounts.

The Stallion

Liverpool will finish top 4. It's been a foregone conclusion for quite some time despite what some here would have us believe. It's shocking that Klopp hadn't wrapped it up weeks ago given Liverpool's ridiculously easy run-in.

Overall it's been a really poor season under Klopp. Again. Performances even when winning have been generally awful. There is no reason to believe he is capable of turning things around. Hopefully he is replaced next season.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: The Stallion on May 14, 2017, 09:03:53 PM
Liverpool will finish top 4. It's been a foregone conclusion for quite some time despite what some here would have us believe. It's shocking that Klopp hadn't wrapped it up weeks ago given Liverpool's ridiculously easy run-in.

Overall it's been a really poor season under Klopp. Again. Performances even when winning have been generally awful. There is no reason to believe he is capable of turning things around. Hopefully he is replaced next season.

All yes really poor again, only 14 points better off from this time last year. 75 goals scored where only the champions Chelsea 76 goals has scored more.

Liverpool weren't favourites to reach the top 4 before the season started and are just one win away from securing a top four finish now and if they do win against Middlesbrough i think the time will have finally come for you to give credit to Klopp and stop playing this repetitive routine nonsense. 

Minder

Isn't it funny that they can score goals when they actually try. Hopefully same team next week and there should be as many goals v Boro
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Stallion

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 14, 2017, 09:30:09 PM

All yes really poor again, only 14 points better off from this time last year. 75 goals scored where only the champions Chelsea 76 goals has scored more.

Liverpool weren't favourites to reach the top 4 before the season started and are just one win away from securing a top four finish now and if they do win against Middlesbrough i think the time will have finally come for you to give credit to Klopp and stop playing this repetitive routine nonsense.

"All yes really poor again, only 14 points better off from this time last year" 
in his first season Klopp took Liverpool to 8th. I'd like to think the average man on the street could improve on that shite. And he wouldn't deserve praise for doing so.

"if they do win against Middlesbrough i think the time will have finally come for you to give credit to Klopp"
Performances have generally been awful under Klopp. His transfer activity has been awful. He has been found wanting tactically time and time again. His grinning idiot interviews playing to the masses have been nauseating viewing. You can give credit to Klopp if you so choose but in my opinion he has done a terrible job and deserves no credit. Winning or losing a game against an already relegated side won't change my opinion.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: The Stallion on May 14, 2017, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 14, 2017, 09:30:09 PM

"All yes really poor again, only 14 points better off from this time last year" 
in his first season Klopp took Liverpool to 8th. I'd like to think the average man on the street could improve on that shite. And he wouldn't deserve praise for doing so.

"if they do win against Middlesbrough i think the time will have finally come for you to give credit to Klopp"
Performances have generally been awful under Klopp. His transfer activity has been awful. He has been found wanting tactically time and time again. His grinning idiot interviews playing to the masses have been nauseating viewing. You can give credit to Klopp if you so choose but in my opinion he has done a terrible job and deserves no credit. Winning or losing a game against an already relegated side won't change my opinion.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D fummin

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on May 14, 2017, 09:38:16 PM
Isn't it funny that they can score goals when they actually try. Hopefully same team next week and there should be as many goals v Boro
If they can't batter a team that's dead and buried they don't deserve a top 4 finish.

trueblue1234

I think even Stallion will have to acknowledge the outstanding job Klopp has done this season. To bring this treadbare squad to a possible top 4 finish is outstanding. Potentially finishing ahead of Man U and Arsenal. I just hope we can hold on to him. Fantastic manager.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

The Stallion

I won't have to. He's done a really poor job so far at Liverpool. Strangely he seems to enjoy universal support from all my fellow Liverpool supporters.

Syferus

You're trying way too hard with the troll account for it to be effective, Stallion. Like watching a bad comic not knowing when to cut their losses.