McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Cork secretary Murphy was urged to step down by the hurlers during that dispute but declined to do so. Earlier this month he announced he would be vacating the post, probably in 2010, but possibly 12 months later

You've heard it here first but Frank Murphy will be in situ until 2011, mark my words.

dowling

Will he be retiring at all or has he just transferred to Armagh? Surely he's the root of the problem there.

dowling

Is there an elephant in the room being ignored here?
The footballers were all ready to throw their weight behind the hurlers even though they had done to Teddy Holland what the hurlers did to Ger but in addition got the man they wanted and as far as they were concern all the pieces were in place. And up until Sunday it seemed that way. While as a 'layman' I'd argue the management maybe didn't perform on the day I would have to say the players have much more to answer for. Is it just me or is there a lesson to be learned by the strikers here?

dowling

See the ladies footballers are up in arms now because of the failure to rearrange fixtures to accommodate their All-Ireland.
Have I now got this thread all to myself? At last an opportunity to forego the bullshit and get the truth across to the masses. And about time too.
So anyone know the story with the ladies or are we all too macho and sexist to bother about ladies football even if Cork are in an All-Ireland final?

The GAA

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on September 24, 2009, 09:27:53 PM

you're asking yourself obviously...

Asking myself what?

"Two weeks ago, with the camogie, it was similar. You talk about the family of Gaelic games and supporting one another.

"The GAA could look at themselves and say if Cork get to a ladies football final or camogie final that those two Sundays in September be kept free..."
Mary OConnor Cork captain.
Fair point.

I just wonder did any of the ladies walk the streets of Cork in support of the hurlers and the fooballers.

heffo

Quote from: dowling on September 25, 2009, 01:01:57 AM
Quote from: The GAA on September 24, 2009, 09:27:53 PM

you're asking yourself obviously...

Asking myself what?

"Two weeks ago, with the camogie, it was similar. You talk about the family of Gaelic games and supporting one another.

"The GAA could look at themselves and say if Cork get to a ladies football final or camogie final that those two Sundays in September be kept free..."
Mary OConnor Cork captain.
Fair point.

I just wonder did any of the ladies walk the streets of Cork in support of the hurlers and the fooballers.

What about the shoppers (the one's who's numbers were greatly exagerrated by Reillers)  - did they march?

I know they certainly didn't attend Cork league fixtures in either code..

dowling

Well done to the Cork ladies on a fantastic achievement without having to resort to strike action/refusing to play  or attempting to bully anyone into leaving their post. Another lesson to be learned perhaps?

heffo

Quote from: dowling on September 29, 2009, 01:42:09 AM
Well done to the Cork ladies on a fantastic achievement without having to resort to strike action/refusing to play  or attempting to bully anyone into leaving their post. Another lesson to be learned perhaps?

Another feather in the cap of Frank Murphy. Cork have amased some success under his watch.

passedit

Dowling and heffo ponder Frank's 'impending' retirement.
Don't Panic

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: passedit on September 29, 2009, 10:25:34 AM

What a dull person you must be passedit .

deiseach

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on September 29, 2009, 04:43:24 PM
Quote from: passedit on September 29, 2009, 10:25:34 AM

What a dull person you must be passedit .

Duller than Beckett? Man, that's harsh

dowling

Anything from Donal's book to throw up anything new?

orangeman

The whole saga he describes on the Late Late as "a pity".

Bud Wiser

QuoteAnything from Donal's book to throw up anything new?

Well in describing how he received a phone call from his sister when he was in South Africa on a paid trip for the Cork team he tells as he did on tonights Late Late Show that he went back in and sat down to dinner, then the following week, instead of flying on to Spain to join the team in training he flew home instead. South Africa, Spain, and the comment directly prior to this was (in answer to Tubb's) that the GPA were needed to have the players looked after !  Looked up at more like when they are at 35000 feet flying around the world - they are already well looked after.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"