Excel Questions

Started by magickingdom, February 21, 2008, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I have a table which contains the date of car sales and includes the owners name and manufacturer.

Col A Col B Col C
Date Car Sold    Owners Name    Manufacturer
20-Jan-10 Jim Ford
19-Jan-10 JackBuick
22-Jan-10 Timmy Toyota
20-Jan-10 Anne Buick

How do I produce a bar graph which shows a count of the number of cars sold on each date?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

townof12

Add another column with the amount sold on each date.  Then highlight the dates and while holding the Ctrl key highlight the amount sold column.  You should then have two cell ranges highlighted.  Then look for your chart wizard icon or select Insert|chart and follow the guidelines.  Hope this helps

Orior

Quote from: townof12 on June 22, 2010, 11:19:56 PM
Add another column with the amount sold on each date.  Then highlight the dates and while holding the Ctrl key highlight the amount sold column.  You should then have two cell ranges highlighted.  Then look for your chart wizard icon or select Insert|chart and follow the guidelines.  Hope this helps

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, how do I produce a count of those sold on each day?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Advanced filter (unique records), copy to new range will identify the unique combinations.

=COUNTIF will count the number

I needed to concatenate the columns to get the COUNTIF to work
=CONCATENATE(TEXT(A2,"dd-mm-yy"),B2)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Never beat the deeler

Hi guys,

I have a list of coordinates, Eastings and Northings which, with my limited Excel knowledge I have managed to graph.

Is there any way of finding the area bounded by the points??
Hasta la victoria siempre

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 22, 2010, 09:16:22 AM
Hi guys,

I have a list of coordinates, Eastings and Northings which, with my limited Excel knowledge I have managed to graph.

Is there any way of finding the area bounded by the points??

guess not, then  :-\

Billys Boots

I had a look, but I think you'd need a mapping programme of some sort, for accuracy.

I guess you could do something through the triangulation method, but it wouldn't be automated.  How many 'points' are you talking about?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 22, 2010, 01:16:39 PM
I had a look, but I think you'd need a mapping programme of some sort, for accuracy.

I guess you could do something through the triangulation method, but it wouldn't be automated.  How many 'points' are you talking about?

Talking about ten pts, doesnt need to be accurate.... Cheers for reply, dont worry bout it. I can get someone else in the office to do it in CAD

Billys Boots

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 22, 2010, 01:33:57 PM

Talking about ten pts, doesnt need to be accurate.... Cheers for reply, dont worry bout it. I can get someone else in the office to do it in CAD

Are ye flogging sites out in Rakestreet??

Celt_Man

Lads, help needed ASAP.  I have a normal graph (XY Scatter with smooth lines) I have a line in the graph following my Y values (vertical axis) at my X points (horizontal axis) and all that is grand and no problem.

but I don't know how to do the following.... at my first X point I have my corresponding Y value to form the first point of the line.  But I also want to introduce two other separate Y values to form two other separate points.  These two new points along with extising point on the line are all under the same X valve and I want to form a straight line through these three points..

Can anyone help me out???
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 22, 2010, 02:00:09 PM

Woah... that needs to go in the 'Things that make you go WTF' thread!!! What do you know about Rakestreet??

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 22, 2010, 02:01:19 PM
Lads, help needed ASAP.  I have a normal graph (XY Scatter with smooth lines) I have a line in the graph following my Y values (vertical axis) at my X points (horizontal axis) and all that is grand and no problem.

but I don't know how to do the following.... at my first X point I have my corresponding Y value to form the first point of the line.  But I also want to introduce two other separate Y values to form two other separate points.  These two new points along with extising point on the line are all under the same X valve and I want to form a straight line through these three points..

Can anyone help me out???

You mean like a separate line?? Just add another Series in the chart properties, using pt 1 and the other two pts

Billys Boots

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 22, 2010, 02:26:33 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 22, 2010, 02:00:09 PM

Woah... that needs to go in the 'Things that make you go WTF' thread!!! What do you know about Rakestreet??

Ah now, that'd be telling.  :P

Never beat the deeler

Latest problem:

I have a list with recurring values. How fo I count the number of separate values?
eg if the range was 1,1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 10, 10
the number of values would be 7.

I dont want to count non recurring values as that would return 3

Tks

Billys Boots

Folks, I've a reasonably simple excel file with four worksheets - it doesn't have any jpegs/bitmaps in it and it's nearly 9MB.  What could be adding to its size?  There isn't masses of data in it either, and there are no links to anything outside the file.