Excel Questions

Started by magickingdom, February 21, 2008, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

This seems basic but for some reason I cannot get the correct values, some help PLEASE?

Please show the formulas you would use to solve this in Microsoft Excel? You need to calculate the selling price of the item and the total price for the sale. Cell A1 = item cost, Cell B1 = quantity to be sold, Cell C1 = mark up of the item over cost

It is driving me nuts, maybe not enough sleep.

Thanks,
DH
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

RMDrive

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on January 26, 2013, 06:49:50 AM
This seems basic but for some reason I cannot get the correct values, some help PLEASE?

Please show the formulas you would use to solve this in Microsoft Excel? You need to calculate the selling price of the item and the total price for the sale. Cell A1 = item cost, Cell B1 = quantity to be sold, Cell C1 = mark up of the item over cost

It is driving me nuts, maybe not enough sleep.

Thanks,
DH

Selling Price = A1*C1
Total value of transaction = A1*B1*C1

Orior

Wrong, unless you think C1 is a % and it is probably still wrong
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Wrong, unless you think C1 is a % and it is probably still wrong

For the above to work C would have to a 100%+the markup, i.e. selling price expressed as 150% of cost price, not 50% markup.  Otherwise  A1*B1*(1+C1) is needed where C1 is expressed as fraction or percentage.

If markup is a fixed amount, e.g 50c more then it would be something like (A1+C1) would be the price and then multiply by the quantity.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ludermor

Ok, back here again

I have a large PDF document ( a snag list) with approx 400 comments, each with an adjoining photo. I want to export this to excel so i can format and be able to sort/organise. I have Acrobat X so have no problem getting the text to excel but cannot find an easy way of getting the photos

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ludermor on February 22, 2013, 11:10:25 AM
Ok, back here again

I have a large PDF document ( a snag list) with approx 400 comments, each with an adjoining photo. I want to export this to excel so i can format and be able to sort/organise. I have Acrobat X so have no problem getting the text to excel but cannot find an easy way of getting the photos

Not sure about what is the best way but I think you may have to use a tool like irfanview to open the pdf, crop out the picture you want and then manually insert into excel. I am not sure there is a nice quick way to do it.

ludermor

cheers, that got all the photos on the hard drive but doesn't let me put onto the excel sheet, unless im missing something :)

mylestheslasher

You have to manually insert I presume using insert, picture...

ludermor

tried that but it wont let me sort, the picture wont stay in the cell.

ludermor

cheers , that works for a small sample but i have over 500 notes with 500 pictures! it looks like i will have to put each picture in individually !

Billys Boots

Do you get CPD points for loitering on this thread?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

oakleafgael

A quick one for the excel experts. Column A is a list of invoices numbers and Column B is the value of the invoices. The numbers in Column A are not ascending numerically as they should be. I can filter them to get them to ascend numerically but the values in Column B will not move accordingly. What is the solution?

Itchy

Select all the rows, go to sort button. Sort by column a. Column b will move with it.

oakleafgael

Thanks for that, something so simple.  :-[

dubai2000

Folks, anyone with a spread sheet with a formula for calculating depreciation of fixed assets for montly management accounts? I have been trying, but cant seem to crack it.
all help appreciated