Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Hereiam on June 24, 2010, 12:29:53 AM
Totally against this move by the southern government. Do people in the south really want her to visit. Has there ever been a poll carried out to see if see would be welcome. Anybody who has read up on their history willl know that the british monarch done alot of wrong to this country and its people too welcome that bitch over here. Let them stay where they are.

Well said.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

reddgnhand

Hows about a boat trip round Mullaghmore. It went down a bomb the last time her relatives did it.

thewobbler

That's right fellas, let's get ourselves in a tizzy about the visit of a head of state from our closest neighbour and strongest trade partner.

Some of you people would be happy to live in caves as long as it doesn't mean getting over the past.

Alco Pup

Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2010, 08:57:09 AM
That's right fellas, let's get ourselves in a tizzy about the visit of a head of state from our closest neighbour and strongest trade partner.

Some of you people would be happy to live in caves as long as it doesn't mean getting over the past.

Can we take it then that you will be one of the first in line waving a union jack and welcoming her then?

delboy

Quote from: Zapatista on June 24, 2010, 09:04:08 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2010, 08:57:09 AM

The contempt here is disgusting.

Isn't it about time you showed some maturity as a country and see it for what it is a visit from the head of state of another country. You don't have the french/dutch etc getting into a tizzy when the germans come calling.

sammymaguire

its a pure waste of taxpayers money, tell her to go on telly and address the nation from Buckingham Palace
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

thewobbler

QuoteCan we take it then that you will be one of the first in line waving a union jack and welcoming her then?
Why does it have to peaks and troughs you clown? I've the same level of interest in seeing her presence or protesting it. It makes no odds to my life, and it's not going to change histioy.

I'd imagine that although you despise the thought of the Queen visiting Ireland, you were also completely up in arms, disgusted and baying for blood when Martin Johnson blanked An Uachtaran. Yet you probably don't have the sense to understand how ironically stupid this is.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 24, 2010, 08:34:37 AM
Hows about a boat trip round Mullaghmore. It went down a bomb the last time her relatives did it.

Hardly our finest hour...

On 27 August 1979 at 11.15am, the IRA detonated a bomb in Mullaghmore, Co Sligo, killing Lord Mountbatten and three other people.

79-year-old Lord Mountbatten, his 14-year-old grandson and a 15-year-old local teenager named Paul Maxwell were killed when an IRA bomb exploded on board Lord Mountbatten's boat, the Shadow V, off Mullaghmore.

ziggysego

Can I just say, I couldn't give a flying woo-ha if she comes here or not. I'll stay out of the way. When she came to Omagh, I avoided the place for the day.

Testing Accessibility

Bud Wiser

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 12:33:30 AM
At what stage of the visit will she be offering an apology for what her armed forces have done in Ireland?

She can't do that because if she starts with 1798, goes on to the Black & Tans, Bloody Sunday and ends up with the present day she would be here for weeks apologising.

BTW Seafoid, we used to be called Queens County but it is no longer called that because we kicked the Brit's out of it.  Maybe she might go down to the Royal County and have a barbeque under the Wellington Monument in Trim.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Aerlik

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

So, where would you take Lily on her wee trip? Croker? The Curragh? Killarney? Or Killinarden?

Croker and Kilmainham, as a wee refresher of the crimes in Dublin then across to Connaught to the genocide region of 1845-49, in case she never heard of it.  But I'm sure she's been versed on these three.

If she does visit, then the justification of the bigots in the 6 counties from preventing the Holy Father visiting that part of Ireland, no longer holds any sway.  Can't wait to see the saccharin-sweet swooning of the quasi-imperialists from D4 getting revved up.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

seafoid

Da Ryles are different ryalty

If Liz Windsor's visit increased everyone's house price by 50K and turned NAMA into a cash bucket rather than a money sucking pipe you'd all be loving her. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Aerlik on June 24, 2010, 10:54:01 AM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

So, where would you take Lily on her wee trip? Croker? The Curragh? Killarney? Or Killinarden?

Croker and Kilmainham, as a wee refresher of the crimes in Dublin then across to Connaught to the genocide region of 1845-49, in case she never heard of it.  But I'm sure she's been versed on these three.

If she does visit, then the justification of the bigots in the 6 counties from preventing the Holy Father visiting that part of Ireland, no longer holds any sway.  Can't wait to see the saccharin-sweet swooning of the quasi-imperialists from D4 getting revved up.

You'd be better off boycotting CRH whose products are used to build settlements all over the West Bank and thereby make money for every Irish pension fund. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Billys Boots

QuoteThere is a clear hierarchy of victims in Ireland and it's shamefull.

What is this hierarchy, in your view?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Zapatista

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 24, 2010, 11:03:32 AM
QuoteThere is a clear hierarchy of victims in Ireland and it's shamefull.

What is this hierarchy, in your view?

Victims of church abuse and victims of state violence.