Quote from: J70 on October 16, 2017, 05:52:29 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on October 16, 2017, 05:22:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2017, 06:24:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 14, 2017, 04:32:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2017, 03:58:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 14, 2017, 03:26:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2017, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 14, 2017, 03:10:13 PM
Liberals seem to thing that the entire country is hanging on every word of people like Don Lemon and Jimmy Kimmel.

Really? Who claims that?

Foxcommander is the only one who brings Lemon up here. I've seen him on tv once, interviewing a bunch of eejits in the Keys, drinking it up while everyone else evacuated a few weeks back.

And Kimmel raised a lot of awareness about the issues with GOP attempts to reform healthcare. Whether you think he was right or wrong, he used his platform and was influential.

If only the same attention could be brought to what us going on in the EPA and Interior Dept.

My liberal Facebook friends claim that

The fawning over the late night comedy shows to the Las Vegas shooting was hilarious....who actually gives a $hit what these people think

LOL-And Jimmy Kimmel even got his talking points on healthcare from Chuck Schumers office

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/chuck-schumer-coached-jimmy-kimmel-behind-the-scenes-on-how-to-oppose-obamacare-repeal/

Do you think his viewers got a fair and unbiased interpretation of the issues?

Your Facebook friends = liberals.

Well by that standard based on some of my wife's relatives on my Facebook feed, Glenn Beck and Fox News and various other right wing commentators have the country spellbound with THEIR "wisdom".

And if you're going to whine about Kimmel getting talking points on some issue, you should pick a topic other than guns and the Vegas massacre. There is one rational and one irrational side, not two equally valid stances.

I never said  ALL liberals.....just Liberals generally.

I'm sure conservatives generally would agree with Glen Beck and Bill O Reilly more than they would agree with Rachel Maddow or Chris Hays

You didn't say "agree".

You spoke about them (liberals in general - i.e. most) apparently thinking that the whole country hang "on every word of people like Don Lemon and Jimmy Kimmel".

There's quite a lot that do J70.

There's even people on the left who pay attention to James Corden as some sore of role model ffs.
F*t t**ser.

And there's quite a lot of conservatives who pay attention to Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and even Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Charlie Daniels (why does "shut up and sing!" not apply to them?).

And I didn't even know James Corden had ever uttered a political opinion in public. He's renowned for his karaoke in the car skits.

The f*t t*t has been at it on his late night show. As if he wasn't already insufferable :D

At what?

Has he been telling jokes at the expense of poor widdle Donald?

The liberal mouthbreathers in the audience at the likes of Corden, Ellen, Kimmel etc would be cheering if the host took a dump on the floor and told them to clap. Speaking of turds

MSNBC's Joy Reid had announced that Irish people are all racists and wife beaters in her attempt to denounce John Kelly.

"Kelly grew up in segregated Boston, in an Irish Catholic neighborhood where women were bullied, not honored, and blacks scorned & rejected"

Then Frederica Wilson tried to claw back some credibility by saying that the phrase "empty barrel" which Kelly called her is a racist term. Scraping the bottom of the barrel more like it. Same old tactics when you've been caught out. Play the race card and call for Rev Al and the MSM.

So to all my liberal friends here isn't it great to be stereotyped? Which one of you are going to call for Reid's head?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

heganboy

QuoteThe liberal mouthbreathers

keep trying Foxy keep trying.
Speaking of Fox, here'll be nobody left there left by the end of next year at this rate, that one of the leading lights of the right haven't assaulted, last woman out turn the lights off.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on October 22, 2017, 08:27:42 PM

Speaking of Fox, here'll be nobody left there left by the end of next year at this rate, that one of the leading lights of the right haven't assaulted, last woman out turn the lights off.
[/q

Disgusting post by a complete hypocrite!
Rapists are rapists, predators are predators, their predilections are far more important to them than their allegiances to political entities, that said hegan, what you just posted is absolutely false and congratulations for showing yourself up for the leftist apologist that you are!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on October 22, 2017, 08:27:42 PM

There is no better way to describe them.

Nothing to say on Joy Reid? Do you agree?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on October 22, 2017, 07:10:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 16, 2017, 06:29:35 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on October 16, 2017, 06:00:38 PM
Liberals seem to thing that the entire country is hanging on every word of people like Don Lemon and Jimmy Kimmel.

Really? Who claims that?

Foxcommander is the only one who brings Lemon up here. I've seen him on tv once, interviewing a bunch of eejits in the Keys, drinking it up while everyone else evacuated a few weeks back.

And Kimmel raised a lot of awareness about the issues with GOP attempts to reform healthcare. Whether you think he was right or wrong, he used his platform and was influential.

If only the same attention could be brought to what us going on in the EPA and Interior Dept.

The fawning over the late night comedy shows to the Las Vegas shooting was hilarious....who actually gives a $hit what these people think

LOL-And Jimmy Kimmel even got his talking points on healthcare from Chuck Schumers office

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/chuck-schumer-coached-jimmy-kimmel-behind-the-scenes-on-how-to-oppose-obamacare-repeal/

Well by that standard based on some of my wife's relatives on my Facebook feed, Glenn Beck and Fox News and various other right wing commentators have the country spellbound with THEIR "wisdom".

And if you're going to whine about Kimmel getting talking points on some issue, you should pick a topic other than guns and the Vegas massacre. There is one rational and one irrational side, not two equally valid stances.

I'm sure conservatives generally would agree with Glen Beck and Bill O Reilly more than they would agree with Rachel Maddow or Chris Hays

You didn't say "agree".

You spoke about them (liberals in general - i.e. most) apparently thinking that the whole country hang "on every word of people like Don Lemon and Jimmy Kimmel".

There's even people on the left who pay attention to James Corden as some sore of role model ffs.
F*t t**ser.

And there's quite a lot of conservatives who pay attention to Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and even Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Charlie Daniels (why does "shut up and sing!" not apply to them?).

And I didn't even know James Corden had ever uttered a political opinion in public. He's renowned for his karaoke in the car skits.

The f*t t*t has been at it on his late night show. As if he wasn't already insufferable :D

At what?

The liberal mouthbreathers in the audience at the likes of Corden, Ellen, Kimmel etc would be cheering if the host took a dump on the floor and told them to clap. Speaking of turds

MSNBC's Joy Reid had announced that Irish people are all racists and wife beaters in her attempt to denounce John Kelly.

"Kelly grew up in segregated Boston, in an Irish Catholic neighborhood where women were bullied, not honored, and blacks scorned & rejected"

Then Frederica Wilson tried to claw back some credibility by saying that the phrase "empty barrel" which Kelly called her is a racist term. Scraping the bottom of the barrel more like it. Same old tactics when you've been caught out. Play the race card and call for Rev Al and the MSM.

So to all my liberal friends here isn't it great to be stereotyped? Which one of you are going to call for Reid's head?

Not to defend what she said (I don't know enough about 1950s Boston to comment, but they certainly didn't take school desegregation efforts lightly in the 70s), but where did Joy Reid say " Irish people are all racists and wife beaters"?

As for Reid herself, take her head if you like. I never heard of her before your post. But I certainly don't feel impugned (neither do you, unless you're also a product of 50s Boston?).

Boston does seem to be a "special" place though when it comes to racial issues. The Red Sox (the LAST MLB team to integrate) had to publicly apologise to a black baseball player THIS YEAR for the racist abuse he suffered. CC Sabathia has said Fenway is the only place he's ever been racially abused while playing. His words on the matter: "We know. There's 62 of us. We all know. When you go to Boston, expect it".

The five Boston major league sports teams are currently trying an initiative to cut down on racial abuse from fans. But, I'm sure there's Irish American Bostonians involved in these incidents...

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 22, 2017, 11:32:15 PM

Really? Who claims that?

You didn't say "agree".

F*t t**ser.

At what?

Not to defend what she said (I don't know enough about 1950s Boston to comment, but they certainly didn't take school desegregation efforts lightly in the 70s), but where did Joy Reid say " Irish people are all racists and wife beaters"?

As for Reid herself, take her head if you like. I never heard of her before your post. But I certainly don't feel impugned (neither do you, unless you're also a product of 50s Boston?).

Boston does seem to be a "special" place though when it comes to racial issues. The Red Sox (the LAST MLB team to integrate) had to publicly apologise to a black baseball player THIS YEAR for the racist abuse he suffered. CC Sabathia has said Fenway is the only place he's ever been racially abused while playing. His words on the matter: "We know. There's 62 of us. We all know. When you go to Boston, expect it".

The five Boston major league sports teams are currently trying an initiative to cut down on racial abuse from fans. But, I'm sure there's Irish American Bostonians involved in these incidents...

Whenever Liberals are losing an argument they start accusing people of rascism.....its the oldest trick in the book. 

FFS after the last election, voters who voted for Obama twice but switched to Trump were accused of rascism

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

Really? Who claims that?

You didn't say "agree".

F*t t**ser.

At what?

Whenever Liberals are losing an argument they start accusing people of rascism.....its the oldest trick in the book. 

FFS after the last election, voters who voted for Obama twice but switched to Trump were accused of rascism

Who did I accuse of racism?

What have I said that is untrue?

J70

Quote from: stew on October 23, 2017, 12:08:27 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 22, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

Really? Who claims that?

You didn't say "agree".

F*t t**ser.

At what?

The most racist people I have ever met are liberals.

And the most racist people I have ever met are conservatives.

There's a reason the GOP took over the south and continues to use racially tinged cultural wedge issues.

whitey

Well then youve never been to the (white part) of Chicago's South Side or South Boston...Democratic as the day is long and until recently a black person wouldnt have been safe to ealk down the street

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 23, 2017, 12:44:08 AM
Well then youve never been to the (white part) of Chicago's South Side or South Boston...Democratic as the day is long and until recently a black person wouldnt have been safe to ealk down the street

You're confusing me.

I pointed to the history and reputation of Boston and its continuing problem with a certain element when it comes to sports, and you accused me of playing the race card. Now, a few minutes later, you're confirming that parts of Boston have until recently been an unsafe place for black people.

BTW, I've never denied that racist people might vote Democratic or that Democratic-leaning districts might contain racist people. But there is only one party that runs on white resentment and has had two different chairmen apologize over the past decade or so for that fact, once in front of the NAACP.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 23, 2017, 01:18:52 AM

You're confusing me.

I pointed to the history and reputation of Boston and its continuing problem with a certain element when it comes to sports, and you accused me of playing the race card. Now, a few minutes later, you're confirming that parts of Boston have until recently been an unsafe place for black people.

BTW, I've never denied that racist people might vote Democratic or that Democratic-leaning districts might contain racist people. But there is only one party that runs on white resentment and has had two different chairmen apologize over the past decade or so for that fact, once in front of the NAACP.

There are extremely rascist people in South Boston and South side of Chicago, but to say that EVERYONE from those neighborhoods is rascist is no different than someone saying all black people are criminals.  (The MSNBC person alluded to this not you, and for her information Brighton, while Irish, is nothing like South Boston.....that would be like saying Tallaght and Foxrock are similar because theyre both South of the Liffey)

You said the most rascist people you have met were Republicans....the most rascist people I ever met were Democrats

heganboy

Quotethat said hegan, what you just posted is absolutely false and congratulations for showing yourself up for the leftist apologist that you are
Hypocrite, yes I am daily.
False though? Which part? Ailes and O'Reilly are racking up quite a list that is coming to light. Certainly a bit of hyperbole on my behalf, but not false.

It is great to see the abusers of power getting called out whether they be right left or middle of the road, and we can cherry pick to our hearts desire to justify our opinions to ourselves.

Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?
QuoteKelly grew up in segregated Boston, in an Irish Catholic neighborhood where women were bullied, not honored, and blacks scorned & rejected.

I think you'll find she's quoting Lawrene o Donnell? No?

As I have said on here before, the older Irish American demographic is in my own experience one of the most racist, intolerant groups in the North East.

Can Lawrence o Donnell use that to call out Kelly, I would have to say no chance, baseless and generalized bullshit.

I did have a lot of my hopes for this administration pinned firmly on Kelly's shoulders until this week though.  He fell into the trap of believing the briefings.  Can only assume that these are the same unchecked nonsense being doled out to other WH staff. Did he lose his moral authority as Friedman said? Bit of a stretch, but apologizing would be a great step forward. Doubling down and the swamp gets deeper.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 23, 2017, 02:00:10 AM
Quote from: J70 on October 23, 2017, 01:18:52 AM

You're confusing me.

There are extremely rascist people in South Boston and South side of Chicago, but to say that EVERYONE from those neighborhoods is rascist is no different than someone saying all black people are criminals.  (The MSNBC person alluded to this not you, and for her information Brighton, while Irish, is nothing like South Boston.....that would be like saying Tallaght and Foxrock are similar because theyre both South of the Liffey)

You said the most rascist people you have met were Republicans....the most rascist people I ever met were Democrats

That statement though, while true, was a pointless catty response to stew's pointless response. The equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?" So what if the most racist person or people you've ever met is or are Republican or Democrat? Doesn't really mean shit, same as any anecdote. What means something is what the party as a whole stands for and exploits and courts and tolerates.

Anyway, on the Kelly thing, I don't really care about Joy Reid. If she fucked up, then let her pay the price. There's bad behaviour all around on this issue, but Trump is the narcissistic idiot who initially politicized what should be a non-partisan issue concerning the understandably difficult task of reaching out to bereaved families of dead soldiers.

At this point I'm getting exhausted by Trump's appalling personal behaviour and faked culture war shit and am tuning out. Far more worrying to me is what's going on behind the circus with the EPA, Interior Dept, these proposed tax cuts, his sabotage of Obamacare, Dreamers and so on.

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on October 23, 2017, 05:18:25 AM
Quotethat said hegan, what you just posted is absolutely false and congratulations for showing yourself up for the leftist apologist that you are
Hypocrite, yes I am daily.
False though? Which part? Ailes and O'Reilly are racking up quite a list that is coming to light. Certainly a bit of hyperbole on my behalf, but not false.

It is great to see the abusers of power getting called out whether they be right left or middle of the road, and we can cherry pick to our hearts desire to justify our opinions to ourselves.

Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?
QuoteKelly grew up in segregated Boston, in an Irish Catholic neighborhood where women were bullied, not honored, and blacks scorned & rejected.

I think you'll find she's quoting Lawrene o Donnell? No?

As I have said on here before, the older Irish American demographic is in my own experience one of the most racist, intolerant groups in the North East.

Can Lawrence o Donnell use that to call out Kelly, I would have to say no chance, baseless and generalized bullshit.

I did have a lot of my hopes for this administration pinned firmly on Kelly's shoulders until this week though.  He fell into the trap of believing the briefings.  Can only assume that these are the same unchecked nonsense being doled out to other WH staff. Did he lose his moral authority as Friedman said? Bit of a stretch, but apologizing would be a great step forward. Doubling down and the swamp gets deeper.

Now that I think of it, the Kennedys have very strong ties to Brighton......and we all know about the Kennedys and violence against women.....breathtaking arrogance and hypocrisy from MSNBC, but I would expect no less

screenexile

So the Wife has come out on the side of Rep. Wilson . . . and Trump is arguing with her over Twitter.

The whole world is fucked lads!