Louth v Antrim Rd 1 Qualifier

Started by All of a Sludden, June 18, 2013, 11:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Only one previous championship meeting between the sides, back in 2004, when Louth won after extra time. The date and time for this game won't be decided until after the draw for the hurling qualifiers is made.
Despite the recent loss to Wexford, Louth have to be strong favourites for this game, though I'd prefer it to be played anywhere other than Drawda.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 18, 2013, 11:54:05 PM
Only one previous championship meeting between the sides, back in 2004, when Louth won after extra time. The date and time for this game won't be decided until after the draw for the hurling qualifiers is made.
Despite the recent loss to Wexford, Louth have to be strong favourites for this game, though I'd prefer it to be played anywhere other than Drawda.

Should grind out a 3 point win, if we play as bad as we did last time, if we throw caution to the wind we could lose by 6 and that will make most Antrim men happy ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Why is  1 Antrim Road playing Louth? I suppose it is a fair enough match.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

All of a Sludden

Good luck to Andy McDonnell, you can't blame him for going over to the States, he's not the first and he certainly won't be the last.

Gold

Did you not beat us in the 1912 All Ireland Final?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Gold on June 20, 2013, 12:37:20 AM

We did indeed. I should have said only one previous championship meeting in living memory.

The Brick

Have to go with Louth on this one after a devastating display putting away Laois like they were a minor team. To me Antrim, given the league form they have had, will find it hard to cope with the Louth forwards...hopefully im wrong and we see this one go down to the wire

Gold

Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 20, 2013, 01:40:39 AM
Quote from: Gold on June 20, 2013, 12:37:20 AM

We did indeed. I should have said only one previous championship meeting in living memory.

We choose to play against the wind that day (1912) after winning the toss. Wind totally changed round at half time. Typical!
Ref absolutely rode us too.

Titanic's sinking earlier that Spring was playing on alot of our boy's minds too.

Stand-in free taker had an off day.

Usual free-Taker got dropped as he wanted to go to a month's mind and then head on down by horse and cart.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Denn Forever

A win win situation for Gerry.

Louth should have too much for Antrim but hope springs eternal.  Do many of the St Gall team play with Antrim?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 20, 2013, 01:03:25 PM
A win win situation for Gerry.

Louth should have too much for Antrim but hope springs eternal.  Do many of the St Gall team play with Antrim?

6 players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Are these the two worst supported County Football teams outside the 4 Munster minnows?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

QuoteAre these the two worst supported County Football teams outside the 4 Munster minnows?

let's see what proportion of the London's population attend their game
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

All of a Sludden

Throw in is at 3pm on Saturday in Drogheda.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2013, 08:47:01 PM
Are these the two worst supported County Football teams outside the 4 Munster minnows?

Galway when they're not great don't travel too well either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 23, 2013, 12:49:10 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2013, 08:47:01 PM

Galway when they're not great don't travel too well either.

Derry, even when they are going well you could fit all their supporters on a mini bus.