Live to play

Started by All of a Sludden, February 05, 2013, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Sound advice from the Ulster Council, good to see the Likes of Big Joe involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WUEioXx_qwI

Slow Down.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

All of a Sludden

http://www.newrydemocrat.com/articles/news/31996/crossmaglens-kernan-blames-defeat-for-driving-offence/

A FORMER All Ireland winning captain of Crossmaglen Rangers has blamed the team's loss to Maghery for the fact that he was caught driving at more than 100mph.
Stephen Kernan, of Lurgancullenboy Road, came to the attention of police after he
was observed overtaking on solid white
lines, along the Newry Road, Armagh, on October 21.
Police followed the 30-year-old's Mercedes as it hit 110mph on a 60mph road.
Defence told Armagh Magistrates Court Kernan was returning from the Crossmaglen/Maghery match and "had not been focusing on the road" due to frustration at his team's loss.
"He takes sport very seriously and, after they got beat, his mind was not focusing on his driving," defence stated.
After reading two references on his behalf, District Judge Paul Copeland said he would give Kernan credit for his "plea and frankness" in response to why he was driving in such a reckless manner.
Describing it as a "highly excessive speed", the District Judge said Kernan is otherwise "a man of good standing and reputation as is evident in these references, both sporting and professional".
In addition to a two-month driving ban, Kernan was fined £300 with an additional £15 offender levy.
Bail to appeal was set at £400 and the defendant was permitted to drive pending
appeal.
Kernan is the son of former Armagh player and manager Joe Kernan and captained Crossmaglen through its All Ireland campaign and eventual win against Garrycastle last year. In June he and his three brothers enjoyed a Stormont reception hosted by Sports Minister Carál Ni Chuilín in acknowledgement of GAA success in the north.

muppet

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 05, 2013, 05:05:15 PM
http://www.newrydemocrat.com/articles/news/31996/crossmaglens-kernan-blames-defeat-for-driving-offence/

A FORMER All Ireland winning captain of Crossmaglen Rangers has blamed the team's loss to Maghery for the fact that he was caught driving at more than 100mph.
Stephen Kernan, of Lurgancullenboy Road, came to the attention of police after he
was observed overtaking on solid white
lines, along the Newry Road, Armagh, on October 21.
Police followed the 30-year-old's Mercedes as it hit 110mph on a 60mph road.
Defence told Armagh Magistrates Court Kernan was returning from the Crossmaglen/Maghery match and "had not been focusing on the road" due to frustration at his team's loss.
"He takes sport very seriously and, after they got beat, his mind was not focusing on his driving," defence stated.
After reading two references on his behalf, District Judge Paul Copeland said he would give Kernan credit for his "plea and frankness" in response to why he was driving in such a reckless manner.
Describing it as a "highly excessive speed", the District Judge said Kernan is otherwise "a man of good standing and reputation as is evident in these references, both sporting and professional".
In addition to a two-month driving ban, Kernan was fined £300 with an additional £15 offender levy.
Bail to appeal was set at £400 and the defendant was permitted to drive pending
appeal.
Kernan is the son of former Armagh player and manager Joe Kernan and captained Crossmaglen through its All Ireland campaign and eventual win against Garrycastle last year. In June he and his three brothers enjoyed a Stormont reception hosted by Sports Minister Carál Ni Chuilín in acknowledgement of GAA success in the north.

Isn't it great that they can be honoured in this way nowadays?
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

Quote from: muppet on February 05, 2013, 06:21:04 PM
Isn't it great that they can be honoured in this way nowadays?

'tis, great to see their own government give them a bit of recognition.

JUst retired

As a Maghery club member, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NAG1

Why are the GAA doing the government's job?