Biritish university hurling championship

Started by youngfella, November 01, 2008, 10:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Takes place next saturday in Birmingham. 10 teams in two groups will compete to win. IT is expected to be the strongest line up yet, with big universities like, LJMU, Napier and St Marys are expected to feature heavily, towards the business end to the tourney. Allow Dundee and RGU can never be discounted.
Pull hard and early

laoisgaa

Great to see a post about this - a top class competition - I've been over to it twice but unfortunately won't make it next weekend - are you taking part yourself youngfella?

Minder

Oh the irony of it, a thread about Higher Education hurling and we have the spelling "Biritish  "
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bredaghgael86

youngfella

Quote from: Minder on November 02, 2008, 08:18:17 AM
Oh the irony of it, a thread about Higher Education hurling and we have the spelling "Biritish  "

oo go mock the dyslexic,
Pull hard and early

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

youngfella

from what I hear will be two groups.

Group A
napier
st marys
leeds
RGU
Fullen geals

Group b
ljmu
oxbridge
dundee
liverpool hope
london u-21s

All game will be played on saturday the 8th. 6 games in one day for the two finalists.
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Napier Vs Moores final a repeat of last year final. After a brave effort by moores napier ran out winners, cup goes back to scotland for another year
Pull hard and early

Lecale2

Is that it over for the year or are there other competitions?

youngfella

there is the 7 sevens, internationals and the all stars. Left to go. The sevens being a joke, the internations being a piss up.
Pull hard and early

Rav67

youngfella

Pull hard and early

bredaghexile

when are the sevens played? are they played in birmingham as well?

youngfella

From what ive heard it'll be around the 14th of march, it was in stiring last year, so possibly there, but it could be somewhere in north of england, manchester or leeds
Pull hard and early

Aerlik

Any shinty players on the Scottish teams?  Would be like us adapting to AFL I suppose.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!