Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

St Johns V Rossa.
I'm going for a home win in a low scoring game.

Sleeping giant

Id go for St Johns win and at least 1 red card each. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Loughgiel 1:18 Ahoghill 0:09.  Only a point in it at half time, a very young Loughgiel team pushed on in the 2nd half in hard conditions.

Sleeping giant

Am hearing St. John's beat Rossa also.  Any Belfast men here know the score?

Mcquillans supporter

Sleeping giant

Sleeping giant

Chinned down our way means beat by a narrow margin,  Maybe even against the run of play.  So I was just looking a little more info.  Wasn't meaning to be smart.That will keep MR2 happy now anyway  :o

Mcquillans supporter

Cushendall beating dunloy good result considering tithe players they missing . How long did lgiel play with 14 men for?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 27, 2015, 09:58:37 PM
Chinned down our way means beat by a narrow margin,  Maybe even against the run of play.  So I was just looking a little more info.  Wasn't meaning to be smart.That will keep MR2 happy now anyway  :o

Shocked!! I've always liked Rossa
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

auld stock

ive been coaching underage in the club for a long time now. i have to say that honestly i would quit in the morning if i was told that the current trend will continue for much longer.fellas are coached from 6 & 7 years old by their clubs.they evolve into great hurlers & are invited to play with the county. im sorry but i cant  support any proposal where a hurler is effectively prevented from playing with his club from october of one year til aug (at best ) the clubs nurture  these players and the thanks they get is being told to mind their own business & just deal with it. i dont care what anyone says. if you cud look into a crystal ball & tell me that my club would win an all ireland club next but the price to pay was antrim never winning another game again. i'd tear your arm off.l'guile have shown that the dream is possible. which is more probable in antrim now. a club all ireland or one with the county??? now i'll sit back & wait for the torrent of abuse about being a traitor....blah blah blah. save me the flannel. the county team will never be any better until the clubs ( & i mean more of the clubs,not just 2 or 3) are better. people say dunloy are no good without shorty & woddy. c'dall mc manus graffin etc etc etc. the point is they shouldnt have to be any good without them. the players are club players representing their club at county level. they arent county players who clubs should be privileged to have when the county give the say so. the whole situation is scandalous.another note of caution bout throwing all our lot into leinster at underage. would that mean a good u16 hurler training 2nights a week with antrim, then travelling to kilkenny on a saturday ( as you would have no home fixtures) when would these lads get to play with their club?????     IMO we all need to ask ourselves what is a fair price to pay for rubert murdochs affection &  riches??? surely not the ruination of our clubs.

Sleeping giant

Eddie sent of in the 2nd half.  What was the full time score between dunloy and c,dall

Sleeping giant

Quote from: auld stock on May 27, 2015, 11:05:55 PM
ive been coaching underage in the club for a long time now. i have to say that honestly i would quit in the morning if i was told that the current trend will continue for much longer.fellas are coached from 6 & 7 years old by their clubs.they evolve into great hurlers & are invited to play with the county. im sorry but i cant  support any proposal where a hurler is effectively prevented from playing with his club from october of one year til aug (at best ) the clubs nurture  these players and the thanks they get is being told to mind their own business & just deal with it. i dont care what anyone says. if you cud look into a crystal ball & tell me that my club would win an all ireland club next but the price to pay was antrim never winning another game again. i'd tear your arm off.l'guile have shown that the dream is possible. which is more probable in antrim now. a club all ireland or one with the county??? now i'll sit back & wait for the torrent of abuse about being a traitor....blah blah blah. save me the flannel. the county team will never be any better until the clubs ( & i mean more of the clubs,not just 2 or 3) are better. people say dunloy are no good without shorty & woddy. c'dall mc manus graffin etc etc etc. the point is they shouldnt have to be any good without them. the players are club players representing their club at county level. they arent county players who clubs should be privileged to have when the county give the say so. the whole situation is scandalous.another note of caution bout throwing all our lot into leinster at underage. would that mean a good u16 hurler training 2nights a week with antrim, then travelling to kilkenny on a saturday ( as you would have no home fixtures) when would these lads get to play with their club?????     IMO we all need to ask ourselves what is a fair price to pay for rubert murdochs affection &  riches??? surely not the ruination of our clubs.
you are 110% right. Fair play.  I've said pretty close to this before also. It's club before county and if your fit to tog for the county well and good.

theskull1

There's no doubt about it, the length of the county season, its impact on regular club competitions and then there's the training requirements on the players themselves. This national model isn't working out for us. We don't have the hurling population or the motivation levels to properly sustain IC desires. Club fixtures have gotten so bitty, supporters are finding other things to do. I'd also prefer a period where clubs be given preference so our talented hurlers can enjoy their hurling and not feel like abject failures because there's simply not the want in enough people to get our game up to the standards of say the likes of Dublin or Wexford.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Those posts are music to my ears as they are the same points I have been making for a long time.

Corrigan was one way traffic - Rossa goal just before half time seemed like a life-line but the johnnies blew them away in the 2nd half as they had threatened to do in the 1st.
Physically stronger, worked harder off the ball, and basic stick work much better.
I did say the johnnies were that notional top belfast team!
Not much of a crowd at the game which was never that intense even after a red card for Rossa defender which barely ruffled St. John's feathers.

Good to see the club scene back despite the damage done to it by our county system.