The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Donnellys Hollow always a good man to give some advice on Horseys - Any info?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2020, 11:28:12 PM
Enough on the Virus, what tips are floating about for Cheltenham?

I'm going for Shishkin in the first!

Hopefully some of you went with my tip
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Targetman

Had it in a lucky 15, a nice win on Put the kettle on, going for Darver Star in the next

screenexile

Quote from: Targetman on March 10, 2020, 03:19:13 PM
Had it in a lucky 15, a nice win on Put the kettle on, going for Darver Star in the next

Waiting on Carefully selected for a couple of doubles to make it a reasonable day... obviously I'm doomed to fail!!

illdecide

Fancy Delta Work for Gold Cup...

All the Horsie men must be gone from the Board...back in the day this thread would be red hot
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

macdanger2

Quote from: illdecide on March 13, 2020, 03:13:50 PM
Fancy Delta Work for Gold Cup...

All the Horsie men must be gone from the Board...back in the day this thread would be red hot

On DW too, ew on monalee also. While it shouldn't have gone ahead, there have been some great races this week

beer baron

Galway really loses its lustre without the crowds. In saying that I'll be having a little bet in magnetic north this evening  ;D
Anyone with a fancy for the plate or hurdle?

screenexile

Stradivarius never looked like winning that race until the very last some horse!!

Hound

Oisin Murphy tested positive for cocaine in France - test taken back in July 2019.

He was informed on August 19 that his 'A' sample had returned positive for metabolites of cocaine. He said he immediately arranged for an independent laboratory to undertake hair sampling to prove his innocence. The sample was taken on August 22 and the results of the test, carried out on small segments of his hair, returned a negative result for any trace of cocaine.

He's awaiting his fate now, but a 6 month ban seems to be the standard if found guilty.

Oisin maintains that not only had he not taken cocaine in July, but that he's never touched the stuff in his life!

Will be interesting to see what happens. Dettori famously tested positive back in 2012, but admitted the charge and served his 6 month suspension.

GetOverTheBar

Helps keep the weight off him is all.

Hound

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 01, 2020, 03:02:44 PM
Helps keep the weight off him is all.
He did have an article in Sporting Life a couple of weeks ago, saying he put on a bit too much weight over lockdown, but luckily found it easy enough to shed.

He is vehement in his denials, so we'll see.

It is interesting that the 3 positive cocaine tests I'm aware of - Dettori, Havlin (like Murphy denied it, spent £100k on his defence, but ended up with an effective 8 month ban because the UK delayed imposing their ban) and Murphy were all taken in France, even though those riders were riding mostly in Britain.
I wonder is UK testing lax?

GetOverTheBar

Hmmm well the way it works is, he didn't test positive for Cocaine....Cocaine itself will flush out of the body in a day, maybe two/three depending on how much water you drink.

He tested positive for a metabolite, presumably Benzoylecgonine which will stay in your system that bit longer because of the acidity of it which would indicate that it was Cocaine he took with very little wriggle room to argue. How it got into his system without him knowing is another argument but he'll do well to get off with it.

Hound

Gordon Elliott could be in some serious trouble if that photo is real (search Gordon Elliott on dead horse if you haven't seen it).

Could well be fake, and it was my first assumption.

He said on Twitter:

I'm aware of a photo in circulation on social media. The I.H.R.B. have been in contact with me regarding this photo and I will be cooperating fully with their investigation.

A little bit odd not to dismiss it as a fake if he knows it's fake.

bennydorano

Releasing either original photo would clear it up fairly quickly. You'd like to think it's a fake.

grounded

Super going by Hugh Morgan. He'd be sore the next day after that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QutUqbsDa8M