Question for those from dual counties

Started by StGallsGAA, July 22, 2009, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Can anyone tell me if any county has had to travel 100+ miles to a hurling championship game and then the same journey next day to a football championship game instead of playng a double header if possible?  We are gutted that we have to choose between Antrim hurlers and footballers as there's no way we can go to both games in 48 hours.  How can those in croke park be so short-sighted when the numbers at each game will be relatively low? 

Frank Casey

Have heard the langers moaning about it a few times. Can't recall a specific though.
KERRY 3:7

Tyrone Dreamer

It would have made much more sense to play a double header. If your keen enough you could go to both, they're on different days so depending on your circumstances could easily do it- make a weekend of it etc. You'd think after so many quiet years Antrim fans/management would be delighted just to see there footballers do so well. Its not often Antrim get to the last 12 of the championship and to meet Kerry, surely a 3 hour drive won't put all the supporters of like Bradley says?

Lets face it not to many would have travelled to the hurling if it was the only game this weekend.

Apple Crumble

Once drove to Mullingar to bull a married woman from Cork on a Saturday and then drove to Tralee to bull a girl from Ballybofey on the Sunday.

Does that count??

Frank Casey

Quote from: Apple Crumble on July 22, 2009, 10:48:45 PM
Once drove to Mullingar to bull a married woman from Cork on a Saturday and then drove to Tralee to bull a girl from Ballybofey on the Sunday.

Does that count??

Merits an All Star I'd say
KERRY 3:7

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 22, 2009, 10:25:49 PM
Can anyone tell me if any county has had to travel 100+ miles to a hurling championship game and then the same journey next day to a football championship game instead of playng a double header if possible?  We are gutted that we have to choose between Antrim hurlers and footballers as there's no way we can go to both games in 48 hours.  How can those in croke park be so short-sighted when the numbers at each game will be relatively low? 

Welcome to the club.

Apple Crumble

They weren't that hot, so a nominee will do.

Apple Crumble

Thanks

The Antrim thing is a pain alright.

Q. Are their any Ulster men on the game scheduling committee in Croke Park.

Rav67

Quote from: Apple Crumble on July 22, 2009, 10:48:45 PM

Does that count??

Quote from: Apple Crumble on July 22, 2009, 10:53:06 PM
They weren't that hot, so a nominee will do.

Jaysus Tralee is a wil way for a ride at a munter!  :D Where'd ye set off from originally?

Kilconly SuperSub

Actually can anyone ever remember Galway or Cork ever doing a double header?

I can't remember it even in the League..

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Kilconly SuperSub on July 23, 2009, 12:04:16 AM
Actually can anyone ever remember Galway or Cork ever doing a double header?

I can't remember it even in the League..

The striking langers got the red carpet rolled out for them at Croke Park last August.

Football 1/4 final - Cork v Kildare
Hurling semifinal - Cork v Kilkenny
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ziggysego

Tyrone Ladies and Tyrone Men was a double header in Croke Park a few years ago for their Quarter Finals.
Testing Accessibility

Son_of_Sam

When Mayo where playing Cork in Ennis to win the U-21 Football match, Keith Higgins was expected by the GAA to also be in Breffni Park to play for Mayo in an important Senior Hurling match that could have led to our promotion.

thejuice

Remember this.

June 7th 2009

Dublin Vs Antrim
Dublin Vs Meath
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016