Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The lights in Healy where constantly flickering last night, needs sorted

skeog

Under Lights

Donaghmore lack of championship pedigree could be telling at the end of this game

Stan

First championship game in about 5 years and Im going to need a double expresso to get back up the road.
Whose idea was it to throw games on this time of night?
And before anyone springs to the defence of the county board - having a family member or a friend on the county board isn't much to be boasting about if they're responsible for this shambles

the best club championship should be played in the very best conditions

Eire90

why these games behind a paywall and dublin is not

LeoMc

Quote from: Eire90 on September 23, 2022, 11:07:31 PM
Dublin CB don't need the money.

PMG1

That has to be one of the biggest crowds at a first round game that I have ever seen, must have been 8-9k easy

ONeill

Really enjoyed those 2 games. Sometimes the quality can be lacking in the games with teams that aren't going to be thereabouts, but the tension is still there. Don't think we've seen the overall winners yet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Stan on September 23, 2022, 10:42:21 PM
First championship game in about 5 years and Im going to need a double expresso to get back up the road.
Whose idea was it to throw games on this time of night?
And before anyone springs to the defence of the county board - having a family member or a friend on the county board isn't much to be boasting about if they're responsible for this shambles

the best club championship should be played in the very best conditions

What is this shit ffs? Friday night lights, huge crowd,  live streaming, what more do you want.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: PMG1 on September 23, 2022, 11:38:13 PM
That has to be one of the biggest crowds at a first round game that I have ever seen, must have been 8-9k easy

Impressive. But wont get a mention on bbc/itv yet coleraine newry with not 1000 at it will. Its near like Club Championship is the Gaa and its followers little secret and thats maybe no bad thing

Mikhailov

Not a chance was there 8k there. Tyrone will declare 3.5/4K max for obvious reasons. The stand holds 5k but no way was there another 3/4K elsewhere - no chance.

Under Lights

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 23, 2022, 11:54:11 PM

Impressive. But wont get a mention on bbc/itv yet coleraine newry with not 1000 at it will. Its near like Club Championship is the Gaa and its followers little secret and thats maybe no bad thing

This is very harsh on BBC, they mentioned the Trillick Dungannon game on BBC radio Ulster on radio morning. Their Gaa podcast just won an award. If anything RTE don't give enough coverage to the Tyrone championship, they leave us off the map of Ireland ffs

sam03/05

Surely the county board are entitled to make money off their games, to fund football in the county.
Dublin have other means to do this.
Also the league final should be played next weekend - to save both clubs a lot of money in the next 6-7 weeks. Manager fees, food costs, the cost of switching on floodlights, play it next weekend for the sake of both clubs and players.
Could live stream it too, probably make a few quid.

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2022, 11:20:05 PM
Dublin CB don't need the money.

RedHand88

Dublin are sponsored by an American insurance firm who turned over $500 billion last year.

Tyrone are sponsored by a steel fabricator in Ballygawley.

Tyrone95

Dromore blew the socks of Killyclogher last night.  Pace, energy, turnovers & GOALS. Goals win games.. Mark Bradley a one man band in KC forward line. League form counts for nothing in the heat of battle under lights.