China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on January 22, 2022, 04:02:17 PM
Meatloaf was the picture of health all his life ffs get a grip
74 year old obese man with heart disease and asthma dies.  Shocker

Heavy 74 year olds with asthma are regularly dying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Without Covid he could've lived for another 15 years easily. That's the point when people talk of comorbities. Lots of youngish people have died from Covid who've had things like diabetes or high blood pressure. These are very manageable conditions and they could easily have expected to live another 20 or 30 years for some of them.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on January 22, 2022, 04:17:00 PM

Without Covid he could've lived for another 15 years easily. That's the point when people talk of comorbities. Lots of youngish people have died from Covid who've had things like diabetes or high blood pressure. These are very manageable conditions and they could easily have expected to live another 20 or 30 years for some of them.
his cause of death is speculation at this stage unless you saw death certificate.
Do you know his medical history?  you don't know if he was vaccinated or not it's speculation .
Being an unhealthy male  and dying at 74 is the most common thing in the world in 2022 and was in 2019 too.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gmac on January 22, 2022, 04:26:38 PM

his cause of death is speculation at this stage unless you saw death certificate.
Do you know his medical history?  you don't know if he was vaccinated or not it's speculation .
Being an unhealthy male  and dying at 74 is the most common thing in the world in 2022 and was in 2019 too.

A person dying a decade earlier seems to be matter of no concern to you. That decade represents the entire progress in medicine in the last 50 years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gmac

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2022, 05:29:13 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 22, 2022, 04:26:38 PM

A person dying a decade earlier seems to be matter of no concern to you. That decade represents the entire progress in medicine in the last 50 years.
I didn't look after my health for 74 years I can't believe I'm going to die !
Real concern or fake concern ? Don't do the latter

clarshack

Tbf Meatloaf did well getting to 74.

lenny

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 22, 2022, 04:05:50 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 22, 2022, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 22, 2022, 10:32:16 AM
Quote from: lenny on January 22, 2022, 07:47:07 AM
Quote from: lenny on January 21, 2022, 08:03:56 PM
It's mad that all these restrictions are being lifted and we're getting our freedoms back. The anti vaxxers said that once they were imposed we'd never get them back. I'm not sure if I can trust those guys any more.

I just read that Meat Loaf died from Covid. He wouldn't take the vaccine as he didn't want to be controlled. Great musician but it's sad he bought into conspiracy nonsense.

Not wanting to be controlled and thinking there is a conspiracy aren't the same thing for some I'd imagine .

The disgusting abuse online about him demonstrates the loonies we get at both extremes of the covid debate

Have to say I disagree. You have to be some sort of conspiracy theorist to think that taking the vaccine to protect yourself and others is somehow surrendering control.

Language like "you have to be" and " no brainer" isn't helpful . Mad how many pro choice 8th amendment campaigners and vice versa take total opposite view in this debate. Oh the irony .

You may like me think there is no conspiracy, but you are healthy and that depending on your own immune system( in relation to booster)is perfectly sensible to say thank you for now

That's fair enough but Meat Loaf gave the reason for Nat getting vaccinated as that he didn't want to be controlled. Nobody who's giving out vaccines wants to control anyone else, they're doing it to protect them. Therefore he must've fallen victim to believing conspiracy theorists. Which is very sad since if he'd taken the vaccine he could've expected only a mild illness and to have lived for several more years at least.

grounded

Quote from: lenny on January 22, 2022, 07:28:22 PM
It's mad that all these restrictions are being lifted and we're getting our freedoms back. The anti vaxxers said that once they were imposed we'd never get them back. I'm not sure if I can trust those guys any more.

I just read that Meat Loaf died from Covid. He wouldn't take the vaccine as he didn't want to be controlled. Great musician but it's sad he bought into conspiracy nonsense.

Not wanting to be controlled and thinking there is a conspiracy aren't the same thing for some I'd imagine .

The disgusting abuse online about him demonstrates the loonies we get at both extremes of the covid debate

Have to say I disagree. You have to be some sort of conspiracy theorist to think that taking the vaccine to protect yourself and others is somehow surrendering control.

Language like "you have to be" and " no brainer" isn't helpful . Mad how many pro choice 8th amendment campaigners and vice versa take total opposite view in this debate. Oh the irony .

You may like me think there is no conspiracy, but you are healthy and that depending on your own immune system( in relation to booster)is perfectly sensible to say thank you for now

That's fair enough but Meat Loaf gave the reason for Nat getting vaccinated as that he didn't want to be controlled. Nobody who's giving out vaccines wants to control anyone else, they're doing it to protect them. Therefore he must've fallen victim to believing conspiracy theorists. Which is very sad since if he'd taken the vaccine he could've expected only a mild illness and

to have lived for several more years at least.

I'm sorry but that's pure conjecture. Do you know his detailed medical history? 

Rossfan

Are all the people who got vaccinated against polio and smallpox being "controlled"?
Who's "controlling" them?
How many of them want to get polio or smallpox?
There are some fruitcake out there and a few on this board.
Then we had 1,000 fckwits protesting in Dublin today against Covid restrictions, which were abolished 6 hours earlier.
I wonder what will the 0.8% extremist scumbags latch onto now?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: grounded on January 22, 2022, 07:41:32 PM

That's fair enough but Meat Loaf gave the reason for Nat getting vaccinated as that he didn't want to be controlled. Nobody who's giving out vaccines wants to control anyone else, they're doing it to protect them. Therefore he must've fallen victim to believing conspiracy theorists. Which is very sad since if he'd taken the vaccine he could've expected only a mild illness and

if TMZ is accurate, he was due to attend a business dinner but that dinner was cancelled as he had covid. So it appears healthy enough to arrange a business meeting prior to having covid, not healthy enough after getting covid.

Wildweasel74

His health wasnt great on and off for a number of recent years.

lenny

I haven't a clue about his medical history. I do know that if you've lived to 74 as a male you can expect to live to 87. There are obviously many variables there but that's the expected outcome for a man of 74.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on January 22, 2022, 08:31:09 PM

I haven't a clue about his medical history. I do know that if you've lived to 74 as a male you can expect to live to 87. There are obviously many variables there but that's the expected outcome for a man of 74.
not in the USA 77 years for a male in 2020

Rudi

Back to the real  Irish pandemic tonight for the poor hoors that have to work in a&e departments up & down our wonderful country. Young lads & women drinking quantities of drink their bodies & minds cant possibly sustain. If there was one blessing of Covid & partial lockdowns, twas the respite our a&e departments got from the lack of drunken, violent, ungrateful assholes shown up bloodied & battered looking for attention. Maybe these fookers need a pass in future to enter premises that sell alcohol. People like these pose a far greater problem to themselves & society than the covid unvaccinated ever did.

Itchy

Isn't it it inevitable that in 10 days time we are going to have a huge amount of covid positives. Is that the idea that we are going to let covid rip now?  If that's the case do people just go to work now with a sniffle again? This whole jump into two footed in the Republic seems very odd to me.