Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never Give Up

Tried my first audio book. It's the future for lazy and busy people I reckon

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Never Give Up on October 24, 2021, 08:40:53 PM

very time efficient, can read while gardening, walking, driving, cleaning, working etc etc

amazing  ;D

Nanderson

Quote from: Never Give Up on October 24, 2021, 08:40:53 PM
Always wanted to get into audibooks but find myself zoning out sometimes during podcasts and then i have to relisten to it again

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on October 19, 2021, 07:06:27 PM
It's now officially my reading season, have bought 2 books recently, the Sally Rooney one and Richard Osman's follow up book :D Not that hi brow these days.

Obama's book is never getting finished.
More than half way through Sally Rooney's 'Beautiful world where are you', it's very meh, I'm on the verge of declaring it shite. It's almost as if middle aged men aren't her target demographic  :P

ziggy90

Quote from: Silver hill on October 19, 2021, 10:10:07 PM
Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart.
Semi autobiographical novel set in Glasgow in the 80s.
What a brilliantly crafted book.
Thanks for the recommendation. Brilliant book.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bennydorano

Read Bob Mortimer's Autobiography  'And Away". As you'd expect some serious LOLs. Very interesting to read about pretty much everything, his upbringing, the path to comedy, the dynamics with Vic. Watched the full series of Catterick again on YouTube between chapters.

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on June 01, 2022, 03:19:58 PM
Read Bob Mortimer's Autobiography  'And Away". As you'd expect some serious LOLs. Very interesting to read about pretty much everything, his upbringing, the path to comedy, the dynamics with Vic. Watched the full series of Catterick again on YouTube between chapters.
I hadn't heard of Bob Mortimer previously, is he BBC English? 

AustinPowers

Quote from: Main Street on June 01, 2022, 10:49:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 01, 2022, 03:19:58 PM
I hadn't heard of Bob Mortimer previously, is he BBC English?

It's Bob, as in Vic and Bob, Reeves and Mortimer, Shooting Stars and all that.

Read it recently myself. Good read.  He had a tough time as a kid growing up and with uni life.  His TV show Gone Fishing with Paul Whitehouse is  a brilliant watch.   

Rois

A very uninteresting fact, but Bob's nephew is married to an old school friend of mine. They got married down in what is now the Lodge at Ashford Castle and Bob was there. No one from the Strabane contingent was torturing him at all, too busy having craic with the half-cut parish priest.

bennydorano

Watched Narcos again, watched the Sky Documentary series about Escobar and now looking for a good book to buy about Pablo, there's an awful lot about, anybody got a recommendation ? Something entertaining and flowing. Noticed a 3 part series by Shaun Atwood that looks the business but not sure I can be arsed with that sort of time investment.

bennydorano

Read Jews dont count hy David Baddiel. An interesting (short) read.

AustinPowers

Finished  Richard Osman's the Thursday murder club.

It was nothing to write home about to  be honest . Wouldn't be in a hurry to read the follow up book

mrdeeds

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2022, 03:14:37 PM
Watched Narcos again, watched the Sky Documentary series about Escobar and now looking for a good book to buy about Pablo, there's an awful lot about, anybody got a recommendation ? Something entertaining and flowing. Noticed a 3 part series by Shaun Atwood that looks the business but not sure I can be arsed with that sort of time investment.

Killing Pablo is good.

ziggy90

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 09, 2022, 02:32:08 PM
Finished  Richard Osman's the Thursday murder club.

It was nothing to write home about to  be honest . Wouldn't be in a hurry to read the follow up book

Same as that. Boring and mundane.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered