Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 05, 2021, 11:10:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2021, 07:39:36 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on December 05, 2021, 07:32:49 PM
Nah, I fancy the Tyrone champs to hammer them...oh wait

Joking aside, Derrygonnelly v Clann Eireann will be another tight one.  Both will fancy their chances.

Why are people underestimating the Fermanagh lads? CE in fairness only played about 30 minutes and won the game in extra time. That's was down to Creggan not seeing it out when 6 or 7 up, Derrygonnelly won't allow that to happen

Who is underestimating them? CE are my club but I'd have DG as favourites given their experience in Ulster. That said CE will go into it with no fear.

All the Tyrone ones for a start! You said Fermanagh clubs have had a dismal recorded since Gaels, but this team has done well? General lee said there's no reason why CE won't take them out...

People underestimate them. These are county line calls, this is club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Being a few points ahead to Clann Éireann during the game doesn't seem to phase them anyhow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 06, 2021, 12:39:44 AM
Being a few points ahead to Clann Éireann during the game doesn't seem to phase them anyhow.

7 points! But yes based on their comeback against Cross they have form
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Tyrone got bored winning the AI club after 2002 and been focused on the county since, hasn't worked out too bad  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on December 06, 2021, 09:22:33 AM
Tyrone got bored winning the AI club after 2002 and been focused on the county since, hasn't worked out too bad  ;)

You'd need to win it first before getting bored I'd say. They got dicked in the semi i think by Nemo

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 09:25:08 AM

You'd need to win it first before getting bored I'd say. They got dicked in the semi i think by Nemo
[/quote
Let it go lad.   Edit by Mod5: Obscenity deleted.

Best Tyrone club team of all time and one of Ulsters finest too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on December 06, 2021, 09:39:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 09:25:08 AM

Let it go lad.  Edit by Mod5: Obscenity deleted.

Best Tyrone club team of all time and one of Ulsters finest too.

Is this a picture of a Tyrone club winning an All Ireland senior?  Can't remember that one myself, but seeing as you have the photo up it must be true

Edit by Mod 5: Obscenity deleted.

Milltown Row2

There are a right few clubs like that up and down the country, I seen Ballinderry played in Tyrone leagues back in the 20's 30's .. Muldoon was at Corrigan on Sunday, punished us in the Ulster club back in the day

HiMucker

Quote from: grounded on December 05, 2021, 07:22:35 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 05, 2021, 06:43:53 PM
Glen probaly have the height advantage in a few areas over Kilcoo. Bradley and Glass are huge, McFaul .. Kilcoo are a well conditioned team with a lot of pace. Eugene Brannigan was flying in the skins.

Certainly Glen have a major advantage in midfield over Kilcoo. Kilcoo have been able to deal with this in the past but your man Glass is in a different league.
      After watching that today i'd fancy Glen over Kilcoo but not by much.
That reminds me, Glass getting getting blew up for that ridiculous catch in the second half was a refereeing travesty

Truth hurts

Is it true that Moran will not manage Kilcoo on the day and leave it to Gilligan as he cannot manage v his own club?

Mikhailov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 10:29:24 AM
There are a right few clubs like that up and down the country, I seen Ballinderry played in Tyrone leagues back in the 20's 30's .. Muldoon was at Corrigan on Sunday, punished us in the Ulster club back in the day

Is Muldoon not involved in the new Cargin management set up?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 06, 2021, 11:04:00 AM

Is Muldoon not involved in the new Cargin management set up?

Don't know, but seen him at game yesterday

rrhf

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 06, 2021, 11:04:00 AM

Showing your age there MR.

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 12:17:17 AM

Joking aside, Derrygonnelly v Clann Eireann will be another tight one.  Both will fancy their chances.

Why are people underestimating the Fermanagh lads? CE in fairness only played about 30 minutes and won the game in extra time. That's was down to Creggan not seeing it out when 6 or 7 up, Derrygonnelly won't allow that to happen

Who is underestimating them? CE are my club but I'd have DG as favourites given their experience in Ulster. That said CE will go into it with no fear.

All the Tyrone ones for a start! You said Fermanagh clubs have had a dismal recorded since Gaels, but this team has done well? General lee said there's no reason why CE won't take them out...

I said nothing about fermanagh clubs. And I couldn't care what Tyrone ones say to be honest. They have no knowledge of being successful in ulster club at this level

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 12:17:17 AM

There is no reason why CE can't take them. On paper they're underdogs but they've been underdogs on paper for 3/4 matches in a row and still came out on top. Two good footballing sides, hopefully they both go man to man.