China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on December 05, 2021, 09:02:00 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 05:55:43 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2021, 05:36:37 PM
Ftb do you think any of what is censored is censored because it is outright lies?

......and who decides what is lies? Who decides what is the truth? Is a open forum not healthy?

I started a thread on GAABOARD called The uncensored Covid 19 Thread. It was deleted by moderators within an hour.

You are correct, this is a GAABOARD.  One discussion thread on Covid-19 issues is enough.

You see... he/she isn't one of "them" ;D

Ftb do you know the full story behind any of these censorships? Do you work in an area where you would understand rationale if it were given for removal of content?

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 08:58:21 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 05, 2021, 08:37:12 PM
Parma companies may have influence but there are universities all over the world with all sorts of funding. It only takes one person to disprove something. Conspiracy theories are bollix.

So (hypothetically) one scientist comes out and says whats going on! He decides to go against the grain. He posts his findings on Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. People who believe, share it. People who don't believe look and shake their head (or don't even look at all). How could this one Scientist be going against all the rest? they ask (if they even look).  Youtube, Facebook and Twitter censor the content. Dead end.

If a scientist has any actual scientific analysis of interest, then he or she does not go on Youtube or Twitter, but puts a proper paper on medrxiv or the like and allows scientific colleagues examine the work.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Regardless of what we read or are told. We all go on intuition.
An inbuilt 6th sense, that tells us if something just is not right.
I hope in most cases I am completely wrong about what is coming.
I'm going to leave it there for the moment.

thebigfella

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 10:10:05 PM

What is coming?

Rossfan

The end of the World !
Repent now!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

armaghniac

Intuition tells us that Mayo should have won the All Ireland years ago.

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on December 05, 2021, 11:31:59 PM

That's not intuition, that's just coming from one of the many erroneous voices inside your head.
Is there not a tiny voice in there which is trying to tell you to back off from your covid thread obsessions and the delusions of grandiose scientific correctness.

armaghniac

Quote from: Thastheball on December 06, 2021, 12:09:23 AM
As I keep saying its only a matter of time for the whole truth comes out

https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/1466752743276744708?s=21

A lot of people are embarrassing themselves on this Covid thing. If the US does 50 million jabs, and there are 50,000 "adverse reactions" then that is 0.1% of people with sore arms. Big swinging mickey. 5 times that proportion of people with Covid are dead. ANd if you vaccinate 50m 70 year olds (they started with older age groups) then 30,000 would die within 10 days even if you just give them a placebo.

gawa316

Anyone know what the protocols are for traveling to the states right now? Oul pair are flying out mid Dec. They obviously need prove of vaccination and a negative test but what's the time frame of the test...72 or 24 hrs?

Main Street

Quote from: gawa316 on December 06, 2021, 01:48:53 AM
Anyone know what the protocols are for traveling to the states right now? Oul pair are flying out mid Dec. They obviously need prove of vaccination and a negative test but what's the time frame of the test...72 or 24 hrs?
Why not go and read for yourself from the authoritative web site https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel/index.html  instead of subjecting yourself to the questionable anecdotal  info from the  inept brethren who  infect this thread with their dogmatic delusions of scientific grandeur.

imtommygunn

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 11:23:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2021, 11:15:48 PM
The end of the World !
Repent now!

Hopefully not!  :-\

Jesus. I think you might be better staying away from the internet  :-\

Rudi

Quote from: Main Street on December 05, 2021, 11:57:41 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 05, 2021, 11:31:59 PM

That's not intuition, that's just coming from one of the many erroneous voices inside your head.
Is there not a tiny voice in there which is trying to tell you to back off from your covid thread obsessions and the delusions of grandiose scientific correctness.

+1 Main Street, enjoyed that input.

Armagh18

Quote from: lenny on December 05, 2021, 05:16:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 04:44:27 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 05, 2021, 03:58:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 05, 2021, 02:43:46 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 05, 2021, 01:56:22 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 01:16:36 PM
All joking aside, Lads do you believe their have been huge Censorship for the last 2 years?

Are ye all happily rolling along with all of this? Believing this is all for the common good?
There's definitely more to this than a bit of a virus with a 99% plus recovery rate.

There is definitely a bit more. It has a higher mortality rate than that. It's also leading to lots of cases of long covid where otherwise healthy people are being left as invalids. There are also lots of cases of strokes/heart disease arising a few months after getting covid which shows that nobody knows the long term consequences on the body of getting covid. So you're correct.

What is the mortality rate?

Most medical data analysts have it closer to 2% but it won't fully be known for a while yet. I read recently that people who have been hospitalised with Covid are 50% more likely to die in the following 12 months than normal for their age and health status and that's across all age ranges. As I said before nobody wants to get this virus as it's becoming clear that many people are suffering serious long term consequences.

You are telling me that 2 out of every 100 known positive cases of Covid die?

The uk has had 150,000 deaths due to Covid which is likely to be an underestimation because it doesn't include thousands who've died more than 28 days after testing positive. If around 10 million people have now had Covid in the uk then that's around 2%.
But what about the thousands who have died of any cause within 28 days of a covid test? I'd say the deaths are alot lower.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 09:17:01 AM
But what about the thousands who have died of any cause within 28 days of a covid test? I'd say the deaths are alot lower.

Go on then. In your expert medical, scientific and statistical opinion what do you set the death rate at for Covid?