Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on September 06, 2022, 11:17:52 AM
Every concert in Ireland since forever has had a flurry of sales and transfers on social media.

This is 5 concerts at Croke Park, the largest capacity in Ireland. 415,000 odd tickets were sold. If anyone is surprised that thousands of them need new homes, then you've not been paying attention. If you're speculating about hotel prices and cost of living crisis contributing to the ticket turnover, then you've not been listening.

There is genuinely nothing to see here. It's exactly as it should be.

Garth has been paid already so he aint giving a shit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

I see they are saying dont expect this to be like match day parking with only one nearby car park open.  Might just park in the city centre and buy my car back again after
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

WT4E

What would be the best option for a pregnant woman to prevent long walk? Staying in a hotel south of the city but can drive from there if can get close to stadium. Not goin until second weekend so maybe wait to see what others experience

Hound

Luas would get you from southside to Parnell St. Approx 15 min walk from there - not sure if that counts as "long"!

Keyser soze

Does anybody know where I can get one of them wee mini cowboy hats???

Rois

Quote from: WT4E on September 07, 2022, 07:10:30 AM
What would be the best option for a pregnant woman to prevent long walk? Staying in a hotel south of the city but can drive from there if can get close to stadium. Not goin until second weekend so maybe wait to see what others experience
Book the Mater Hospital car park. Maybe that's better for longer journeys, it is just helpful to have a clean toilet as soon as you park up, and the walk isn't far. Parked there when going to a match and pregnant.
Edit: seems you can't pre book it any more.

snoopdog

Quote from: WT4E on September 07, 2022, 07:10:30 AM
You could drive as far as connolly station. Use their car park at the ifsc. Get the train from conolly to dromcondra or a taxi. But they will be non existent after gig. Train may be an issue after also. But plenty of busses should get you close to conolly.

WT4E

Thanks everyone - O'Connell School would be the preferred option but I would assume you need to be there crazy early to get in there.

bigarsedkeeper

I would usually park around the home farm area heading down from the north - do you think that would work on Friday evening this week?

trueblue1234

We're going to get bus down early doors Friday to try beat the chaos. Anyone know if any of the bars around Croke park will be doing any live music as a warm up?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

markl121

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 07, 2022, 11:30:51 AM
I would usually park around the home farm area heading down from the north - do you think that would work on Friday evening this week?
Parked there for the Derry game, bit of a walk but I'm thinking similar for the gig on the 17th. I've got all day to get down early

Wildweasel74

O'Connell you need be in early to be parked near the front, I was 45mibs to an hr coming out of it for the semi and I was in the first 3rd of the parking.

Captain Obvious

snoopdog

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 09, 2022, 10:25:51 PM
Decent crowd in attendance tonight

He must have some sound system. I could hear him clearly 8 miles away in Terenure.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea